General Discussion

Community Feedback [Megathread + Poll]

Tanooki

General Satisfaction Poll  

240 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the current direction of the game?

• Very Satisfied
    • Somewhat Satisfied
    • Neutral
    • Dissatisfied
    • Very Dissatisfied

Someone suggested adding a filter for character parts in your inventory and that would be pretty cool. They also suggested adding options to switch which weapon sound effects you hear (like how you can switch voices). So you can choose to use pre-surge sounds, newer sounds, etc.

Also for future reference, I'm just going to be posting suggestions I see from the discord and all around (and others can add too) so that everything is condensed in one place, hopefully making it easier for the devs to browse. Maybe hopefully pinning the thread at some point so people can throw more ideas.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

More suggestions / bugs I've seen on the forums:

Bug: Level rewards aren't being handed out (no mp, no level 100 stand, etc).

Suggestion: Nerfing zombie jumps, as it trivializes the game mode and makes zombies jump anywhere, making zombies win most of the time. It was balanced for when MV surge had busted weapons, but now they're weaker so the high zombie jump should be reverted to normal.

Suggestion: New forum sections for suggestions, bug reports, and feedback.

Suggestion: Increase the (A) melee runspeed by 100 - 200 as it feels pointless as a runspeed weapon since it only increases it by like 30 compared to the other upgrades. It also barely makes a difference whereas other upgrades impact it more. It feels abit slow to get into gunfights and extra slow for zombie mode.

Suggestion: The votekick system should be removed or reworked, especially if we get active ingame moderators. People are abusing it to kick players who are better than them or topscoring.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Bug: Level rewards aren't being handed out (no mp, no level 100 stand, etc).

Suggestion: Nerfing zombie jumps, as it trivializes the game mode and makes zombies jump anywhere, making zombies win most of the time. It was balanced for when MV surge had busted weapons, but now they're weaker so the high zombie jump should be reverted to normal.

Suggestion: New forum sections for suggestions, bug reports, and feedback.

Suggestion: Increase the (A) melee runspeed by 100 - 200 as it feels pointless as a runspeed weapon since it only increases it by like 30 compared to the other upgrades. It also barely makes a difference whereas other upgrades impact it more. It feels abit slow to get into gunfights and extra slow for zombie mode.

Suggestion: The votekick system should be removed or reworked, especially if we get active ingame moderators. People are abusing it to kick players who are better than them or topscoring.

yea bro i feel you and i love your dedication, but at this point i really dont think that there's somebody reading this stuff besides us, players xD not to sound pessimistic, but i dont think any1 cares about the state of the game. We got a patch fixing some random stuff, they didnt even touch the important stuff.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Valeu said:

yea bro i feel you and i love your dedication, but at this point i really dont think that there's somebody reading this stuff besides us, players xD not to sound pessimistic, but i dont think any1 cares about the state of the game. We got a patch fixing some random stuff, they didnt even touch the important stuff.

I understand the pessimism, I don't fault you for it, but they do read the forums. I used to have the same mindset, but alot of the changes made are player oriented and they managed to make the game better...but not perfect. It's got alot of faults and even if we talk to the void, it's better to have things out there than to keep things unmentioned. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

That being said, we still need better communication, moderation, and updates from them because it's abit of the wild west around here.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Bug: The "Enamel Eater" achievement is not being tracked properly. No matter how many health drops you run through, the counter stays at 0.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, PlanB said:

Bug: The "Enamel Eater" achievement is not being tracked properly. No matter how many health drops you run through, the counter stays at 0.

Yeah, the main issue with this bug is that the ammo drops are tied to ones that drop after killing a player, but players don't drop enamel anymore so it's impossible to do. So is the direct rocket achievement where you need to get 5 kills with direct hits on full hp players in one match.

Bug: Relaunching the game causes sets like Awsome, Jimi, Tight, and the simon default set to revert tuned stats. Visually it'll say they are tuned up, but in actuality they have no stats and need to be retuned everytime.

Quite satisfied, since not all games will be lucky enough to have active moderators, reading their community, being aware of bugs and carrying out maintenance and scheduling them, every 1 or 2 days they are doing maintenance or talking to their community. 
I hope the rewards improve, and there are improvements to getting MP, I hope they don't read the comments from people who want to make it a P2W game. On the other hand, seeing how attentive they are to their community, everything else will be fixed as soon as possible. 
Thanks MicroVolts: Recharged.
 🌹 - Melu 

Bug: Controls / settings get reverted when relaunching your game sometimes.

Bug: Tracking some achievements keeps them tracked even after you untrack them after restarting the game.

Suggestion: Bring back the old pity system for capsules where you filled up a bar the more you spun, and would get a gold prize when it was full but this time it would give you 1 rare item from the capsule you're spinning, or at least alot of MP. We desperately need a pity system.

• Like 1

Currently known issues 

• No optimisation for high-end computer specs; Windows 11 can also affect login-issues
  • Level 100 Platform does not work; some players do not receive it
  • Some Levels do not give rewards (MP)
  • Sometimes when you gain more exp than needed (the equivalent of two levels) the system does not allow you to level up; the fix is to use single waves and let the robots kill you
  • Multiple errors regarding loss of connection or being unable to log in due to connectivity; sometimes opening the client as Admin may work; or checking the integrity of files through the Steam feature; sometimes reinstalling works - some people tried these and it still did not work for them
  • Known issue with blurry textures overall at 1920x1080 resolution 
  • Some level gifts cannot be redeemed
  • Some Users are unable to log in through Steam via the official website
  • Hot Dog Type A is still an actual Type B - must be changed

These are the ones I've gathered from the Discord Server, if there are any duplicate messages of what I've mentioned above already in this topic, apologies in advance.

On 9/12/2023 at 1:20 PM, Tanooki said:

I have some input on this one, I used to play zombies all the time in 2013 and earlier.

It does appear as if zombies have increased jump height now. At least, it feels like it. I have not done some sort of definitive measuring. It would be nice if a dev could tell us.

After playing a few matches, I've seen that a solo zombie is able to get to certain locations a lot easier.

Remember the Stool in Hobby Shop? Normally you need to jump on the wheel next to it to get on top. A zombie is now able to just jump on top of that from the bottom. There are various other "good spots" that are ruined by this jump bonus.

Minion zombies should have an equal jump height to the figures, no boost.

But I wouldn't see a problem with keeping it for the tank zombies. Just it should be noted that any boost to the jump height is actually a double boost, because they all double jump. So a 25% boost in jump height really becomes a 56% boost in overall jump height, because it's 1.25 x 1.25 the jump height.

Even though zombies have this one edge, I've been seeing rounds still be fairly balanced in today's version of Microvolts. I'm surprised, because it's normally a tricky game mode to balance.

Anyway, zombies don't need jump boost because the typical strategy is for zombies to work together and climb on each other's heads to defeat figure camps.

This is the real reason zombies should only have equal jump to figures.

Edited by MicroData
  • Like 1

Bug / Oversight: Rockband, Bitmap 2, Aftermath, Toy Garden (night), Temple Ruins, Championship Castle Siege are NOT currently in zombie mode map rotation. They used to be but got removed for some reason.

Bug: Forgotten junkyard spawns ammo packs in old, unreachable spots (before the map got patched to be smaller). Magic paperland does the same thing. 

Edited by Tanooki

Bug: So, this one is quite simple but past level 100 it seems that completing one Easy Single Wave levels you up instantly, probably the same for the Hard Single Wave. Below I have a demonstration of my level before completing an Easy Single Wave and a video showing me levelling up even though I supposedly gain no XP from doing it. Though, this seems to also apply to general matches if you have "Next Level: 0" for your next level, though I am unsure about that part.

image.png.5be42fdd54ebae832fbdeb798aeb8e6e.png

21 minutes ago, Denisthedude said:

I cant upload the video since I get 403 Forbidden but basically I completed the last wave and I levelled up from 107 to 108 with no shift in EXP and still have "Next Level: 0" at 108.

Yeah I heard about that, thanks for posting it in detail. That's a biiiiiig glitch.

Suggestion: Add a "lock" feature for items that let's you have the option to manually lock them to prevent them from accidentally getting sold or deleted.

• Like 4
On 9/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, Denisthedude said:

Bug: So, this one is quite simple but past level 100 it seems that completing one Easy Single Wave levels you up instantly, probably the same for the Hard Single Wave. Below I have a demonstration of my level before completing an Easy Single Wave and a video showing me levelling up even though I supposedly gain no XP from doing it. Though, this seems to also apply to general matches if you have "Next Level: 0" for your next level, though I am unsure about that part.

Just to make it clear, as I've mentioned in another post before, this bug is not as critical as it seems. The "Next Level: 0" thing is just that you already achieved that level, but since the game can't level you up two or more times in one match, it requires you to play another one. You can lose single wave matches until you finish leveling up, and your actual XP needed will be shown. This bug exists since MVS, but it was not noticeable as the XP required to level up gradually increased with each level.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Mahiro said:

Sure, I don't like playing hours for 300 mp per level (I'm F2P) when the capsule need seven times that amount for a single shot

it's totally boring and tiring, we gain MP just by leveling up and not by finishing matches, the cost of the store is too high for our earnings and to use it in capsules is ridiculous... I LOVE this game and I've been in it since 2012 but As it is, I don't have the motivation to spend a lot of time playing. RT, in general, is incredibly expensive, especially for those who live in the southern hemisphere of the planet, like me, who lives in Brazil. There are missing game modes, zombie maps, old bugs still exist, in 1080P (full HD) it is blurry, there are several cosmetics missing from the MP store... I will continue playing my 10 games/day and leaving the game. 

I MISS YOU MY PANDORAAAAAAAA

imagem_2023-09-17_000603816.png

• Like 2

Suggestion: Bring back single wave rewards, as is it has no purpose in the game besides doing dailies. 

Suggestion: Bring back coupons, the bonus meter, and coupon shop back. Right now the game has NO pity system, and coupons filled the gap between not winning rares, and filling the bonus meter for some extra MP and coupons. It'd be nice to also have coins back so we can use them on the MP capsule in the future.

436346346.png

ezgif-5-10a53b8d74.png

• Like 1