General Discussion

Community Feedback [Megathread + Poll]

Tanooki

General Satisfaction Poll  

240 members have voted

1. 1. How satisfied are you with the current direction of the game?

• Very Satisfied
    • Somewhat Satisfied
    • Neutral
    • Dissatisfied
    • Very Dissatisfied

I've been scanning the forums, and I'm going to try my best to summarize the common complaints and grievances people are experiencing with the game. If anything is missing, please reply / provide more details / issues you are experiencing! Reminder to please be patient as the game just launched, and they have taken some great steps in the right direction, but also some steps backwards. 

Common community felt issues:

-No MP after matches

-Leveling up feels way too fast, removing any point in grinding for them / satisfaction for leveling up.

-Weapon levels are limited to 1, removing any grind for upgrading them, and making the membership pretty pointless since unlimited battery barely gets it's value due to this.

SUGGESTION: Perhaps bring back the old 5 levels (at least) with colored visuals or the old 9 levels with the glow option like it used to be. Make the levels barely add stats and accumulate up to the current upgraded level progress (current balance of the game so nothing is changed in terms of balance but more levels are added to reach peak stats now). 

-Option to remove capsule winnings from the chat would be nice, it's great that people are funding the game, but also abit intrusive when others are just trying to chat.

-Lack of game modes makes it abit bland for variety. Though I personally feel since the game just launched this will obviously be expanded, but bringing back bomb battle, boss battle, etc in the near future would help satiate players.

-The lack of MP shop items is very disheartening, there used to be alot of faces, clothing options, and accessories available for free to play players as well as rt players. Bringing alot of these back would be very appreciated, and trust me when I say this, we actually buy shop items! It doesn't only need to be reserved for capsule!

-Lower resolutions seem to also nuke the 3d resolution of the game, which makes it borderline unplayable for some players, same applies if you upscale the resolution.

-RT prices feel abit high, I personally feel they're pretty okay but this isn't about how I feel, it's about how we as a COMMUNITY feel about the prices, and many people are dissatisfied.

-The current weapon sounds are pretty loud, I've seen some people wanting the old microvolts sounds back, before the simon update of surge that changed them. If the devs need help for these they can check some old microvolts videos. 

-Lack of features for the membership, especially with the lack of upgrade levels for weapons making it even more pointless with the unlimited battery.

-Weird capsule item placement / missing set items in certain capsules. Herc face only in the mixed capsule (and not his own single capsule), naomi / pandora summoner sets missing their waist accessory, etc.

-Item shop items are too expensive! For both MP and RT, some are priced fairly like the hammer series (8 - 12 dollars-ish), but then you have items like the EM rifle that's worth a whopping 32 dollars, MP parts worth 4k mp for one (when there is currently a drought in MP), and everything currently feeling abit out of place or lacking! 

-Glitches! Alot of glitches on maps, game modes, etc still exist. Clipping into map spots, zombie mode rounds not ending sometimes, ammo spawns glitched on forgotten junkyard etc.

-Maps! Alot of the maps still have their "patched" and "nerfed" state where they've been shrunken, blocked off, or changed when they should be brought back to their old former glory.

-Clan system is currently unavailable ingame / it's experiencing big issues and only works on the website.

If I have missed anything, please reply and add your own grievances / issues with the game, so we can organize and help the developers see things in a much more condensed and convenient thread. Reminder to be patient as they're not always online and the game has just launched, please try to stay positive, civil, and provide valid feedback.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5
24 minutes ago, Konro said:

any way you could help me signing in official web? idk whats happening

-Try to link your steam account in the topright of the official website page.

-Login to the masangsoft (their host website) site first then try logging into the microvolts website.

• Like 1

MP prices are high considering we only get MP through leveling up and daily log ins. Also the RT price of items in the shop are insane.

Also feels like not really much has changed to the game to modernize it a bit. Maybe some things are missing too? Seems pretty barebones.

11 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Let's not forget the Level icons. They look so horrid, just give us the old ones back we had in Microvolts Surge. Is it that hard? 😕

Yeah I miss the old ones, these arent that bad but they're all the same shape which gets boring.

Leveling
Doesn't have to be a grind, it's just a funny # that shows you put time in the game. There are some prizes but let's be real, people aren't leveling up for that reason, and leveling in any game almost always is that way when it comes to shooters. 

Upgrades on Weapons
Again, I don't see the need to overcomplicate it. Stats are stats and if we're getting end level stats now, why should we grind harder to get that? It just alienates newer peeps from competing against those who have played the game and that's kinda unnecessary. We already have swapping ;p.

I agree with a lot of this though. My Naomi not having her blonde hair pigtails is w i l d, but here we are.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Goddesswolfy said:

Leveling
Doesn't have to be a grind, it's just a funny # that shows you put time in the game. There are some prizes but let's be real, people aren't leveling up for that reason, and leveling in any game almost always is that way when it comes to shooters. 

Upgrades on Weapons
Again, I don't see the need to overcomplicate it. Stats are stats and if we're getting end level stats now, why should we grind harder to get that? It just alienates newer peeps from competing against those who have played the game and that's kinda unnecessary. We already have swapping ;p.

I agree with a lot of this though. My Naomi not having her blonde hair pigtails is w i l d, but here we are.

I actually agree with this too, I kinda agree with both sides honestly and it's breaking my head trying to understand what would be better longterm, which I guess is probably how the devs feel lmao

3 hours ago, Goddesswolfy said:

Leveling

Upgrades on Weapons

yea well, leveling up this easy is pretty broken because there's no achievement you work towards.

plus, the over-balanced weapons dont really feel...idk...useful.. I mean spending 9k MP for a simply cosmetic upgrade when you only get 300 MP per level is pretty nasty. 100 levels mean 300x100=30.000, which means you can only buy 3 better looking weapons when you get lvl 100, and those weapons dont really do much.

the balance problem with old MV was that God Weapons were literally cheat codes, the upgrade system was completely fine imo. Upgraded MP and RT weapons didnt feel that OP with a few exceptons, those being the Potato Prime series. Other weapons had their minuses when it came to upgrading.

this 1 upgrade system feels kinda useless, i mean why does it even exist. There's no fun when there's 0 ammount of grind, people get bored instantly. Myself, i got to lvl 27 and im literally bored out of my mind, there's nothing to work for.

i get that balance is good, but this is not really balance. It's nullifying the personality of the weapons we loved, they're literally the same, but some are mad expensive.

That's just my opinion, i feel like the game is gonna die if we get to lvl 100 in 1 day and have barely upgradable weapons. Let's be honest, how many TDMs can you play untill you get bored.

EDIT: also, i get that the game has been out for less than a day, obviously it's only natural that there are things to do better. But the thing is, at this point the game feels like it is in its rawest form. Nostalgia runs out quickly, people aren't gonna be kept engaged by simply shooting eachother.

Edited by LawlMe
  • Like 3
20 minutes ago, ValiPolarBear2 said:

Game doesn't run on 13th gen intel processors (with ddr5),doesn't even launch.

That's actually a BIG issue, thanks for pointing it out.

I can't believe people want upgrading weapons which is one of the most consumer unfriendly systems ever created to be back LOL

Like that whole system was made to be as frustrating as possible, with weapons failing, losing levels, having miniscule chance to succeed, all to ultimately frustrate you enough to spend money on upgrading them.

You should play the game to play the game. Guns didn't have levels for a long time and MV was most successful during that period too.

This single level let's you customise your gun a little, which is fine.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mIKA- said:

I can't believe people want upgrading weapons which is one of the most consumer unfriendly systems ever created to be back LOL

Like that whole system was made to be as frustrating as possible, with weapons failing, losing levels, having miniscule chance to succeed, all to ultimately frustrate you enough to spend money on upgrading them.

You should play the game to play the game. Guns didn't have levels for a long time and MV was most successful during that period too.

Oh people don't want the failing back, just more levels again to give people purpose to grind for their weapons, and to get special bullets / glow like it was before. I don't think there's people who actually want the old failure system, I agree that it was abyssmal and will sour many peoples experience with microvolts.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mIKA- said:

And for how long do you think people are going to "just play the game"? Because i assure you, people get bored pretty quick. In a few weeks there's not gonna be many people to play with.

Upgrading weapons were cool, they looked different with each level, they got a little better with every level, there was diversity. Now all you do is fight with people that have the same gear as you, which is gonna get boring soon, and for some people it did already.

Even the upgrades failing, it's part of your progression. Heck, if you wanna just shoot people you can go play CS:GO. The beauty of MV was in fact the diversity of weapons, colors, visuals, clothing, etc. The problem was that the money hunger drove the devs to over-enhance some of the weapons, obviously

Edited by LawlMe
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mIKA- said:

Just to add onto this. They should instead work on actually developing rewarding progression systems and not some predatory garbage made to suck the last $ out of you.

This does include regular leveling being impactful and being rewarded well, and it will include the ranked progression if it's good at all. But also includes rewards for clan progression (clans aren't even implemented yet), etc.

2 minutes ago, mIKA- said:

Just to add onto this. They should instead work on actually developing rewarding progression systems and not some predatory garbage made to suck the last $ out of you.

This does include regular leveling being impactful and being rewarded well, and it will include the ranked progression if it's good at all. But also includes rewards for clan progression (clans aren't even implemented yet), etc.

Well that's the thing, upgrading system didn't actually use any $, what did was the capsule and the coupon system which people farmed with hundreds of dollars to get the god weapons at the top of the chain. Me for example, once i got all the god weapons i quit. Now that there's nothing to work for, i played like 20-25 matches or so, and i got bored because there's nothing to do really

2 minutes ago, LawlMe said:

Well that's the thing, upgrading system didn't actually use any $, what did was the capsule and the coupon system which people farmed with hundreds of dollars to get the god weapons at the top of the chain. Me for example, once i got all the god weapons i quit. Now that there's nothing to work for, i played like 20-25 matches or so, and i got bored because there's nothing to do really

You aren't getting a full inventory of level 9 weapons without spending money in Surge brother.

I was like level 88 in Surge and I had maybe few level 9 guns total? (and this is from free super glues) Rest I've just given up on leveling at 7 cus they just wouldn't ever succeed.

Edited by mIKA-
Just now, mIKA- said:

You aren't getting a full inventory of level 9 weapons without spending money in Surge brother.

I was like level 88 in Surge and I had maybe two level 9 guns total? (and this is from free super glues) Rest I've just given up on leveling at 7 cus they just wouldn't ever succeed.

and where's the fun in removing any progression in the game? how are we going to enjoy the game long term? wanna admit it or not, the upgrading system was one of the few balanced things in Surge, it was hard towards lvl 8-9 because its the way to go, and almost anybody could get lvl 6-7s. I, myself, got a bunch of lvl 9's without spending much money towards that, i never used glue in my life. Or maybe once, but thats it. 

Just now, LawlMe said:

and where's the fun in removing any progression in the game? how are we going to enjoy the game long term? wanna admit it or not, the upgrading system was one of the few balanced things in Surge, it was hard towards lvl 8-9 because its the way to go, and almost anybody could get lvl 6-7s. I, myself, got a bunch of lvl 9's without spending much money towards that, i never used glue in my life. Or maybe once, but thats it. 

Just wait, there will be a ranked system, I bet there will be improvements for the weapons upgrade. You guys require all at once but after all, they are trying at least to make it balanced. Step by step, slowly, but still.

1 minute ago, Amperson said:

Just wait, there will be a ranked system, I bet there will be improvements for the weapons upgrade. You guys require all at once but after all, they are trying at least to make it balanced. Step by step, slowly, but still.

nope, i dont require all at once, in fact that's the exact opposite of what i'm saying. I said it's natural to have faulty systems in day 1, obviously. I was just making my point about WHY we should have the upgrading systems back

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, mIKA- said:

You're trolling in this point.

• Like 1

-Try to link your steam account in the topright of the official website page.

-Login to the masangsoft (their host website) site first then try logging into the microvolts website.
-And Price RT pretty high.

57 minutes ago, mIKA- said:

I get what u mean but at the same time the single level upgrade destroys the whole purpose of battery upgrade at this point... with a single level up u dont need that much energy that u gain from every match, u dont need the membership unlimited battery... if u split the upgrade from that singular level up, into 5.... like for example 1 singular level up gives you 200 power? good... make it that with 5 level up u get +40 each level so u get +200 power at +5 weapon... u get the same upgrade at the end, but by making this change u can actually make something more grindy... and at first it might not look like something important, but while playing u get some motivation to keep grinding, and by doing this at least the membership unlimited battery has more meaning to be honest, because right now its a joke (u can make every upgrade a success, but make it more satisfied to level up stuff)... this related to the MP issue are the main problem for me right now... i feel like to KEEP players here to play, u need to make the player motivated to keep grinding to achieve stuff and, reaching level 100, having all weapons upgraded with 1 level, already clothes with upgrades... now what? whats the thing that keeps you playing? nostalgia? just nostalgia does not keep you for playing, u need something to achieve to be satisfied with your playtime... and right now after reaching level 100, u dont have that.

Back then the level up system was p2w mostly because of superglue, right now there is no superglue in MVR, and the only way to get battery from the shop is with MP so we all are on the same boat if we want to level up... by playing or use MP, but at this time they need to fix the MP issue ASAP

Edited by Onybaku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Onybaku said:

I get what u mean but at the same time the single level upgrade destroys the whole purpose of battery upgrade at this point... with a single level up u dont need that much energy that u gain from every match, u dont need the membership unlimited battery... if u split the upgrade from that singular level up, into 5.... like for example 1 singular level up gives you 200 power? good... make it that with 5 level up u get +40 each level so u get +200 power at +5 weapon... u get the same upgrade at the end, but by making this change u can actually make something more grindy... and at first it might not look like something important, but while playing u get some motivation to keep grinding, and by doing this at least the membership unlimited battery has more meaning to be honest, because right now its a joke (u can make every upgrade a success, but make it more satisfied to level up stuff)... this related to the MP issue are the main problem for me right now... i feel like to KEEP players here to play, u need to make the player motivated to keep grinding to achieve stuff and, reaching level 100, having all weapons upgraded with 1 level, already clothes with upgrades... now what? whats the thing that keeps you playing? nostalgia? just nostalgia does not keep you for playing, u need something to achieve to be satisfied with your playtime... and right now after reaching level 100, u dont have that.

Back then the level up system was p2w mostly because of superglue, right now there is no superglue in MVR, and the only way to get battery from the shop is with MP so we all are on the same boat if we want to level up... by playing or use MP, but at this time they need to fix the MP issue ASAP

Very well said!