General Discussion

Beta 2.0 has ended

Kratos

What do you guys think of the second closed beta? 
in my opinion they should just revert everything back to the way it used to be and just remove the pay to win aspect by making the rt stats the same as mp or the opposite and stop trying to balance the game their own way cuz clearly they're not good at it.

• Like 2

I think that weapon balance doesn't feel good in general. 

Character Stats - Please, make character's HP 1000, and add only small advantage to player's HP with parts (like 1200 at max). Plus remove bullet and explosive protection, there is no need for it.

Melle - The only weapon that feels ok to me. Might need small changes here and there.

Riffle - Overall pretty balanced, but I think weapons types should match to original MV firing rate.

Shotgun - Absolutely horrible. Even 3 hits close are not enough. Shotgun should play it's roll and be more powerful in close range. Also, accuarcy for shotgun should be lower as power grows.

Sniper - Overpowered. Somehow every player in this second closed beta became pro in sniping. I think it needs a nerf in reload speed and zoom speed for some type, and double zoom only for venom type.

MG - I used only Crank. I think it needs a small nerf in power. 

Bazooka - Only pocket rocked is ok. I think other types need a boost in firing rate and power. feels too slow.

Grande - Pulse needs to be pulse, and feel fast but not powerful. Over all grande is the most annoying and unuseful at gameplay. For players who like to use grande, gameplay felt very slow. too slow.

• Thanks 2

Here we go again. It's litterally people like

1 hour ago, Webb said:

I think that weapon balance doesn't feel good in general. 

Character Stats - Please, make character's HP 1000, and add only small advantage to player's HP with parts (like 1200 at max). Plus remove bullet and explosive protection, there is no need for it.

Melle - The only weapon that feels ok to me. Might need small changes here and there.

Riffle - Overall pretty balanced, but I think weapons types should match to original MV firing rate.

Shotgun - Absolutely horrible. Even 3 hits close are not enough. Shotgun should play it's roll and be more powerful in close range. Also, accuarcy for shotgun should be lower as power grows.

Sniper - Overpowered. Somehow every player in this second closed beta became pro in sniping. I think it needs a nerf in reload speed and zoom speed for some type, and double zoom only for venom type.

MG - I used only Crank. I think it needs a small nerf in power. 

Bazooka - Only pocket rocked is ok. I think other types need a boost in firing rate and power. feels too slow.

Grande - Pulse needs to be pulse, and feel fast but not powerful. Over all grande is the most annoying and unuseful at gameplay. For players who like to use grande, gameplay felt very slow. too slow.

Here we go again. It's suggestions like yours that do not make any sense and completely ruin the game once developers start listening to you. 

Make character hp 1000? really? You want to die when 5 bullets hit you in the body with a firing rate between 900/1100? Rediculous.

There was a reason explosion and bullet armor existed in MV surge. For example if a rifle bullet did 411 damage -10% would make it 370. At the end it would take 1 more bullet to kill you, or 1 sniper hit and 2 rifle bullets instead of 1.

That was good and added to balance. Because you were not protected from explosives you would die from only 2 rockets. Its the same vice versa if you had explosion armor then it would take less rifle bullets to kill you, but you could take 2 rockets with ease. (instead of dying) 

Run speed would make it for others harder to hit you. Aiming sniper/ rifle on someone with max speed is difficult and you had more chance to miss because of that. And you could move further quicker away from the blast radius centre from nades/ rockets.

Thats why extra HP, speed, bullet armor, explosion added to the variety and playstyle. You only think balance balance balance yet not realising it was balanced and good already. You could choose what to wear on certain maps to make the game experience more fun.

Right now most rocket lanchers do like 600 damage. Rifle about 200-300 per bullet. Its a joke

What you want to achieve with your make everything balanced and equal from the start is going to make a boring everything is the same in every game. Might aswell give everyone the one character (CHIP) and only use folding shovel, cricket, zolo, jam, microgun, stingray, hotdog.

Thats what you guys want with your balance obsession.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Meat said:

Here we go again. It's litterally people like

Here we go again. It's suggestions like yours that do not make any sense and completely ruin the game once developers start listening to you. 

Make character hp 1000? really? You want to die when 5 bullets hit you in the body with a firing rate between 900/1100? Rediculous.

There was a reason explosion and bullet armor existed in MV surge. For example if a rifle bullet did 411 damage -10% would make it 370. At the end it would take 1 more bullet to kill you, or 1 sniper hit and 2 rifle bullets instead of 1.

That was good and added to balance. Because you were not protected from explosives you would die from only 2 rockets. Its the same vice versa if you had explosion armor then it would take less rifle bullets to kill you, but you could take 2 rockets with ease. (instead of dying) 

Run speed would make it for others harder to hit you. Aiming sniper/ rifle on someone with max speed is difficult and you had more chance to miss because of that. And you could move further quicker away from the blast radius centre from nades/ rockets.

Thats why extra HP, speed, bullet armor, explosion added to the variety and playstyle. You only think balance balance balance yet not realising it was balanced and good already. You could choose what to wear on certain maps to make the game experience more fun.

Right now most rocket lanchers do like 600 damage. Rifle about 200-300 per bullet. Its a joke

What you want to achieve with your make everything balanced and equal from the start is going to make a boring everything is the same in every game. Might aswell give everyone the one character (CHIP) and only use folding shovel, cricket, zolo, jam, microgun, stingray, hotdog.

Thats what you guys want with your balance obsession.

Do you know that in the beggining of MV, characters had 1000 HP? Then why did you panic and assumed immediately that I did not mean to reduce weapon's damage aswell? (which I thought was obvious)

Edited by Webb
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Webb said:

Do you know that in the beggining of MV, characters had 1000 HP? Then why did you panic and assumed immediately that I did not mean to reduce weapon's damage aswell? (which I thought was obvious)

That means you have to reduce bullet and explosion armor aswell. Yes lets make unnecessairy extra steps. Thats something the developers arent doing enough already.

The game was perfect when they had 2000. Why change the old files of surge for nothing? When it's 1000 upgrades aren't as impactfull thus allowing less variety in stats. The stronger weapons usually didn't have much room for groth in power but the weaker ones usually have more.

Think steps ahead next time you reply.

• Like 1

You, my dudes, forget that the last version of MV has successfully died. The company, who just bought rights for the game, must be really high to bring back the balance of the dead version. 

Removing p2w aspect by making RT weapons stats the same as MP ones. Impossible for now. Why? Because then RT won't make any sense, and they won't have an income. It will be possible only if they implement a successful weapons skin system, like Valorant has, which is, at this stage of development, impossible.

Weapons are quite unbalanced? Yes, they are. And that's why there are closed betas in which you participate and write your feedback to them. As I said before in some thread already, this betas was focused, mainly, on testing and improving the stability of servers, bringing the EU server, and, TESTING the balance of the weapons. Bringing some improvements to the game balance in the new version is a good thing because then they can implement features like advanced weapons upgrades, MP based too, and create new content in a matter of character parts.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
17 minutes ago, Amperson said:

You, my dudes, forget that the last version of MV has successfully died. The company, who just bought rights for the game, must be really high to bring back the balance of the dead version. 

Removing p2w aspect by making RT weapons stats the same as MP ones. Impossible for now. Why? Because then RT won't make any sense, and they won't have an income. It will be possible only if they implement a successful weapons skin system, like Valorant has, which is, at this stage of development, impossible.

Weapons are quite unbalanced? Yes, they are. And that's why there are closed betas in which you participate and write your feedback to them. As I said before in some thread already, this betas was focused, mainly, on testing and improving the stability of servers, bringing the EU server, and, TESTING the balance of the weapons. Bringing some improvements to the game balance in the new version is a good thing because then they can implement features like advanced weapons upgrades, MP based too, and create new content in a matter of character parts.

rt and capsule weapons are a great way for earning profit, if you take a look at toyheroes they've been doing that for years and earning money like that while having the game balanced-ish, it's still the same old game but with a little bit of added touch to rifles and nerfs to other weapons. For me i'm willing to spend a lot of money on this game if they're willing to make it as fun as it's used to be. if they add new cool looking skins and the old ogs like the duke series and sea wasp, bonkers etc. they can earn a lot and then continue doing so. in the future they may add new effects to weapons or sounds after cashing out.

Edited by Kratos
1 hour ago, Amperson said:

Died cuz no one was updating it for more then one year atleast. There was no new events, skins, surprises. and NOT cuz the balance.

+ if you bought weapons in old mv you got OP stats and a skin.
Now you only gonna get new skin~ So its less worth it (?)  
And honestly the game is old with old textures. Its less likely to new players spend on the game cuz they gonna spend it on bigger games like lol or valorant orr r6 etc. where you got higher quality vfx,textures. Obv not everyone, old players still gonna buy a few skins, even me-

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kratos said:

rt and capsule weapons are a great way for earning profit, if you take a look at toyheroes they've been doing that for years and earning money like that while having the game balanced-ish, it's still the same old game but with a little bit of added touch to rifles and nerfs to other weapons. For me i'm willing to spend a lot of money on this game if they're willing to make it as fun as it's used to be. if they add new cool looking skins and the old ogs like the duke series and sea wasp, bonkers etc. they can earn a lot and then continue doing so. in the future they may add new effects to weapons or sounds after cashing out.

Yes i agree 

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

This community is going to be what brings the game to ruin I can already tell lol

Yeah

Random feedback 

16 hours ago, Kratos said:

ToyHeroes in is best day probably have 200 players playing. The game still runs by the same players over years, you wont see anyone new playing that. Maybe you see people going back to play for nostalgia, nothing mutch.

14 hours ago, Anesydora said:

Died cuz no one was updating it for more then one year atleast. There was no new events, skins, surprises. and NOT cuz the balance.

+ if you bought weapons in old mv you got OP stats and a skin.
Now you only gonna get new skin~ So its less worth it (?)  
And honestly the game is old with old textures. Its less likely to new players spend on the game cuz they gonna spend it on bigger games like lol or valorant orr r6 etc. where you got higher quality vfx,textures. Obv not everyone, old players still gonna buy a few skins, even me-

One year before that happend, every update was a update to sqeeze more money from the players. Always maps who looks the same, bugged chars, overpower powers and remastered weaponds, after that updates if you could not see the direction of the game...

I agree in that part, i see no point in buy a weapond that gives me no benefit, but at the same time if you see your favorite "skin" from years ago, you will buy it. 

Its more likely to new players to invest in a new game than old players that already invested and lose everything.

Is the current state good? No, still have room to progress.
Is the old state of the game good? No, it already closed for some reason.

• Like 1
On 11/29/2022 at 9:44 AM, Webb said:

Also we need only 5 characters: Naomi, Pandora, Kai, Knox and C.H.I.P.

Speak for yourself please i really like amalia and sophitia.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Braga11 said:

Is the current state good? No, still have room to progress.
Is the old state of the game good? No, it already closed for some reason.

The current state of the game is far from good and doesnt seem to be going in a good direction.
Surge had problems and people usually boil it down to p2w and overpowered items without much of an explanation. If you look back at speed sets that gave you 17% speed and remove the pay wall it suddently becomes far more resonable, same thing applies with rt weapons. I would argue that if you dont look at pricing and look through the lens of everything is free there werent many weapons that were overpowered. Zeus and hermes come to mind but thats honestly about it. We had annoying weapons, auto shotties were just that in dm but take a step back and think, they did shit for damage and had abysmal accuracy so most of the times you had more than enough time to kill them unless they were right up your ass. I still believe that they should give us surge back next beta and make changes on the fly that we could have a far more enjoyable time.

Edited by desafinado56
  • Like 3

Seeing ToyHeroes and MicroVolts Recharged Closed Beta 2 , i can see what goes wrong in ToyHeroes and what felt right in MVR, the lack of pay to win felt so refreshing.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

The current state of the game is far from good and doesnt seem to be going in a good direction.
Surge had problems and people usually boil it down to p2w and overpowered items without much of an explanation. If you look back at speed sets that gave you 17% speed and remove the pay wall it suddently becomes far more resonable, same thing applies with rt weapons. I would argue that if you dont look at pricing and look through the lens of everything is free there werent many weapons that were overpowered. Zeus and hermes come to mind but thats honestly about it. We had annoying weapons, auto shotties were just that in dm but take a step back and think, they did shit for damage and had abysmal accuracy so most of the times you had more than enough time to kill them unless they were right up your ass. I still believe that they should give us surge back next beta and make changes on the fly that we could have a far more enjoyable time.

I agree with that, the problem is - We know who to play the game and who to counter stuff. A new player dont know anything, its not a noob-friendly environment. They are trying to make a game that new players can enjoy and veterans can compete. They need to give new players ways to kill veterans, so this way its a less agressive environment.

Just to make it clear, for me we can go MVS, i just want to have at least 30~40% of the Pre-Surge player base.

15 hours ago, Meat said:

No it will be people like you in the comunity that have no sense of what a developable game is.

Cool?

Edited by Tanooki
3 hours ago, Meat said:

Finally making some sense dude. Glad to have you convinced you to join the dark side Desafinado. Now only Tanooki is left. Can't make promises though, because he/she is deeply brainwashed yet not having one.

Screw it, I'll bite.

You sound like a man child, if you had any common sense you'd see that I've already discussed the awful state of the game, even making large threads at some points. Preaching and whining about how SHUPER DWUPER BAD >n<!!!! it is doesn't make you the center of knowing all it's problems. We all know it's messed up, and continuously whining and groaning about it is literally just making you sound desperate and immature, especially when you're randomly willing to throw other users under the bus like this is some kindergarten playground where everyone has to join the cool kids club or else they're wrong. You're still butthurt cuz I thought that the current beta was a step in the right direction which I still think it is, and I already (for the 10000th time) know that the current balance is abyssmal. The devs are willing to listen, grow a pair and stop acting like a 15 year old. Nobody here is impressed, acting this way is literally what's going to destroy the community, learn how to be civil and stop trying to attack other users for having opinions, for fucks sake. I don't need to be giving this speech to you, I'm not your mother.

Grow up.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Screw it, I'll bite.

You sound like a man child, if you had any common sense you'd see that I've already discussed the awful state of the game, even making large threads at some points. Preaching and whining about how SHUPER DWUPER BAD >n<!!!! it is doesn't make you the center of knowing all it's problems. We all know it's messed up, and continuously whining and groaning about it is literally just making you sound desperate and immature, especially when you're randomly willing to throw other users under the bus like this is some kindergarten playground where everyone has to join the cool kids club or else they're wrong. You're still butthurt cuz I thought that the current beta was a step in the right direction which I still think it is, and I already (for the 10000th time) know that the current balance is abyssmal. The devs are willing to listen, grow a pair and stop acting like a 15 year old. Nobody here is impressed, acting this way is literally what's going to destroy the community, learn how to be civil and stop trying to attack other users for having opinions, for fucks sake. I don't need to be giving this speech to you, I'm not your mother.

Grow up.

You are the one attacking my in a ficious way. I am just using my rights of free speech. Yet if people stop comunicating people won't know what i am thinking. These are basic things i have learned in kindergarden. While clearly you have not.

"The devs are willing to listen" are you delusional? Who tf asked for this mess? If you think they are listening you mam are delusional to the core.

"stop trying to attack other users for having opinions" so hypocritical. That's just awful. You constantly use adhominem attacks against me. You're so obsessive.

• Confused 2
12 hours ago, Braga11 said:

I agree with that, the problem is - We know who to play the game and who to counter stuff. A new player dont know anything, its not a noob-friendly environment. They are trying to make a game that new players can enjoy and veterans can compete. They need to give new players ways to kill veterans, so this way its a less agressive environment.

Just to make it clear, for me we can go MVS, i just want to have at least 30~40% of the Pre-Surge player base.

That is why we need to have swapping in the tutorials and be supportive of new players. If we as a community grow less toxic and instead of calling people noob every time we die instead kept our mouths shut and better yet helped out newer people they would stick around. After all microvolts has a steep learning curve but nowhere close to tf2 and that game gets plenty of new players.

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Screw it, I'll bite.

Grow up.

Exactly. He has to learn to stop going after people because they have different opinions. Also should i give you another hug ? I feel like everyone after this beta needs a few.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Meat said:

You are the one attacking my in a ficious way.

You constantly use adhominem attacks against me. You're so obsessive.

17 hours ago, Meat said:

Glad to have you convinced you to join the dark side Desafinado. Now only Tanooki is left. Can't make promises though, because he/she is deeply brainwashed yet not having one.

On 11/30/2022 at 4:14 AM, Meat said:

No it will be people like you in the comunity that have no sense of what a developable game is.

On 11/24/2022 at 3:31 PM, Meat said:

If they actually listend they would just keep the game it used to be. That litterally what everyone is asking on this forum for exept some Tanooki and Desafinado56. 

I'm not saying anything else, that's all.

• Like 1