General Discussion

"Microvolts Rechaged"가 (슬프게도) 실패하는 이유

copium

So after all these years we've received 3 closed betas and no game yet
it seems like there's some hype about this game and its future
but i can almost certainly tell you this game has no future

Apparently it took them years to come up with a similar game with worse mechanics
everything looks almost the same which makes me wonder what took them so long to make and why is there hype if it took them so long to create this half baked version of MV

other than the server issues which were already been pointed out
and the fact that apparently 1920x1080 is the only resolution that works right now because lower res looks pixelated

They completely ruined the game experience

the rifle has the worst shooting mechanics i've ever experienced not only in MV but probably in any other shooter games i played to this day

the sniper animation lock when scoping is way too long for a fast paced game like MV

the shotgun is sort of "ok" with the exception of the reload time being ridiculously long

Have these developers ever seen how MV is played? do they even care?
it doesn't take much time to open up YouTube for hammy, situation and yuki videos to see how fast this game is
that is the core of this game
there were some slower, stronger options in MV but even they were better than what we currently have

I've played during the second closed beta and honestly, not only its not better, its worse which makes me wonder which kind of suggestions they took
in the second CBT u had some options, which were horrible anyways because they made u pick between "strong and slow" or "fast and incedingly weak"
the sniper rifle was a high risk play and still is because by the time its up you're probably gonna be dead already, if u didn't die you're gonna have some reload time so there comes your rifle which feels like an inaccurate, extremely slow fire rate weapon

"Why are you crying here?, its just CBT"
years of wait for a such horrible CBT is totally unacceptable, and what's worse is the fact that they made no positive changes to the game from CBT2 feedback which makes me wonder what's the point of this CBT3 even if it isn't for the changes the community wanted

"Eventually it'll be better"
No, it isn't going to be better sadly, as much as i want MV to come back alive as its one of my favorite games, this company simply wont make this game
years of wait for a broken CBT with countless issues and no positive changes from previous CBT's is just the beginning.
diving deeper into steam and checking reviews on their other games makes my theory clear, this game wont work out.

"DK Online", one of their game on steam received 41% positive reviews with 500+ reviewers which means almost 60% of reviewers think this game is not recommended
they mention how the game is just a cash grab where u need to pay money to actually get started with it in the first place and there is a monthly subscription for 50% exp boost stats, movement speed etc.

everything feels bad on MV because they'll add better weapons in capsule, and in order to play like a human being you'll be required to get those first.
everything seems "ok" for now but with them adding capsule in a CBT for cosmetics in unstable servers and no improvement from previous CBT i can assure you this game will turn into a cash grab sooner or later.

there's another game released in 2020 called "Air Wars" where once again only 44% of reviews are positive
there are reviews from
2022 that state the game isn't even qualified for an "early access title" (reminds me of MV with years of wait) and that things aren't even functioning right in terms of buttons, 2 years into the game and such issues still exist there.

This isn't what i hoped for, and u probably haven't either

• Like 11

Yeah i honestly expected a Brand New Experience like new like maps , bug fixes and much more content but it feels like they bought the licence because it was cheap and we decided to capitalize on it with "Minor changes" and made them feel big. Truly disappointed but i somewhat knew what to expect from MS

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, copium said:

So after all these years we've received 3 closed betas and no game yet
it seems like there's some hype about this game and its future
but i can almost certainly tell you this game has no future

Apparently it took them years to come up with a similar game with worse mechanics
everything looks almost the same which makes me wonder what took them so long to make and why is there hype if it took them so long to create this half baked version of MV

other than the server issues which were already been pointed out
and the fact that apparently 1920x1080 is the only resolution that works right now because lower res looks pixelated

They completely ruined the game experience

the rifle has the worst shooting mechanics i've ever experienced not only in MV but probably in any other shooter games i played to this day

the sniper animation lock when scoping is way too long for a fast paced game like MV

the shotgun is sort of "ok" with the exception of the reload time being ridiculously long

Have these developers ever seen how MV is played? do they even care?
it doesn't take much time to open up YouTube for hammy, situation and yuki videos to see how fast this game is
that is the core of this game
there were some slower, stronger options in MV but even they were better than what we currently have

I've played during the second closed beta and honestly, not only its not better, its worse which makes me wonder which kind of suggestions they took
in the second CBT u had some options, which were horrible anyways because they made u pick between "strong and slow" or "fast and incedingly weak"
the sniper rifle was a high risk play and still is because by the time its up you're probably gonna be dead already, if u didn't die you're gonna have some reload time so there comes your rifle which feels like an inaccurate, extremely slow fire rate weapon

"Why are you crying here?, its just CBT"
years of wait for a such horrible CBT is totally unacceptable, and what's worse is the fact that they made no positive changes to the game from CBT2 feedback which makes me wonder what's the point of this CBT3 even if it isn't for the changes the community wanted

"Eventually it'll be better"
No, it isn't going to be better sadly, as much as i want MV to come back alive as its one of my favorite games, this company simply wont make this game
years of wait for a broken CBT with countless issues and no positive changes from previous CBT's is just the beginning.
diving deeper into steam and checking reviews on their other games makes my theory clear, this game wont work out.

"DK Online", one of their game on steam received 41% positive reviews with 500+ reviewers which means almost 60% of reviewers think this game is not recommended
they mention how the game is just a cash grab where u need to pay money to actually get started with it in the first place and there is a monthly subscription for 50% exp boost stats, movement speed etc.

everything feels bad on MV because they'll add better weapons in capsule, and in order to play like a human being you'll be required to get those first.
everything seems "ok" for now but with them adding capsule in a CBT for cosmetics in unstable servers and no improvement from previous CBT i can assure you this game will turn into a cash grab sooner or later.

there's another game released in 2020 called "Air Wars" where once again only 44% of reviews are positive
there are reviews from
2022 that state the game isn't even qualified for an "early access title" (reminds me of MV with years of wait) and that things aren't even functioning right in terms of buttons, 2 years into the game and such issues still exist there.

This isn't what i hoped for, and u probably haven't either

Honestly, you are 100% right, I tried to control myself in the morning, but believe me, this 0.3 BETA is not good at all, and the fact that we waited 6 years for nothing makes things worse, I think now that the game is primitive and not even suitable for testing, because there is nothing to test in it

• Like 1

It's unfortunate but true, I know people may cope (trust me, I used to), but this beta is by far the worst one yet. And it's very clear where they're putting their investment (cashgrab capsule stuff). The first 2 betas made me think "ok so no capsule, maybe they wanna work on the game first" but nope, they've just been working on capsule and money making options over the gameplay first.  

"But the replay system", thats great, I appreciate it, but the game at it's core should come first before all of the extras. I'll still stick around and watch what happens, but my expectations are really low. They seem very adamant to shove capsule stuff in our face (probably cuz people asked) but won't work on gameplay (which people ALSO asked for balance).

• Like 2

After reading what other people said alongside having some minor play time because i keep getting disconnected is that this beta is getting received rather poorly which im not shocked in the slightest. After the long wait time between beta 2 and 3 returning testers probably thought there would be some pretty major changes and the new people that joined the test thought it would be similar to surge but no. Its still this odd mess of a game trying to erase everything that made it fun and unique. Ill be more active tomorrow as i hope i can actually log in for more than 2 minutes at a time to really get a feeling for the game but from what i saw it still has the same problems from previous betas, they seem to be trying to remove swapping instead of making it easier to pull off and have a tutorial that teaches this core mechanic which feels like valve taking acid and removing spray patterns from counter strike, sure it would make the game easier on the newbies but it would make the game lose its identity. Though im not going too hard on this since we dont have a roster of weapons to fuck around with. The more time passes the more i realize that the future of the game is not with this company since they are way too quiet and refuse to listen to us even when we are spoon feeding them the same shit for year after year, just give us surge for a beta while making changes on a weekly basis, the game could have been out by now if they had followed this. Instead they give us a shell of a former amazing game.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

After reading what other people said alongside having some minor play time because i keep getting disconnected is that this beta is getting received rather poorly which im not shocked in the slightest. After the long wait time between beta 2 and 3 returning testers probably thought there would be some pretty major changes and the new people that joined the test thought it would be similar to surge but no. Its still this odd mess of a game trying to erase everything that made it fun and unique. Ill be more active tomorrow as i hope i can actually log in for more than 2 minutes at a time to really get a feeling for the game but from what i saw it still has the same problems from previous betas, they seem to be trying to remove swapping instead of making it easier to pull off and have a tutorial that teaches this core mechanic which feels like valve taking acid and removing spray patterns from counter strike, sure it would make the game easier on the newbies but it would make the game lose its identity. Though im not going too hard on this since we dont have a roster of weapons to fuck around with. The more time passes the more i realize that the future of the game is not with this company since they are way too quiet and refuse to listen to us even when we are spoon feeding them the same shit for year after year, just give us surge for a beta while making changes on a weekly basis, the game could have been out by now if they had followed this. Instead they give us a shell of a former amazing game.

Im so heartbroken but you are so right, I expected so much since the last beta, instead they delivered a worse version than the last. Very heart aching

the rt being expensive screams the obvious: the only things they worked on since beta2 were these cosmetics they added to the capsule, in terms of the game itself not much has changed.

they use the reputation MV had to make some money on the side by capitalizing on cosmetics, only problem is: people don't buy cosmetics if the game is garbage. 

if p2w is what u seek, you'd buy the cosmetics to get started with the game.

however if there are no benefits for these cosmetics (our case at least for now), the prerequisite for them being purchased by the playerbase is that the playerbase would actually enjoy the game in the first place.

idk who enjoys a clunky rifle, slow anim locked sniper an infinitely reloading shotgun and lets not mention the grenade launcher

• Like 3
1 hour ago, copium said:

el hecho de que el rt sea caro grita lo obvio : las únicas cosas en las que trabajaron desde beta2 fueron estos cosméticos que agregaron a la cápsula, en términos del juego en sí, no ha cambiado mucho.

usan la reputación que MV tenía para ganar algo de dinero aprovechando los cosméticos, el único problema es: la gente no compra cosméticos si el juego es basura. 

si p2w es lo que buscas, comprarías los cosméticos para comenzar con el juego.

sin embargo, si no hay beneficios para estos cosméticos (nuestro caso al menos por ahora), el requisito previo para que los jugadores los compren es que la base de jugadores realmente disfrute el juego en primer lugar.

No sé quién disfruta de un rifle torpe, un francotirador bloqueado con anim lento, una escopeta que se recarga infinitamente y no mencionemos el lanzagranadas.

about the sniper, there is an option in settings, for the sensitivity of it and the rifle.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Rulackniel said:

about the sniper, there is an option in settings, for the sensitivity of it and the rifle.

sensitivity is not the issue 💩

I'm very disappointed as well, it's not looking good to say the least. I'm working on writing up a huge post of feedback and bugs I've encountered so far, and man it's depressing to see how large it has to be to get my point across.

They totally ignored the actual problems with the game and instead created new ones. I haven't had time to try the 3.0 Beta but the first beta was disappointing. I don't get why they spent time randomly changing weapon stats (and sfx??) instead of focusing on the real issues, like unbalanced weapons, rt being too op, etc. 

Even the new sets/weapons they created don't fit the game aesthetic and concept. Honestly that alone was enough for me to have low expectations.

Probably won't play the game if they don't fix everything they broke. Only thing I'm interested in is the replay system, that's the only good thing they did so far. Such a disappointment. 

• Like 1
  • MICROVOLTS changed the title to "Microvolts Rechaged"가 (슬프게도) 실패하는 이유

hahahahahahah

they just changed the title

this is ridiculous 

They are too busy looking to post titles, that they dont put any effort in to make the game better 

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

Saying heart broken makes me especially sad.
We feel so sorry for you that we couldn't make up to your expectations

Our MVR team members are reviewing all the feedbacks you gave us internally,
It's a shame that we couldn't show you the parts that weren't developed yet.

We are planning to start the official service as soon as we are ready after this CBT,
What we can promise you is that the official opening is just the beginning, and we will continue to improve on the shortcomings.
And we are looking at this service in the long run. 
If we overcome a lot of challenges, from small to big, one by one, many years or more, 
We'll be able to create a more complete service someday.
Our goal is to service a "Happy Microvolts" for all players, during in my lifetime.

I would like to express how delighted I am that I have been given the chance to bring Microvolts back to life. 
Our MVR team will make every effort to succeed.
We kindly ask for your continuous support, constructive feedback, and assistance.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Leo said:

We are planning to start the official service as soon as we are ready after this CBT,
What we can promise you is that the official opening is just the beginning, and we will continue to improve on the shortcomings.
If we overcome a lot of challenges, from small to big, one by one, many years or more, 
Our goal is to service a "Happy Microvolts" for all players, during in my lifetime.

I would like to express how delighted I am that I have been given the chance to bring Microvolts back to life. 
We kindly ask for your continuous support, constructive feedback, and assistance.

Can you guys revert to old microvolts surge stats and work from there? it's fine if a game has alittle bit of pay2win as long as the weapon differences arent drastic. it's what made weapons unique, and making them just skins doesnt feel as good as I thought it would.

8 hours ago, Leo said:

Hi Leo, thank you for this response. 

I would like to also thank you for the efforts made so far, because i am sure it's no easy work especially with a small team.
Although we've seen clear changes , and efforts being made , there is one thing that bothers me the most, wouldn't it be easier to take the game as it was it its final stages ( Microvolts Surge ) and revamp the stats of weapons and parts? balance it completely and release it for Beta testing to see the players feedback and release it with minimum parts/weapons ( skins ) and release the rest of them as part of events/series constantly? The OG players would have been so excited to get those classic parts and weapons back in events.

I think this would have been the best approach , and maybe an even easier one. 

The only thing that somehow justifies not taking this route is the fact that you guys want to have your own fingerprint on the games revival, which i understand , but in my opinion reviving it and balancing the Surge version would have been even more of an achievement...

11 hours ago, Leo said:

This nearly made me emotional to read, it's so nice to hear that the team cares as much about the game as the community does and that they are dedicated to bringing Microvolts to what it should have been all this time. Communication like this does so much good for the players and game as a whole, I appreciate it a lot.

Edited by Volt
  • Sad 1
13 minutes ago, Volt said:

This nearly made me emotional to read, it's so nice to hear that the team cares as much about the game as the community does and that they are dedicated to bringing Microvolts to what it should have been all this time. Communication like this does so much good for the players and game as a whole, I appreciate it a lot.

They need to communicate often, not every blue moon. I wouldn't fall for the PR speak if I were you. I know people may cope but I'd prefer to see action over words, considering they talk rarely and never deliver.

It's cool to be happy they're talking, but until things change I'm going to remain skeptical.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

They need to communicate often, not every blue moon. I wouldn't fall for the PR speak if I were you. I know people may cope but I'd prefer to see action over words, considering they talk rarely and never deliver.

It's cool to be happy they're talking, but until things change I'm going to remain skeptical.

I agree, it could all just be PR speak but at the same time there's lots of evidence and they've shown that they are capable of lots more even in previous beta phases. Seeing Leo admit that this beta had flaws is nice, but I'm waiting for the action to back it up. I know they are capable of so much, I'm just confused about their decision making for this beta because I can't imagine they got much useful info out of it rather than "the game is buggy and unbalanced", which was basically said for both previous phases.

• Like 2
On 7/26/2023 at 4:37 PM, Leo said:

Leo you are honestly a kind soul

• Like 1