General Discussion

TRASH / bring back old wep and balancing !!

NorMan

I'm spending 0$ in old MV 

My motivation to play was to get special weapons RT by capsule Coins, now you're spoiling the game by making everything seem equal and random

Bring back old MV 

And added more events to get coins to spend on capsule

This is getting boring man grow up. If you played MV as a kid, you're probably an adult now. Appreciate the opportunity of a piece of your childhood returning, we're very lucky that they decided to develop this game further.

• Like 8

The fact that we even have Microvolts making a return, AND someone who is willing to work/improve on the game is more than a gift to those who really like this game. I would just start there my friend...

Edited by SeijinNoboru
  • Like 5

If you want a game with 0 fairness and a *unique* p2w system i'm sure you can find alot of games out on the market right now.

Doesn't have to be MV

Also you stating you wont spend any money on the game is completely fine. thats why it says f2p friendly because  you wont have to 🙂 

Dont worry tho I'll be sure to buy most of the cosmetics just to show them to you while beating you with the basic weapon set ❤️ much love

Edited by .Yukister.
  • Like 3

Okay, then tell me how is the game supposed to stay alive and be profitable for Masangsoft without P2W? They didnt even have enough money to properly advertise the game.

2200 registered accounts in 2 months??🤣

Masangsoft needs to go P2W to stay alive with that project.

Cosmetics and updates is not the long time solution - change my mind.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
10 minutes ago, odyssee said:

Okay, then tell me how is the game supposed to stay alive and be profitable for Masangsoft without P2W? They didnt even have enough money to properly advertise the game.

What.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
10 minutes ago, odyssee said:

yeah true, advertisement for the game is horrendous.

honestly a miracle that a lot of people on this forum were able to find out that this was a thing.

we cannot really tell whether or not this will be a mistake (the cosmetic only stuff e.g), but it will definitely be a huge loss in profits - whoever denies that is just delusional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
11 minutes ago, odyssee said:

You know that's only for a closed beta right? When this game goes public on Steam it'll be far more widely available to many more people. I myself would buy any cosmetics I want, simply to support the game and simply because I think the cosmetics in Microvolts are quite good. Parts, sets, accessories, weapons, I don't care, I'll buy it all. And the stats? No I don't feel like it should be P2W, and I don't think it's necessary either. The majority of us were kids when we played this game, now we are adults with our own money to spend, I'm pretty sure they'll be alright. Especially because it seems like it isn't a very large team, and the servers aren't meant for a ridiculous capacity, the cost of developing and maintaining this game should be relatively cheap. If you really need an advantage for spending money because you can't play well enough without it, I'd maybe look into practicing or something instead, it's cheaper too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Micro said:

If you really need an advantage for spending money because you can't play well enough without it, I'd maybe look into practicing or something instead, it's cheaper too.

sounds to me like a toyheroes lobby named CSD ONLY!!!!

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, s8n said:

yeah true, advertisement for the game is horrendous.

honestly a miracle that a lot of people on this forum were able to find out that this was a thing.

we cannot really tell whether or not this will be a mistake (the cosmetic only stuff e.g), but it will definitely be a huge loss in profits - whoever denies that is just delusional.

It is also not a good way to entice new players to spend money on the game if they are constantly being blasted with overpowered weapons over and over again (from the shop that you have to buy). I think that balancing weapons will allow new players to not be frustrated (easily) and keep returning players somewhat satisfied. In my opinion, making it only pay to win with no balancing whatsoever is going to ruin the game (again). 

Edited by DangerousDovee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, DangerousDovee said:

It is also not a good way to entice new players to spend money on the game if they are constantly being blasted with overpowered weapons over and over again. I think that balancing weapons will allow new players to not be frustrated (easily) and keep returning players somewhat satisfied. In my opinion, making it only pay to win with no balancing whatsoever is going to ruin the game (again). 

ofc balancing plays a huge role in all of that.

my main point was, that the majority of the upcoming playerbase, or most likely even a lot of people that registered here already, won't be as supportive of the game with ''just cosmetics'' or ''just XY'' as for example Micro, or myself.

all i care about is that they make enough money to be able to produce good advertisements - especially in times of tiktok, streamers and what not..

idc how they do it personally, as long as all of this won't be dead and forgotten within the next 3-6 months again.

especially since f2p titles like these just aren't the same without a steady influx of new players, i'm not ready to face off against the same 5-10 people every day again.. it's just no fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, s8n said:

ofc balancing plays a huge role in all of that.

my main point was, that the majority of the upcoming playerbase, or most likely even a lot of people that registered here already, won't be as supportive of the game with ''just cosmetics'' or ''just XY'' as for example Micro, or myself.

all i care about is that they make enough money to be able to produce good advertisements - especially in times of tiktok, streamers and what not..

idc how they do it personally, as long as all of this won't be dead and forgotten within the next 3-6 months again.

especially since f2p titles like these just aren't the same without a steady influx of new players, i'm not ready to face off against the same 5-10 people every day again.. it's just no fun.

I'd just like to clarify that I am in support for it being entirely cosmetic. I myself will probably be streaming this game and there were people in the beta that were streaming it. I think in this day and age that advertising is so important, yet so easy, especially with TikTok's influence. I think this game would appeal quite well to new players, but P2W aspects are exactly what a "new player" would absolutely be turned away from. There's a reason literally any of the largest games right now have basically zero pay to win aspects. Fortnite, Apex, Overwatch, Valorant, literally all of the top games are highly against it.

Games being P2W nowadays are generally highly unsuccessful, I personally can't even name one that's still popular. It's an outdated (and predatory) monetization and development strategy that quite frankly was the largest issue that MV faced back in it's glory days, one of the biggest and most popular complaints that this game ever received back then.

• Like 1

This thread is a mess, as expected. My only real honest issue with the situation of the game is how amateurish the devs seem to be. No disrespect but I don't think they have the capacity, revenue, or community to revive this game. The fact that the forum members get to just poop all over the game and the devs don't seem to care about people tearing each other apart...kinda shows a lack of care and shows what they really want.

Profits.

I appreciate their "activity" but they only seem to respond to things that are more on the positive side and tend to ignore the hard negatives, not just with suggestions, but people beating each other up like the forums is a school playground. I'd be fine if they only responded to constructive criticism, but also deal with the negative aspects of the community as well. 

I know people will whiteknight for them saying their focus should be on rebalancing the game and focusing on it instead of managing the forums / community, but how are you going to have a game for a community that's already severely divided and at each others throats. When there's no updates, the community is dead. And when we hear news, it's always arguing because of how discreet the devs become for quite honestly no real reason. It doesn't help people are creating and spamming discord servers which further divides the community (literally stop doing this, I know you guys want to be "the big super popular uniter" but there are others with the same mentality and just using it to profit off of MV's popularity to gain some discord clout).

I've just been watching from the sidelines now, not being as active here, and this place is already becoming abit of a wasteland for hate speech towards the game, advertising (shame on the devs for allowing this without understanding why it's bad), and poor communication. It's very heart breaking to see people behaving the way they are. We have the whiteknights who will blindly be loyal without questioning the practices of the devs, the haters who just exist to spite the game, and the ones like me who want the game to survive but are disappointed in what we're seeing.

Yes, betas, early access, sugar coat it however you like, this is already a horrible unprofessional mess. The game, and the community, are already just falling apart. Sure, we can say that in full release this game will be mega active, but the reality is that we're already witnessing decline in interest, patience, and just disappointment in general. If the devs want to be community driven and be apart of us they need to interact with us, make threads, talk with us, point out the bad, the good, respond to alot more, or just get someone who will. We can't just suck up to them because they respond to some posts once a month. As is, we don't feel like the devs are our "friends", we feel like they're just some robot higher ups who respond every now and then for quality control. They don't feel like they care about us, they're actively avoiding the community and feels like the few of us who are active here like spiffy, desa, micro, seawasp, me, swindle (etc) do a much better job trying to cover their ass more than they care to do. We've tried to pardon and give them reasons to behave how they have, I won't speak on behalf of these other members, but for me things have slowed down a l o t.

Things need to change, we can't have the first beta part 2, then official service just being like the beta part 3 (people are hype -> game is underwhelming -> community dies out again -> only complaining -> game dies out again -> devs take the money and run)

TLDR

If you guys reply to this post, know that I'm not on any side, I'm on the fence. I want the game to live but I'm torn between what I've seen here, the lack of anything for a month, and the "crowd control" posts the devs make while ignoring everything else going on. It's a mess and I'm worried.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The devs don't really owe us anything other than development of the game, they aren't our friends, they're a company with a job to do. It was the same with Rock Hippo and NQGames. We were just fortunate enough they wanted to interact with us on a more ''equal'' level (RH more than NQ but I digress). I believe the devs are just trying to be careful, so let them be. 

I'm alright with some items being behind a paywall, clothing, guns, etc. Not everything HAS to be free, but not everything HAS to be p2w.  I think they're mostly focused on balance because that was the biggest complaint before the game shut down. That's totally understandable because MV was a game that tried to cater to all forms of players.. (Casual, Competitive, Meme-y, etc) and it did stray from that in the end. I agree though the timing is taking a bit longer than it needs to be. There could be things we don't know though. 

The biggest issue with how this game plans to thrive again isn't the betas, or even the community since we've long since grown up and moved onto other titles. Its the marketing to bring in a new community. If they don't market this game it will not last even a year as the profits will be too low to maintain its servers or even fund new content. That's where NQ went wrong when they held the title, and in turn pumped out so much RT content they thought would make up the loss but we all saw how that ended. Even now the betas aren't even being marketed, I actually didn't know this version was finally being updated until a few friends I knew from surge told me. Community isn't dead its just dormant if anything.

We can complain, shit on this game and give our feedback all we want. The devs can listen to every word we say and still fail because the only people they've managed to draw back in are those who remembered the game by chance and respectfully we were a horrible community back then with the complaining. The MV we knew died 9(+) years ago. Let them do their work.

• Confused 1

Advertising take so much money. And we know that they don't really have money even to hire more developers.
They changed the release date so many times, and the game still looking the same (?) 
I feel something is just offffff..

Also just an ideaaa.... maybeeee we can trade on steam skins/weapons?  (like cs:go) however i didnt played that game so dont really know how that works- 🥴

I would love microvolts to have a skin marketplace that would be so cool. I also agree with you on the money but it has been 4 years and they should have dose something a bit better then adding a few small features. What about a graphics update maps new gun modules reload animations movement updates ect.  

• Like 1

I mean, ToyHereos was always around. If you REALLY like the way the old MV works, just play ToyHereos.  If MasangSoft really cared they would put ToyHereos down already (They can still can do that in the MV Recharged release, undoubtedly) luckily for you, it's still there, play it then.

Furthermore, P2W doesn't work in modern society, everybody is done with this system and — if there is somewhere that is P2W — it's probably powered by kids/childish mind who doesn't known how to manage their money or use their parents' money. 

You can argue that P2W does keep the game alive, it may be true, but that's just straight player wealth abuse because it's literally forcing players to spend their money (or unbelievably amounts of grind time) to be "good" in the game. What about get better in the game purely by playing the game and learning about it? Like, in a normal game?

An equal system it's fair for everybody because it's fully based on player experience with the game, and not with god weapons or armor stats you got with liquid money. This system, accompanied by a good matchmaking team pairing, it's a recipe of a good, fun and fair experience for everyone. If you lose, it's your team fault.

• Thanks 1