General Discussion

Explosives must be nerfed!

Synaxe

Hi, I'm going to share some personal suggestions to make the game more balanced and fun. It would also bring players back, no doubt.
ย 

Let's start with the Type A grenade launcher.
The gameplay is no fun at all with this overpowered grenade launcher. Won't say "if" more likely WHEN you get hit by this grenade (since the blast radius will hit you 10 meters from the grenade) you're down to half HP. It needs a nerf as fast as possible.
The damage and blast radius are ridiculously broken. It shouldn't do as much damage as it does, nor have the blast radius it got.
Also, the amount of damage the grenade does from a distance is also pretty broken. It doesn't matter how far away you are from the explosion, it will do the same amount of damage anyway. MUST BE FIXED!
ย 

Second, Bazooka type C. I haven't tried the other types of the bazooka yet, just C. The damage is too much, one bullet and your HP is almost half.

The gameplay is really boring and unplayable, for the upcoming tournament that is released. I would suggest a balance remake of these weapons before hosting a tournament, especially when it's 5v5 tournaments. Otherwise, it will come down to who can spam the explosives the fastest.

I appreciate you reviving the game, just trying to help along the way๐Ÿ˜ƒ

/Experienced competitive player

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I don't think the tournament is for basic users to participate. Because shooting each other is already very uncomfortable, you can't defeat them in one go, you have to shoot continuously and accurately.

If your optinion about explosives is that they are broken right now it means that you are either a new player to the game or just don't rly get the gameplay, if so many players are comfortable shooting and using explosives as they are it means the gameplay works well. Not trying to be mean, the game is hard to play especially when competing with very good OG players, so if it frustrates you, your best option is to change the game mode you play or wait for others that are yet to be added, or practice till you get it right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
2 hours ago, Sorel said:

If your optinion about explosives is that they are broken right now it means that you are either a new player to the game or just don't rly get the gameplay, if so many players are comfortable shooting and using explosives as they are it means the gameplay works well. Not trying to be mean, the game is hard to play especially when competing with very good OG players, so if it frustrates you, your best option is to change the game mode you play or wait for others that are yet to be added, or practice till you get it right.

You're just wrong tho

• Like 1
9 hours ago, QN_Khai said:

I don't think the tournament is for basic users to participate. Because shooting each other is already very uncomfortable, you can't defeat them in one go, you have to shoot continuously and accurately.

ย 

3 hours ago, Sorel said:

Haha you gave me a good laugh, let's be honest now. You don't have enough experience with the game to talk about this topic so I suggest you both to stop it.

I started playing Microvolts in 2011 until it shut down, I have been playing tournaments in ToyHeroes aswell. So don't come out of nowhere and say I'm not an OG or experienced.

So what we basically have now in Microvolts: Recharged is, Hermes and Zeus from Microvolts Surge, but stronger. Which is the reason of the game dying.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Synaxe said:

ย 

Haha you gave me a good laugh, let's be honest now. You don't have enough experience with the game to talk about this topic so I suggest you both to stop it.

I started playing Microvolts in 2011 until it shut down, I have been playing tournaments in ToyHeroes aswell. So don't come out of nowhere and say I'm not an OG or experienced.

So what we basically have now in Microvolts: Recharged is, Hermes and Zeus from Microvolts Surge, but stronger. Which is the reason of the game dying.

Yeah playing since 2011, but never actually been good in your case i would say. To compare bazooka C and nade A to hermes and zeus is the most rediculous thing i have ever read on this forum.

2 measely bullets which require you to aim with great accuracy AND swap double jump. They both have a low firing rate and require you to swap.

It's not our fault you can't know when to use them effectively in battle. I bet you are the type who camps with sniper in one spot all game long.

ย 

If anything bazooka and grenades need a buff. They feel a little underpowered and the bullet speed is lacking.

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Meat said:

Yeah playing since 2011, but never actually been good in your case i would say. To compare bazooka C and nade A to hermes and zeus is the most rediculous thing i have ever read on this forum.

2 measely bullets which require you to aim with great accuracy AND swap double jump. They both have a low firing rate and require you to swap.

It's not our fault you can't know when to use them effectively in battle. I bet you are the type who camps with sniper in one spot all game long.

ย 

If anything bazooka and grenades need a buff. They feel a little underpowered and the bullet speed is lacking.

This must be the most delusional thing I've read in a long time.ย 
ย 

"2 measely bullets which require you to aim with great accuracy"
ย 

I don't know if we are playing the same game, but the fact that you are saying this seems like you aren't.ย 
Also, he only mentioned that the damage needs a Nerf which is true. Right now the damage is ridiculously high and it shouldn't be. The bazooka is meant for clearing positions, making enemies have to move, pushing them to follow up with a snipe, etc and not making their HP go to half in just 1 good hit.ย 
ย 

"To compare bazooka C and nade A to hermes and zeus is the most rediculous thing i have ever read on this forum."
ย 

He is just comparing them to the damage and radius those two had which they do have even more buffed, to the maximum. ย 
ย  ย ย 

"If anything bazooka and grenades need a buff. They feel a little underpowered and the bullet speed is lacking."ย 
ย 

You said something before about seeing the most ridiculous thing on this forum but what you say here tops it.ย 
It shows that you haven't played any "competitive" gameplay aka elimination 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 vs decent players. You are in no position to comment on this if you say this "If anything bazooka and grenades need a buff"
Nades and Zooka aren't meant to be the "main damage" like they are right now.ย 
ย 

At least for Grenade A type, it needs blast radius nerf and a bit of damage nerf
Also, Bazooka C type needs a damage nerf
ย 

You can't argue against that and if you do then you're clearly lacking in using rifle, shotgun and sniper since you need your explosives to deal all the damage for you. The explosives are meant to set you up to deal damage with the other weapons, not completely kill an opponent. ย 

ย  ย 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, Gxbz said:

This must be the most delusional thing I've read in a long time.ย 
ย 

"2 measely bullets which require you to aim with great accuracy"
ย 

I don't know if we are playing the same game, but the fact that you are saying this seems like you aren't.ย 
Also, he only mentioned that the damage needs a Nerf which is true. Right now the damage is ridiculously high and it shouldn't be. The bazooka is meant for clearing positions, making enemies have to move, pushing them to follow up with a snipe, etc and not making their HP go to half in just 1 good hit.ย 
ย 

"To compare bazooka C and nade A to hermes and zeus is the most rediculous thing i have ever read on this forum."
ย 

He is just comparing them to the damage and radius those two had which they do have even more buffed, to the maximum. ย 
ย  ย ย 

"If anything bazooka and grenades need a buff. They feel a little underpowered and the bullet speed is lacking."ย 
ย 

You said something before about seeing the most ridiculous thing on this forum but what you say here tops it.ย 
It shows that you haven't played any "competitive" gameplay aka elimination 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 vs decent players. You are in no position to comment on this if you say this "If anything bazooka and grenades need a buff"
Nades and Zooka aren't meant to be the "main damage" like they are right now.ย 
ย 

At least for Grenade A type, it needs blast radius nerf and a bit of damage nerf
Also, Bazooka C type needs a damage nerf
ย 

You can't argue against that and if you do then you're clearly lacking in using rifle, shotgun and sniper since you need your explosives to deal all the damage for you. The explosives are meant to set you up to deal damage with the other weapons, not completely kill an opponent. ย 

ย  ย 

They have 2 freaking bullets wdym?! You cant spam 3 in a row and get a kill. You still have to use other weapons to get a kill. And ofc i play elim. And i dont even use nade and zooka because sniper/ rifle/ sg are the main weapons. You clearly have no sense of this game to understand that actually using explosives is a disadvantage. I am not even joking atm. It's literally less skillfull to snipe and use rifle/ sg. You probaply are always getting spammed at because you dont know how to properly position yourself and play savely. If you want this so called problem fixed you need to opt for a base dmg buff for rifle and less dmg fall off to make things balanced again. Why should i rifle from mid/far range if i can use rockets/ nades to spash dmg first? Doesn't make sense to get out rifle and hope i do 150 dmg per bullet. Now if the dmg were to be buffed now there is reason to actually use it in more situations.

6 minutes ago, Meat said:

They have 2 freaking bullets wdym?! You cant spam 3 in a row and get a kill. You still have to use other weapons to get a kill. And ofc i play elim. And i dont even use nade and zooka because sniper/ rifle/ sg are the main weapons. You clearly have no sense of this game to understand that actually using explosives is a disadvantage. I am not even joking atm. It's literally less skillfull to snipe and use rifle/ sg. You probaply are always getting spammed at because you dont know how to properly position yourself and play savely. If you want this so called problem fixed you need to opt for a base dmg buff for rifle and less dmg fall off to make things balanced again. Why should i rifle from mid/far range if i can use rockets/ nades to spash dmg first? Doesn't make sense to get out rifle and hope i do 150 dmg per bullet. Now if the dmg were to be buffed now there is reason to actually use it in more situations.

You're a lost cause buddy

ย 

There's no point in arguing with you since you're delusional

38 minutes ago, Gxbz said:

You're a lost cause buddy

ย 

There's no point in arguing with you since you're delusional

Yes im glad you decide to run away from a intelectual debate. Only proves my point when you MV "OG" players cry about too powerfull this too powerfull that you dont have the skill (both ingame and debating) to back anything up.

ย 

Agreed.
Whenever there's imbalance people will get forced to use the "broken" or most powerful weapons more often than they'd perhaps like to be able to compete, otherwise they'll die much quicker even though the same amount of actions were taken 1 won verses the other because of the weapon choice. Or the damage taken from explosives spam (especially in smaller maps) is way too much and leaves too little HP left to work with to do anything else other than leaving spawn. People who enjoy playing with weapons that mostly require aiming such as rifle/sniper mostly, are probably not having fun because the explosives are much more powerful. There's probably more points to make on that but it kinda should be obvious. So why should they be that powerful when they can absolutely be less powerful and still be useful, as we experienced in the past in different versions of the game? Just like how it isn't fun in another version of the game where the rifle is the most powerful, someone who enjoys using explosives won't have a chance against that and therefore won't have fun.ย People with years of experience tried weapons with different balances and probably know what's best so I agree that the explosives need a nerf.

In the end the game should be fun for everyone and since we have 7 weapons to choose from a balance should be made so that each person can choose what weapon to specialize in rather than have to go with what's most powerful.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Meat said:

Yes im glad you decide to run away from a intelectual debate. Only proves my point when you MV "OG" players cry about too powerfull this too powerfull that you dont have the skill (both ingame and debating) to back anything up.

ย 

If you so sure "I don't have the skill" come and i'll prove how wrong and delusional you areย 

I think the current preference for grenades right now usually leans towards specific gameplay elements:

1 - How much blast radius the grenade has. The more blast radius, the easier it is to cover ground, control corridors, hit common spots and so on.ย 

2 - The amount of damage a grenade has. This one kind of speaks for itself. If you do not deal a lot of damage with a weapon, it's easier to stray away for another.

3 - How fast you can shoot. If can't use your grenades quickly, grenade usage becomes a lot less flexible. At a glance, you'd think a bad firing rate would make a weapon bad, but since equip speed is a thing, players who know how to swap bridge that gap.

4 - The time it takes for a grenade to explode after it touches a surface. Back in the day, grenades like thunder took longer to explode, which gave time to players to react, and gave variety to grenade usage.

ย 

Also thereย  are some niche extra elements, like reload speed for example, making grenade downtime interval longer or ammo capacity.

ย 

now, why does grenade A feel so oppressive in comparison to other grenades (and even other explosives)?

Let's rate it on the scale:

1 - It can reach up toย 600ย blast radius. The next best grenade can reach up to 480. Needless to say, 600 blast radius is VERY strong, and can cover so much ground that in some maps it's very difficult to manuever, let alone leave your base, without taking damage. (Rumpus room is a good example, and in coordinated play, or high level play, it's a nightmare)

2 - Grenade A's power sits at 1000, which at first, doesn't sound bad. An instictual estimate would be that, that damage number would be the maximum amount of damage you could take from a grenade. However, that is not the case. The closer your are to the grenade's explosion, the more damage you take, and that EXCEEDS the power stated on the weapon. That means, that you can take up even 1600 damage, from one grenade. Now, imagine two.

3 - I explained before how the bridge is gapped with its low firing rate. The intention is to have it shoot slowly. Swapping nulifies that completely.

4 - Grenade A's explosion time is fairly quick, though I have not run comparisons with all other grenades.

ย 

Grenade A's actual drawbacks are as follows:

1 - 500 reload speed, which all grenades share. Meaning it has downtime windows that can be exploited.

2 - Ammo capacity. You can shoot up to 2 grenades (without outer manipulations such as taking ammo or having a friend shoot grenades with you). In total you can shoot from 4 to 8 grenades in total (again, without taking ammo or considering other players..).

ย 

As it stands right now, the up sides are so strong, that the downsides do not matter at all. Other grenades share the first downside, so in direct comparison it literally doesn't matter. So all that is left is ammo capacity. Which, in my opinion, is a good drawback, just not enough to make the weapon be in the same level as the others.

ย 

So... What would I offer to change? (not all changes at once, but at least some of these elements need to be looked at)

ย 

* Blast radius is the first thing I can think of. I believe that at most , no weapon should exceed 500 blast radius.ย 

* Damage - why not make it weaker? It already covers a lot of ground, and I doubt changing the damage formula is an easier task. Making its power lower by 100 or even 200 power would stil make this grenade a strong option, but not so overwhelming.

*Explosion time - this could make or break the weapon. Very rarely have we seen, in high level play especially, old grenades that took long time to explode. The main usage for grenades is to poke, behind corners or during downtimes of weapons. Long explosion time could remove certain elements of gameplay away, but it CERTAINLY could be a direction to take with this weapon.

*Firing rate: This one can make or break a weapon as well by itself. What needs to be adjusted isn't the firing rate stat, but the hidden stat of this grenade's equip speed.

ย 

Of course you could offer other changes, such as having ammo capacity of 1 in mag. Or even making this grenades reload speed longer (making it take longer to time to reload). Please feel free to debate this. I tried to be as extensive as I could, and tried to think of all the gameplay elements possible, but I am just a man, and I am sure some people could think of more, so feel free to add to it.ย 

ย 

Edited by Degraded
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, Synaxe said:

Hi, I'm going to share some personal suggestions to make the game more balanced and fun. It would also bring players back, no doubt.
ย 

Let's start with the Type A grenade launcher.
The gameplay is no fun at all with this overpowered grenade launcher. Won't say "if" more likely WHEN you get hit by this grenade (since the blast radius will hit you 10 meters from the grenade) you're down to half HP. It needs a nerf as fast as possible.
The damage and blast radius are ridiculously broken. It shouldn't do as much damage as it does, nor have the blast radius it got.
Also, the amount of damage the grenade does from a distance is also pretty broken. It doesn't matter how far away you are from the explosion, it will do the same amount of damage anyway. MUST BE FIXED!
ย 

Second, Bazooka type C. I haven't tried the other types of the bazooka yet, just C. The damage is too much, one bullet and your HP is almost half.

The gameplay is really boring and unplayable, for the upcoming tournament that is released. I would suggest a balance remake of these weapons before hosting a tournament, especially when it's 5v5 tournaments. Otherwise, it will come down to who can spam the explosives the fastest.

I appreciate you reviving the game, just trying to help along the way๐Ÿ˜ƒ

/Experienced competitive player

spacer.png

Nice try pulling this off, but sadly their main priority is to add new random languages where none even asked for it

6 hours ago, Meat said:

Also shut yo b#%@ aย  up boy. You only do is camp, spam and then type "ez" everygame you get carried by pure randoms. You have no idea what did you just type here.

Why do I say you have no idea sir? The whole quote just makes no sense. Bullets determine how the player really plays the game. If you think 2 explosives is all about this game, then I think you ate Herpes and Zeus McCombo Pack daily for 7 straight years and can't play with them if they get gutted out bad. There are tons of good players who don't need spams and have insane talent on aiming bullets, where it's all about. Spammables are only "utillities" but the company (as small as it is), they've made it basically, too unskillful. Also there is a nice compliment right here about "positioning". Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, damn. If I will tell you in details what positioning means right now in this meta, you will regret typing this as a quote you've did. Positioning in here almost doesn't matter, because whenever you position perfectly or poorly, A type grenades do not allow you to play at all.

3 hours ago, Degraded said:

I think the current preference for grenades right now usually leans towards specific gameplay elements:

1 - How much blast radius the grenade has. The more blast radius, the easier it is to cover ground, control corridors, hit common spots and so on.ย 

2 - The amount of damage a grenade has. This one kind of speaks for itself. If you do not deal a lot of damage with a weapon, it's easier to stray away for another.

3 - How fast you can shoot. If can't use your grenades quickly, grenade usage becomes a lot less flexible. At a glance, you'd think a bad firing rate would make a weapon bad, but since equip speed is a thing, players who know how to swap bridge that gap.

4 - The time it takes for a grenade to explode after it touches a surface. Back in the day, grenades like thunder took longer to explode, which gave time to players to react, and gave variety to grenade usage.

ย 

Also thereย  are some niche extra elements, like reload speed for example, making grenade downtime interval longer or ammo capacity.

ย 

now, why does grenade A feel so oppressive in comparison to other grenades (and even other explosives)?

Let's rate it on the scale:

1 - It can reach up toย 600ย blast radius. The next best grenade can reach up to 480. Needless to say, 600 blast radius is VERY strong, and can cover so much ground that in some maps it's very difficult to manuever, let alone leave your base, without taking damage. (Rumpus room is a good example, and in coordinated play, or high level play, it's a nightmare)

2 - Grenade A's power sits at 1000, which at first, doesn't sound bad. An instictual estimate would be that, that damage number would be the maximum amount of damage you could take from a grenade. However, that is not the case. The closer your are to the grenade's explosion, the more damage you take, and that EXCEEDS the power stated on the weapon. That means, that you can take up even 1600 damage, from one grenade. Now, imagine two.

3 - I explained before how the bridge is gapped with its low firing rate. The intention is to have it shoot slowly. Swapping nulifies that completely.

4 - Grenade A's explosion time is fairly quick, though I have not run comparisons with all other grenades.

ย 

Grenade A's actual drawbacks are as follows:

1 - 500 reload speed, which all grenades share. Meaning it has downtime windows that can be exploited.

2 - Ammo capacity. You can shoot up to 2 grenades (without outer manipulations such as taking ammo or having a friend shoot grenades with you). In total you can shoot from 4 to 8 grenades in total (again, without taking ammo or considering other players..).

ย 

As it stands right now, the up sides are so strong, that the downsides do not matter at all. Other grenades share the first downside, so in direct comparison it literally doesn't matter. So all that is left is ammo capacity. Which, in my opinion, is a good drawback, just not enough to make the weapon be in the same level as the others.

ย 

So... What would I offer to change? (not all changes at once, but at least some of these elements need to be looked at)

ย 

* Blast radius is the first thing I can think of. I believe that at most , no weapon should exceed 500 blast radius.ย 

* Damage - why not make it weaker? It already covers a lot of ground, and I doubt changing the damage formula is an easier task. Making its power lower by 100 or even 200 power would stil make this grenade a strong option, but not so overwhelming.

*Explosion time - this could make or break the weapon. Very rarely have we seen, in high level play especially, old grenades that took long time to explode. The main usage for grenades is to poke, behind corners or during downtimes of weapons. Long explosion time could remove certain elements of gameplay away, but it CERTAINLY could be a direction to take with this weapon.

*Firing rate: This one can make or break a weapon as well by itself. What needs to be adjusted isn't the firing rate stat, but the hidden stat of this grenade's equip speed.

ย 

Of course you could offer other changes, such as having ammo capacity of 1 in mag. Or even making this grenades reload speed longer (making it take longer to time to reload). Please feel free to debate this. I tried to be as extensive as I could, and tried to think of all the gameplay elements possible, but I am just a man, and I am sure some people could think of more, so feel free to add to it.ย 

ย 

ย 

This is a really well thought out response regarding the topic.

I agree on the blast radius, bringing it down to 500 would help, and then probably also slightly reducing damage.

Most of the things you mentioned could also be applied to the bazooka.

ย 

I would also take into consideration the knockback amount, sometimes it feels to intese. Having it as an actual stats that changes for each weapon type would help balancing the "drawbacks", since firing rate becomes irrelevant when swapping.

ย 

However we need to be careful, because at the moment rockets and granates are also the only way we have to fish out campers.

I've mentioned it already in the post I've wrote about run speed melee and set synergy (/index.php?/topic/2033-run-speed-melee-and-set-synergy/), having a buff on both the melee's run speed and even the +% speed given by a set would be a good way create more dynamic matches. It would help in this case as well, with good reaction times you could get out of the way of a granate easier and fast targets are harder to aim with these type of projectiles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 4:59 PM, Meat said:

They have 2 freaking bullets wdym?!ย 

When 1 bazooka bullet (type C) can deal up to 1300 damage per bullet, "They have 2 freaking bullets wdym?!" either shows youre unable to use explosives well, or youre simply blind as to how OP they truly are.ย 

• Thanks 1
On 10/28/2023 at 8:58 AM, Sorel said:

lmao.ย 

On 10/28/2023 at 5:31 PM, Meat said:

ย 

Bro what on earth are you talking about ??? lmao, ive seen people already asking for buffs for them or even more ammo, just.. what the heck. NO, seriously

From this statement all i see is someone dying to spamm over and over again

ย 

The nades have insane blast radius already, they deal up to 1600dmg, what do you even mean by sayingย  "ย They have 2 freaking bullets wdym?!ย You cant spam 3 in a row and get a kill " you literally die from those 2 bullets .....

Also the rockets are dumb as well, everyone plays with the same loadout and you die from 2 nades or get insanely low hp from 2 rockets and thats it. how is that balanced? im really wondering if you know what you are talking about buddy, the spamm should not be a thing in the game, yes we should use explosives but not like that

ย 

The discrepancy between the loadout everyone uses and the others ones is insane, one is too op and the others are completely trash. Good balancing from the devs , what can i say... also this marvellous idea of Type A B C weapons turned out to be completely dog doo doo .. they could have just left them as they were and balance it out ..