General Discussion

Why does people hate Kai?

Zissy

Hello!

Why do people be hating on him? Give me a valid reason other than "hes just a knox rip-off" no he isn't, his voice lines are rushed and the devs did him dirty.

I wanna know why people don't like Kai, players on toywars love him (hes infact the 3rd most popular figure used on toywars)

Is there something you can't tolerate about him? Hes basically just naomi but genderbend so there isn't really a big difference.

Please no more kai slander..i love kai hes one of my favorites..

Thats all, have a great day! (.⁠ ⁠.̫ ⁠)

IMG_20230529_224809.jpg

Ehh, well the only reason i don't like Yamato/Kai/Ares, whatever you wanna call him, is his voice. Its pretty darn annoying.

CHIP's voice was supposed to be annoying, the key difference being that there's so much more character put in his voice.

Thats why the four figures we started with with the original microvolts are so memorable to me. Excellent voice actors who gave the characters a ton of... well.. character!

Hell, Pandora and Naomi are played by the same voice actor, if my memory is correct!

Kai's voice actor did the job, but the voice just doesnt strike me as a memorable one.

A shame, really.

Edited by Spiffy
43 minutes ago, BioWarz said:

Kai's design is a bit too similar to Naomi's schoolgirl aesthetic; even if you were to justify Kai to be a Male Naomi, it doesn't fit well with the aestuethic diversity of the original cast and doesn't allow Kai to become his own special, fleshed out character. His voice, in my opinion, is a bit lackluster in general uniqueness if you were to compare his voice acting to a lot of other MMOs: it feels bland. The other characters I never really cared for either as they felt really uninspired and uninteresting, as if they were just replicated from a separate game

Well if they wanted to keep the whole unique character thing going, they could have made his office outfit or artist/painter outfit his basic set.

But nah, im fine with the fella being another student.

If the dude was wearing exactly what Naomi was wearing, (thank god he doesnt) i'd definitely say 'boring and lazy'

He has enough parts and sets to change that up and even his basic set that he has now is fine. its just the voice that slightly bugs me.

Kai would actually be my third favorite figure if I had to rank them, he feels like one of the original figures, because I guess he kinda is? He'd existed for so long in other MV versions, and was released later for MVS, but now he feels like he's been here the entire time. I never really realized that his voice acting was sub-par, I actually kinda like it, it fits him well, but maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

3 hours ago, Zissy said:

Is there something you can't tolerate about him?

I believe it's not played with much as Knox for the same reason. Both characters have wicked sets and parts that are only accessible through RT purchases or rare capsule drops. Selecting a different character to play with was an optimal solution for few players.

On the contrary, CHIP has a few decent parts that can be purchased from the shop using in-game currency.

Edited by 007

Hes pretty much male Naomi, nothing wrong with it i honestly like that idea but the thing is his personality, he always seemed like a bit of an ass to me alongside feeling like a discount knox considering he uses a lot of his animations and voice lines but the difference being the way Knox says it feels like a nice person being a bit cheeky while Kai just feels like an asshat. Thats one of the reasons that made me not want to use Kai, the other bigger one was that Chip just exists.

Edited by desafinado56
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Zissy said:

Hello!

Why do people be hating on him? Give me a valid reason other than "hes just a knox rip-off" no he isn't, his voice lines are rushed and the devs did him dirty.

I wanna know why people don't like Kai, players on toywars love him (hes infact the 3rd most popular figure used on toywars)

Is there something you can't tolerate about him? Hes basically just naomi but genderbend so there isn't really a big difference.

Please no more kai slander..i love kai hes one of my favorites..

Thats all, have a great day! (.⁠ ⁠.̫ ⁠)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6ACzMOl.png

Mfw (my face when) the microvolts recharged admin gives a beta key (I already three skidded cheat engine tables, one wpe pro from UC and 5 hours to kill before I have to change my VPN).

Edited by Wolf
7 hours ago, Spiffy said:

Ehh, well the only reason i don't like Yamato/Kai/Ares, whatever you wanna call him, is his voice. Its pretty darn annoying.

CHIP's voice was supposed to be annoying, the key difference being that there's so much more character put in his voice.

Thats why the four figures we started with with the original microvolts are so memorable to me. Excellent voice actors who gave the characters a ton of... well.. character!

Hell, Pandora and Naomi are played by the same voice actor, if my memory is correct!

Kai's voice actor did the job, but the voice just doesnt strike me as a memorable one.

A shame, really.

I agree in this actually, kai is amazing in ToyWars but literally he sucks in MVS (My opinion)

They really need to hire new voice actor for him

I got a feeling he was just rushed because they were pushing to release surge, since kai is the most awaited character...i think they didn't give any time of day or effort since originally, Kai is actually from Toywars and not MVS.

21 minutes ago, Wolf said:

Mfw (my face when) the microvolts recharged admin gives a beta key (I already three skidded cheat engine tables, one wpe pro from UC and 5 hours to kill before I have to change my VPN).

Sounds like what axion might do

• Like 1
On 5/30/2023 at 4:27 AM, desafinado56 said:

Hes pretty much male Naomi, nothing wrong with it i honestly like that idea but the thing is his personality, he always seemed like a bit of an ass to me alongside feeling like a discount knox considering he uses a lot of his animations and voice lines but the difference being the way Knox says it feels like a nice person being a bit cheeky while Kai just feels like an asshat. Thats one of the reasons that made me not want to use Kai, the other bigger one was that Chip just exists.

Kai acting like a jerk and a douchebag? EVEN BETTER ~🤭

28 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

YAS QUEEN SLAY

THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD BE 'SLAYING' RIGHT NOW ARE THOSE TRACKERS OUTSIDE!

NOW GO SCRAP THOSE METALHEADS, SOLDIER!

Screenshot_17.png.c4affc777e14a0dccfb5864dc694e9db.png

Edited by Spiffy
  • Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

We have re-recorded the voice lines for Kai and $harkill Khan, and they will be applied in the official release. We hope everyone will like them.
Additionally, there was a bug with Kai's pose, where it was set as a female Figure pose. This will also be fixed.

Thank you for your interest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Leo said:

Hello,

We have re-recorded the voice lines for Kai and $harkill Khan, and they will be applied in the official release. We hope everyone will like them.
Additionally, there was a bug with Kai's pose, where it was set as a female Figure pose. This will also be fixed.

Cool! I hope that you gave Kai brand new lines. My biggest problem with Kai is that he used Knox's lines.

4 hours ago, Leo said:

Hello,

And this is why i love you Leo

8 hours ago, Leo said:

Hello,

interesting can't wait to see the changes

8 hours ago, Leo said:

Hello,

IM A WORLD FAMOUS RAPPER

11 hours ago, Leo said:

Hello,

This is awesome, I wouldn't be against other figures as well getting new lines, Sophitia/Amelia maybe. Very cool to hear, I was unsure that would ever change.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 7/26/2023 at 11:37 AM, Leo said:

Hello,

LOL the one time they reply is because of KAI's voice lines, yes ofc that's the biggest problem with the game RN. These devs man.

• Davi locked this topic