General Discussion

Don't stray away from what made the original game so nostalgic.

crystalmeth

Seeing the concept art for some of the potential new sets makes me honestly worried. It kinda shows a disconnect between the game and the new developers. What makes the art style of mv so good is because it's based on japanese anime, but these new sets seem inspired by (or even plagiarized from...) other totally unrelated games. This just worries me, it makes me worried that they don't understand what makes microvolts what it is. 

The game isn't supposed to be futuristic or modern, so why stray so far away from the original art style? I'm hoping the concept arts are just some rough sketches from a myriad of ideas, because this doesn't fit the game aesthetic at all. Hopefully it's just the first thing they found and just decided to share it for hype, that's what I'm hoping, cause otherwise it doesn't seem promising.

Assuming these are professionals, I hope it's just a lack of good personal taste, cause there are plenty of normal players that can make and have already made sets better than this. Just my two cents...

To be Fair not every skin available on MicroVolts has the same ''style''

You said that it is based on japanese anime, but to be fair there is tons  of skins that to me does not speak ''japanese anime'' at all.

i think that you are overthinking too much about it... there are skins almost for every type of style, u even said that the game isn't supposed to be futuristic or modern, but there are skins like that...

Futuristic skins, there are at the game, the Noami and the Pandora ones, way way more futuristic, they even  made futuristic weapon...

If we talk about modern skins, well there are skins  for example seems like they got inspiration from like Paris Fashion week or some shit lol...

Edited by Onybaku

The fact that they are toys gives a lot of freedom to create different styles. Chip, Knox, Pandora, Naomi, etc. They are all very different and only Naomi and Pandora have the Japanese style you mention. I like that the creators play with the style as much as they want and so there are toys for all tastes.

I thought the concept art they showed was quite fitting. Microvolts has always had a large variaty of sets, ranging from dresses to goal keepers to trash being held together by spit and hope to ninjas to angels, etc.