General Discussion

I think the game is really unfun

healvamp

The balancing really sucks, it feels awful to only be able to do damage with snipers, they should just revert back to 1k hp, the game was at its peak then anyway.

• Confused 1

Yes the game is very unfun. Less people play the beta 2.0. Seems like some people already lost hope. I don't blame them.

• Thanks 1

Im not alone when saying that if they were to give us surge back it would have been better. If you factor in simply the stats of the weapons with no pay walls the game was fairly well balanced, excluding certain god weapons of course.

15 hours ago, Meat said:

Yes the game is very unfun. Less people play the beta 2.0. Seems like some people already lost hope. I don't blame them.

100% agree with your comments.

3 hours ago, Amperson said:

It's just closed beta tests guys. chill. That's what is it made for, to find out what can be fixed, and what can be done better.

Yes its beta. Everything can be changed.
But the fact that so many glitch spot and bug is still on the game. What about those? why dont they fixed them already?
The only thing its changed and i like it is the vfx sounds when you hit something with melee. 

I never had an issue or even rage cuz someone using RT weapons against me. Obv i used them too and i was loving it. But still some CSD player was sooo soo much better then mee and i was using all the op stuff, and they still managed to be a very good players. 
It was easyer to get RT stuff in microvolts then other games. Maybe yeah u didnt get the op expensive capsule ones, but there was still other options that were OP and easy to get.

I was not playing in the first beta, so i watched some videos and honestly nothing changed (?) I was not the best sniper player back then and it was fine, but right now if you can't use them u are pretty much dead all the time.
The HP gives me nervessss. It soo hard to kill someone (for me atleast)
Also the weapons are slow af. having hard time to swap, you need some time to get used to it but still its much harder.

There are my opinions rn, not against the game or someone.

6 hours ago, Anesydora said:

But the fact that so many glitch spot and bug is still on the game. What about those? why dont they fixed them already?
The only thing its changed and i like it is the vfx sounds when you hit something with melee. 

I never had an issue or even rage cuz someone using RT weapons against me. Obv i used them too and i was loving it. But still some CSD player was sooo soo much better then mee and i was using all the op stuff, and they still managed to be a very good players. 
It was easyer to get RT stuff in microvolts then other games. Maybe yeah u didnt get the op expensive capsule ones, but there was still other options that were OP and easy to get.

I was not playing in the first beta, so i watched some videos and honestly nothing changed (?) I was not the best sniper player back then and it was fine, but right now if you can't use them u are pretty much dead all the time.
Also the weapons are slow af. having hard time to swap, you need some time to get used to it but still its much harder.

I am almost sure that the first two betas were made to, first of all, test servers. As you remember, the 1st one didn't have the Europe server, but now it does. I think it's the first thing now they focus on, to stabilize servers and test it. I think there will be a minimum of one more beta to work on stuff that we gather from those two betas, like bugs, balance, etc. And, at least they try to listen, cuz at first beta weapons were way too overpowered, but now it's way too weak, which, I'm sure, will be fixed. And let's not forget, this company isn't Riot Games or something, don't expect them to be top-tier game dev, especially for a game like mv, which will have a community no more than 500-1000 players.

58 minutes ago, Amperson said:

I am almost sure that the first two betas were made to, first of all, test servers. As you remember, the 1st one didn't have the Europe server, but now it does. I think it's the first thing now they focus on, to stabilize servers and test it. I think there will be a minimum of one more beta to work on stuff that we gather from those two betas, like bugs, balance, etc. And, at least they try to listen, cuz at first beta weapons were way too overpowered, but now it's way too weak, which, I'm sure, will be fixed. And let's not forget, this company isn't Riot Games or something, don't expect them to be top-tier game dev, especially for a game like mv, which will have a community no more than 500-1000 players.

No thats false. The beta's aren't "just" for testing servers. They had years to fix the basic bugs/ glitches They didn't. Or am i supposed to believe they fixed them but in the beta they decided to keep them. 

Developer: Guys these bugs we already fixed them, they are just temporarily added in the beta. 

If they actually listend they would just keep the game it used to be. That litterally what everyone is asking on this forum for exept some Tanooki and Desafinado56. 

Edit: I saw a clip where someone with 314 hp didn't die of 2 rifle bullets and rocket launchers did 200 dmg. Now you tell me this game will be fun. 

Edited by Meat
  • Confused 2

Okay. Let me introduce you these changes, since I heard tons and tons of players complaining about the changes and 85% overall are clueless about what's the meta exactly. So, I explain real quick the changes and what is the meta right now in this beta.

Stats:

-Speed and tank both got nerfed, especially speed, due to it's way to get into a place in under 2 seconds (as full speed). Tank wasn't that necessarily, because it was easily gutted by either the broken shotguns or either by spammings. Now, with this beta phase, it's practically the same, but now weapons got changed.

Weapons:

-A lot of weapons got changed to get some testing and tryouts, before they throw up another form with loads of feedbacks. 

Melees

-Melees are fine at this point, either power or speed one, the range one got a big nerf hammer ,which it 's no longer a thing.

-When using the power melee, make sure you have speed, otherwise you might die without even right-clicking once.

Rifles

-They got a lot of changes, power, accuracy, ammo cap and also they have a new feature, distance impact (or falloff damage based on distance).

-With this distance impact, rifles aren't exactly how was in the very back of the game. They're meant to use on short to mid-range fights in order to do the most of it. Long range it is pretty bad... If you want to try to fight long range with a rifle, such as Sherlock where it is super super weak on long range. 
-Generally, I think the damage falloff is set to around 66-70% on long distances (Sherlock does a minimum of 60 damage/hit, which is not okay).

-Sherlock is good for close to mid-range distances (only if you hit heads).

-Pepper is good for mid-range, pretty bad on close range if against a good Sherlock user.

-And do not try the Hornet, it is bad.

Shotguns

-Generally speaking, they got hard nerfed. they removed 4 pellets (from 10-6) making it extremely hard to do a lot of damage/oneshot.

-So my only option to say here is Bombard since 3 bullets are fine to get a kill, but you need to aim on head a lot (400+dmg per pellet).

-Rest of them are irrelevant, ESPECIALLY THE KW-79 and the Driver is hard to control it's aimpunch.

Snipers

-These got tons of changes with this beta phase. First being the 1st zoom distance reduced, which I have no idea why people are struggling with it. It is decent on mid range. Maybe I just use 1024x728 res and it makes me easiler, but that's everyone's perspective.

-Secondly, the snipers are dealing a lot of damage right now , which it makes tanking irrelevant.

-Sea eagle I think is one of the best snipers right now. It does enough damage (you can even kill full tank, i'm not kidding), it's fast on zoom and reload, all good.

-Venom is alrighty, high damage, but one flaw: it's pretty slow (zoom and reload)

-The 3 bullet one (I don't know the name), just don't use it, it's horrible.

Mgs (optional)

-Firefly... Firefly, nothing else.

Spammies (Bazooka + Grenades)

-Even with the changes, they are still strong in general. With their knockback(it's PRETTY HIGH) you can easily followup combos and execute players. They just don't 2 tap you/overkill direct shots anymore.

-My only relevant options are Pocket and Pulse since these 2 spammies are strong, with their damage and blast radius.

-You can choose Exile if you want, but I say Pulse is way way better.

What's the really meta?
-Speed is still dominating as in the previous beta, it got a bit weaker, but still, it's a fine choice to go full speed.

-Make sure you hit a lot of rifle bullets or otherwise you can't kill, and only use them long-range to finish them (if you got snipe hits)

-Shotguns are relatively bad, you just gotta hit everytime or you won't match up close-range.

-Sniper is the most important weapon right now, if you miss, you have a high chance to die. Use 1st zoom on normal distances (and try to use that scoped sens setting, it kinda helped me a bit), 2nd if base to base (large maps).

-Be careful how much you spam with explosives, you are super limited with ammo nowadays.

And that's pretty much it. Hope you got cleared about the changes. 🙂

1 hour ago, Meat said:

No thats false. The beta's aren't "just" for testing servers. They had years to fix the basic bugs/ glitches They didn't. Or am i supposed to believe they fixed them but in the beta they decided to keep them. 

Developer: Guys these bugs we already fixed them, they are just temporarily added in the beta. 

If they actually listend they would just keep the game it used to be. That litterally what everyone is asking on this forum for exept some Tanooki and Desafinado56. 

Edit: I saw a clip where someone with 314 hp didn't die of 2 rifle bullets and rocket launchers did 200 dmg. Now you tell me this game will be fun. 

???????

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

???????

Im clueless as well. Been saying since the first beta to just give us surge again since its better than this and then go from there, changing things to make people happy.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, Anesydora said:

It's very likely that they aren't aware of the many map glitches and bugs. I'll personally do my best to help them get fixed when the time comes, I need to understand their knowledge of map making and editing the maps first though. I don't think they've attempted to fix any of them so far, but if it turns out that they know how to edit maps, then they are almost all very easily fixable.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, Meat said:

I think you dont understand the meaning of 'close beta' & 'open beta' and about them having the game since 2017(i think) they had 2 years getting help from NQ games to get accommodated with the game, in these last 3 years they had the game and to do something. I know this isnt an excuse but they are a small team and the budget isnt high for them but just stop it. About them having the bugs fixed its most probably and old client with the old maps

1 hour ago, Sapphire said:

I think you dont understand the meaning of 'close beta' & 'open beta' and about them having the game since 2017(i think) they had 2 years getting help from NQ games to get accommodated with the game, in these last 3 years they had the game and to do something. I know this isnt an excuse but they are a small team and the budget isnt high for them but just stop it. About them having the bugs fixed its most probably and old client with the old maps

Doesn't make any sense

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

i have been lucky to get a key to try to the game finally but i really dont understand what is going on with weapons 

How is potato prime is weaker than mimic the same goes for rifles and snipers and basically anything the rarity isn't a thing anymore ?

and for shotguns i forgot how they feel but i don't recall them being that weak 

Also i felt the game is heavy i don't know how to explain it but things aren't smooth 

I'm not complaining I will be playing it for old times sake but things are a little uncomfortable

On 11/26/2022 at 1:04 AM, Volt said:

It's very likely that they aren't aware of the many map glitches and bugs. I'll personally do my best to help them get fixed when the time comes, I need to understand their knowledge of map making and editing the maps first though. I don't think they've attempted to fix any of them so far, but if it turns out that they know how to edit maps, then they are almost all very easily fixable.

no~ this is CANT be true. 
Pleaassee dont tell me that a company who owns games dont know how to edit models and maps. 
Also what about leo he knows the game prettttty well and im pretty sure he knows the glitches too.

im not against you tho~
Its just ~W E I R D~

9 hours ago, Anesydora said:

Pleaassee dont tell me that a company who owns games dont know how to edit models and maps

There's a chance that this might be a sad reality.

• Sad 1
On 11/28/2022 at 12:06 PM, Anesydora said:

no~ this is CANT be true. 
Pleaassee dont tell me that a company who owns games dont know how to edit models and maps. 
Also what about leo he knows the game prettttty well and im pretty sure he knows the glitches too.

im not against you tho~
Its just ~W E I R D~

Well I can't say for sure if they know how to fix them or not, it definitely is a skill they can learn, as people have done it in the past. People have made their own maps in this game, if you can do that, you can fix glitches. Don't stress about it.

• Like 1