General Discussion

What information are the developers looking for during Beta 2?

Volt

So far all we know is that the game won't include monetization during the second beta phase, though if that's the case, I'm worried that the capsule may not get the testing it may need. I'd say to open up a test capsule for MP/coins so people can mess with it and give feedback. I'm a little confused on what this beta will include, simply because we haven't been told anything about it. Has weapon balance changed? What about parts/sets? Are we introducing more game modes with this beta? That'd be something important to test out, especially because beta 1 was missing quite a lot of them.

I'm very much looking forward to the second beta phase, I'd love to hear more about what it will include and what it's purpose is.

• Like 5

reworked stats to see collect user feedback again since its most common thing that would always need a rework to maintain stability.

maybe anticheat testing to see how well it handles concurrent connections.

rest of game modes.

from what i've noticed while reversing the changes they plan a new effects system for weapons/parts which is interesting if they manage to optimize the fps drops from too many objects/effects.

15 minutes ago, sw1ndle said:

they plan a new effects system for weapons/parts

Finally. The godly Feast on a Fork. Can't wait to smack people with a sausage that has 500 lightning bolts coming out of it!

• Haha 2
33 minutes ago, Spiffy said:

Finally. The godly Feast on a Fork. Can't wait to smack people with a sausage that has 500 lightning bolts coming out of it!

idk tbh, one of their new fields in item's structure looks like ii_add_effect_max_hair which makes me think that they plan probably to add cosmetics that would allow players to either add/remove effects from specific parts which might be a decent ideea.

1 hour ago, Micro said:

I'm a little confused on what this beta will include, simply because we haven't been told anything about it. Has weapon balance changed? What about parts/sets? Are we introducing more game modes with this beta? That'd be something important to test out, especially because beta 1 was missing quite a lot of them.

Hi, Micro!

PD Leo will be posting about it when beta 2.0 is about to begin. We'd like to share details and objectives for our upcoming beta as soon as possible, but we are afraid that the things mentioned in the announcement may change because some are still under discussion or not yet complete. 

But yeah, it will be mainly about weapons and parts/sets balance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
12 hours ago, GM Levi said:

Hi, Micro!

PD Leo will be posting about it when beta 2.0 is about to begin. We'd like to share details and objectives for our upcoming beta as soon as possible, but we are afraid that the things mentioned in the announcement may change because some are still under discussion or not yet complete. 

Can you please add eu servers if possible?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, GM Levi said:

Hi, Micro!

That is nice but would it be possible to share what was already changed ? Maybe some feedback from the community before this second beta starts could make it a bit smoother than the first.

16 hours ago, GM Levi said:

Hi, Micro!

Awesome, that's great to hear. I appreciate the communication, I can't wait to see what you guys have planned out. I did realize something though, if it's not too late I would HIGHLY recommend allowing public testing of the capsule. In the past there had been a few issues with it, such as the capsule not actually dropping out of the machine (missing visual prize). A simple placeholder capsule would do, no unique items necessary, just toss in some shop parts/weapons to make sure it all works on a larger scale than what can be tested internally.

9 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

That is nice but would it be possible to share what was already changed ? Maybe some feedback from the community before this second beta starts could make it a bit smoother than the first.

Agreed, but I doubt you can tell whether you like them or not before you try them for yourself. 😅 Let's wait a bit more!

7 hours ago, Micro said:

Awesome, that's great to hear. I appreciate the communication, I can't wait to see what you guys have planned out. I did realize something though, if it's not too late I would HIGHLY recommend allowing public testing of the capsule. In the past there had been a few issues with it, such as the capsule not actually dropping out of the machine (missing visual prize). A simple placeholder capsule would do, no unique items necessary, just toss in some shop parts/weapons to make sure it all works on a larger scale than what can be tested internally.

Oh, the capsule machines worked fine when we tested them. But okay, we are going to take that into consideration! Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, GM Levi said:

Oh, the capsule machines worked fine when we tested them. But okay, we are going to take that into consideration! Thanks for letting us know.

Speaking of the capsule system, is it going to be the same, cost-wise, for a single spin as the previous version? (990 RT for a single spin)

2 hours ago, Spiffy said:

Speaking of the capsule system, is it going to be the same, cost-wise, for a single spin as the previous version? (990 RT for a single spin)

from what i've noticed they plan to have different economy similar to latin version used to have.

using some basic math if back then on mv 10,000 rt used to cost $9.99, 1spin for default capsule costed 990 rt, and now from the looks of it seems you will be able to get 1200 rt with $9.99 most likely the price per spin would be aproximatively 119 rt, but again this might change any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, sw1ndle said:

from what i've noticed they plan to have different economy similar to latin version used to have.

using some basic math if back then on mv 10,000 rt used to cost $9.99, 1spin for default capsule costed 990 rt, and now from the looks of it seems you will be able to get 1200 rt with $9.99 most likely the price per spin would be aproximatively 119 rt, but again this might change any time.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing!

On 11/2/2022 at 10:33 AM, GM Levi said:

Hi, Micro!

Could you please add EU server? Most of the players are from EU...

How about all of the MAPS  in this beta ?  Do you fix them or some of them?  The previous beta looked terribly with all the ROACHES on the maps, not even close to be officially released without even looking and fixing them. 

1 hour ago, KTSE said:

The previous beta looked terribly with all the ROACHES on the maps

I have a spray for that, if you wanna borrow it.

im actually really glad they make a 2nd closed beta so we can see how they approached our feedback, but i hope it will be the final one.

I think all the data can be gathered from this one , because the first offered A LOT of feedback here, and some posts very spot on with exactly what we need and want.

But lets be real, there is no way everyone will be satisfied, because thats how things work. But all i want is a good balance system for weapons and parts, and the most important thing, stabillity.

This should be enough to conclude the closed betas and release the game this year.

Edited by khalo0od
  • Like 4
On 11/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, The Emperor said:

ok i hope i get the beta access this time i need to feel this game again im getting old 

sameee

On 11/2/2022 at 8:44 AM, Micro said:

So far all we know is that the game won't include monetization during the second beta phase, though if that's the case, I'm worried that the capsule may not get the testing it may need. I'd say to open up a test capsule for MP/coins so people can mess with it and give feedback. I'm a little confused on what this beta will include, simply because we haven't been told anything about it. Has weapon balance changed? What about parts/sets? Are we introducing more game modes with this beta? That'd be something important to test out, especially because beta 1 was missing quite a lot of them.

I'm very much looking forward to the second beta phase, I'd love to hear more about what it will include and what it's purpose is.

The capsule machine probably doesn't need testing unless they make changes to it or want to see how people feel about the luck % but i doubt it.

4 hours ago, formula said:

The capsule machine probably doesn't need testing unless they make changes to it or want to see how people feel about the luck % but i doubt it.

It did have a couple bugs with it, testing it on a large scale rather than just internal testing with just a couple people would be ideal. Especially because I'm sure some things have changed since 2016's code, I wouldn't be surprised if new bugs arise. The luck % is definitely another reason why it could use testing too, though as in old MV, capsules had different win-rates, so I'm not sure if that's something Masangsoft would be interested in.