General Discussion

People need to chill, please

TipicoDev

MV players have always been so incomprehensible. Come on.

The game have been released for years. Still we have tons of bugs, inconsistences and things to adjust. NQ Games sold the game because they wanted to move to mobile gaming. That's it. It's not like Masang was ready to starting working on it, adding insane features or revamping the entire game as soon as they bought it.

You were wrong to expect new updates on a closed beta. Maybe they do have new updates ready to release, but it's not necessary for a closed beta. Right now it's time for Masang to test the game, have a better understanding on how the servers and internal tools handles a good amount of players, and gather feedback on a stable version of the game.

Yes, stable version. I've seen every twitch stream so far and all I saw were people being able to play. There isn't any major issue on the game right now, even tho the game is so old and it's being run by new devs. It's not like they just need to run a .exe and the server is up with everything you wanted back and even new stuff. Working on a new game takes time, resources and a lot of testing. They also need to adjust their way of making content to fit MV.

For all the beta testers so far, please do your best on reporting any bugs you find. There are some old bugs/glitches that were reported to NQ Games many years ago and never got fixed. It's finally time to be heard and help developing a solid game. They key here is to have the basics well done.

Honestly Masang did a pretty good job on this closed beta and I'm looking forward for a new key drop. If you only wanted to play because of new stuff, few free to come back in a year or so, and enjoy watching youtube videos until then.

Also, @microvolts/leo, could you please DM me on forums or contact me using my account's email? I really wanted to talk about some promising stuff. Thanks.

Edited by Tipico
  • Like 8

I dont think anyone was expecting big updates.

The problem is that the main problems of old microvolts are still here. Bazokas and Nades are still OP.

The hp/speed system is very messy and not explained well. If everyone has the same HP why make it 2320? Why not simply remove all the boosts and make it the standard hp/speed.

Plus other really silly changes, kw went from 3/6 to 2/4 magazine. Same for Pound while Rocket Pocket is now 3/6. Plus the firing rate of shotguns is absolutely insane, makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, koof said:

I dont think anyone was expecting big updates.

The problem is that the main problems of old microvolts are still here. Bazokas and Nades are still OP.

The hp/speed system is very messy and not explained well. If everyone has the same HP why make it 2320? Why not simply remove all the boosts and make it the standard hp/speed.

Plus other really silly changes, kw went from 3/6 to 2/4 magazine. Same for Pound while Rocket Pocket is now 3/6. Plus the firing rate of shotguns is absolutely insane, makes no sense.

That’s exactly what kind of feedback we need, thank you! Unfortunately I’ve seen way too many people saying “5 years for no updates, wtf”.

If it’s not there already, could you please post it on the CBT feedback forum, so devs can properly take a look on it? I’m not a fan of the kw changes as well.

4 hours ago, Tipico said:

The game have been released for years. Still we have tons of bugs, inconsistences and things to adjust. NQ Games sold the game because they wanted to move to mobile gaming. That's it. It's not like Masang was ready to starting working on it, adding insane features or revamping the entire game as soon as they bought it.

You were wrong to expect new updates on a closed beta. Maybe they do have new updates ready to release, but it's not necessary for a closed beta. Right now it's time for Masang to test the game, have a better understanding on how the servers and internal tools handles a good amount of players, and gather feedback on a stable version of the game.

Yes, stable version. I've seen every twitch stream so far and all I saw were people being able to play. There isn't any major issue on the game right now, even tho the game is so old and it's being run by new devs. It's not like they just need to run a .exe and the server is up with everything you wanted back and even new stuff. Working on a new game takes time, resources and a lot of testing. They also need to adjust their way of making content to fit MV.

For all the beta testers so far, please do your best on reporting any bugs you find. There are some old bugs/glitches that were reported to NQ Games many years ago and never got fixed. It's finally time to be heard and help developing a solid game. They key here is to have the basics well done.

Honestly Masang did a pretty good job on this closed beta and I'm looking forward for a new key drop. If you only wanted to play because of new stuff, few free to come back in a year or so, and enjoy watching youtube videos until then.

Also, @microvolts/leo, could you please DM me on forums or contact me using my account's email? I really wanted to talk about some promising stuff. Thanks.

Facts! THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!

We can basically just ignore those people because they are probably kids or they have no clue about developing or whatsoever

The only thing i expect for now its a stable game, and solving the BASIC problems, like the KW magazine and the blast radius and stuff,thats it, we need the game to be completely PLAYABLE, no lag, no unbalacing. 
The updates will come for sure later. step by step.

The unforunate thing is, there probably are a lot of people like the ones you described that have keys and they do not report any bugs whatsoever , they only expect the game to be ready now and full of new content

• Like 3
1 hour ago, khalo0od said:

Facts! THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS!

We can basically just ignore those people because they are probably kids or they have no clue about developing or whatsoever

The only thing i expect for now its a stable game, and solving the BASIC problems, like the KW magazine and the blast radius and stuff,thats it, we need the game to be completely PLAYABLE, no lag, no unbalacing. 
The updates will come for sure later. step by step.

The unforunate thing is, there probably are a lot of people like the ones you described that have keys and they do not report any bugs whatsoever , they only expect the game to be ready now and full of new content

I've already encountered people who kept talking bad about the beta, instead of suggesting things.

Why join a BETA if you just complain how bad the game is?...don't get some ppl.

• Like 3
On 8/30/2022 at 6:34 PM, Tipico said:

Thanks for your comments.

I guess you are acknowledged well about the process in the gaming business. As you've mentioned, we do have experience in publishing/releasing several game titles so far but for Microvolts, we started off from zero bases. And now we are trying hard to comprehend the system and the game itself better. Hopefully, we could reach a bit closer to the polished online service throughout the KPI and your feedback during this beta. 

I would like to say that I am so happy that I have the opportunity to bring Microvolts back to life. 
The main priority of the team is to provide a more convenient gaming experience that comes from an improved system, which is based on Microvolts' own classical old-school feelings. Previous unresolved bugs and system stability are also major challenges. Rather than content that can be consumed in a short period of time, the development direction is focused on a community that can be maintained in the long term.  As part of that, we value keywords such as individual skill, honor, personality, and affection.

We are also very concerned about the longevity of the game. We are also very concerned about maintenance costs and stable sales. I eager to make this game worth to spend the money. 

It may seem frustrating the old Microvolts fans that we do not fully understand the MV yet, but we will be slowly growing and learning. I think that one day we will become a team that shows high performance over the time. We ask for your continued interest, concern, and honest feedback.

Thank you.

+) I recommend you to talk in public so others can read and discuss with various perspectives from diversity. That would be appreciated and also be helpful to make a right decision. Please understand this. If you have any doubts or suggestion, please let us know in the forum and we will review them.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, Leo said:

I guess you are acknowledged well about the process in the gaming business. As you've mentioned, we do have experience in publishing/releasing several game titles so far but for Microvolts, we started off from zero bases. And now we are trying hard to comprehend the system and the game itself better. Hopefully, we could reach a bit closer to the polished online service throughout the KPI and your feedback during this beta. 

I would like to say that I am so happy that I have the opportunity to bring Microvolts back to life. 
The main priority of the team is to provide a more convenient gaming experience that comes from an improved system, which is based on Microvolts' own classical old-school feelings. Previous unresolved bugs and system stability are also major challenges. Rather than content that can be consumed in a short period of time, the development direction is focused on a community that can be maintained in the long term.  As part of that, we value keywords such as individual skill, honor, personality, and affection.

We are also very concerned about the longevity of the game. We are also very concerned about maintenance costs and stable sales. I eager to make this game worth to spend the money. 

It may seem frustrating the old Microvolts fans that we do not fully understand the MV yet, but we will be slowly growing and learning. I think that one day we will become a team that shows high performance over the time. We ask for your continued interest, concern, and honest feedback.

Thank you.

+) I recommend you to talk in public so others can read and discuss with various perspectives from diversity. That would be appreciated and also be helpful to make a right decision. Please understand this. If you have any doubts or suggestion, please let us know in the forum and we will review them.

Hi Leo, thanks for becoming more active in the forum during the beta period. The increased communication is very nice to see.

I think it's very obvious that you guys want to bring back MV and make it more accessible to a larger playerbase and turn it into a business model with more longevity than the previous P2W iteration we have experienced in the past. From a business perspective that is more than understandable and I am not here to make judgement of this or the long waiting time - we do not know what the allocation of developers inside of Masangsoft looks like and I know by experience that resources inside a company can vary strongly.

Disclaimer: I sadly do not have Beta access, I am speaking from videos and streams I have seen of the game.

What I would like to know a bit more about is how exactly you are planning to balance the game - not just for new players but also for existing players who have years of knowledge. Evidently the high skill cap, which is a direct result of the unique swapping mechanic, is something that has put off a lot of new players even during the original release of the game. To me it seems like there's some experimental changes to some equipment in the beta, like the changes to the behaviour of the Driver, a general increase in fire rate for some weapons, or being able to split stat boosts when upgrading items; all of these changes to me seem like attempts at alleviating the skill gap. Reactions to these changes have been mixed for several reasons and a lot of people are hoping these will undergo some balance/design iterations.
How exactly do you have these balance/design iterations planned for the current beta, if at all? Will there be some overhauls in future phases of the beta process, or will it be more or less of a smooth process with rolling updates during whatever beta period is currently active?

Also, how exactly will you be measuring the community's reaction to these changes and making an assessment on whether or not a specific change is beneficial or detrimental to the game? I am just asking since you have stated that you are kind of trying to figure out the game yourselves and the developer's ideas of what is balanced/fun should not strive too far from the community's ideas, in order to retain older players and make sure MVR is off to a great start.

Thanks for reading!

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Leo said:

Thank you.

Hi Leo,

First of all, thank you for your thorough reply. It makes clear what your vision to the game is, and how experienced the devs behind it are. In the past, the focus shifted a bit from what the passionate MV community wanted (and needed) to what the devs envisioned for other games.

Yes, I do have some experience regarding game business, especially Microvolts, since I used to work with NQ Games on the SA version. I also understand how hard things can be to configure (making proper use of internal tools, different grades in-game, commands, etc), so I'm happy you guys got the hang of it so far.

From my experience, I can tell that new content is temporary, but having a stable game before adding new content is the key for longetivity. I'm sure you are on the right path, as you are considering the current game market but also keeping the old-school essence of the game. If you keep going with this mindset, MV will be a huge success again on the official release.

Again, thank you so much for the attention, and all of us OG players are rooting for your success.

• Thanks 1