Off-Topic

Nostalgia hit me hard.

Oizys

Hello everyone ๐Ÿ–ค,

ย  ย  ย I've been thinking about Microvolts now and then since it disappeared, also checked the site for some updates every time I thought about it. However, since the official announcement has been made...nostalgia hit me harder than ever. I am dreaming of it, remembering some of my plays, and being emotionally connected to the game...
ย  ย  ย I've always had a great experience playing the game, I knew all the bugs and glitches...do you remember the one in the Studio (going into a box or something like that) or that one in the Wild West (jumping on the roof)? So many years have passed, and I am a completely different person now but I still feel like I just played it some days ago.

I thought about writing to you guys, because I feel like I am not the only one that fell in love with MV, strange nostalgic love.

See you in the game!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, ะผ1.ั”ฯ‡ั” said:

Your not the only one, i even look at old MV videos on yt... kiind ouille is the one im looking at sometimes when i get nostalgia.

I still watch his ffa videos, full of action, brings back memories.

• Like 2

I was looking at old map videos on yt yesterday, and man it felt so nostalgic. I can't wait to play on rumpus room and magic paper land again.

• Like 1

I just cannot believe that we will play MV again... and not to mention the fact that, we have such a wholesome and old community.

13 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

Nostalgia has hit me as well, the wait is getting closer to an end folk. This time though lets try to have a less toxic community alright ? xD

Was it? Guess I didn't communicate that much with others, or I was too young to understand the toxicity :)).

ย ย 

5 minutes ago, Oizys said:

Was it? Guess I didn't communicate that much with others, or I was too young to understand the toxicity :)).

ย 

I mainly remember people abusing votekicks if you played well.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Sad 1
Just now, Tanooki said:

Got it, that's why I didn't experience it, I was playing poorly af.ย 

13 minutes ago, ะผ1.ั”ฯ‡ั” said:

There was a plan for mv to add a new map runpus room 2 but they didnt add it, sadly Toyheroes added it

I completely refused to download ToyHeroes on my uni laptop :)) it is too sketchy in my opinion. Guess they closed ToyHeroes, didn't they?

2 minutes ago, Oizys said:

I completely refused to download ToyHeroes on my uni laptop :)) it is too sketchy in my opinion. Guess they closed ToyHeroes, didn't they?

ToyHeroes is still up and running, also getting updates from time to time, but it will probably die/close when they fully release Microvolts Recharged.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

ย ย 

ย 

I had to buy plenty of anti kick tickets because people abused the votekick system really hard.

7 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

I had to buy plenty of anti kick tickets because people abused the votekick system really hard.

I completely forgot they added the anti kick items.

• Sad 1

It might have been very frustrating :<, hope you'll have a way better experience now.
I feel butterflies in my stomach because I am so nervous about the closed beta.ย 

Yeah me too...ย  i didnt really grasp the reality of it coming back for years, that hype, that nostalgia really hit after they announced the cbt date, before that, even if i was really active to this forum, it was in the back of my head for all the time... that was weird lol

3 hours ago, Onybaku said:

Yeah me too...ย  i didnt really grasp the reality of it coming back for years, that hype, that nostalgia really hit after they announced the cbt date, before that, even if i was really active to this forum, it was in the back of my head for all the time... that was weird lol

Loving a game is strange. The thing is that MV is the only one that gets that love from me...I cannot replace it with anything. The format of the game, the maps, the game mods...the characters...idk...everything is nice.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 6:02 PM, Oizys said:

Loving a game is strange. The thing is that MV is the only one that gets that love from me...I cannot replace it with anything. The format of the game, the maps, the game mods...the characters...idk...everything is nice.magic 8 ball

ย 

There's a unique magic in MV that captures the heart. The blend of captivating maps, diverse game mods, and endearing characters creates an irreplaceable experience. It's more than a game; it's a world that resonates with a special kind of love. The format, the intricacies, every detail contributes to an unparalleled connection. Trying to find a substitute feels like attempting the impossible. MV isn't just a game; it's a cherished universe where passion thrives.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 2:43 PM, Onybaku said:

It's amazing how anticipation can sneak up on you like that, right? The announcement of the closed beta test date really brought the reality home for me too. Suddenly, all those memories and excitement flooded back, and it felt like I was transported back to that time when the game first captured my imagination. It's funny how something can be simmering in the background, and then boom, it hits you full force.
magic 8 ball