General Discussion

Evolution System

PrimeChaos

49 minutes ago, PrimeChaos said:

What did the evolution system do? I can barely remember anything about it.

there were couple evolution sets that each of them had a special ability, kai evolution set for example speed, knox one heal etc..

the system concept was kind of pay2win since the items needed were usually earnt from capsule, and those items needed to be leveled up by discarding items into it for xp, you could evolve the set until 5 stars the maximum to get access to special ability, the set was increasing bullet/zooka penetration armor hp speed, tbh that armor seems annoying rather have just hp/speed

Honestly the sets with evolution were just stupid. Took a lot to get it maxed out and when you did you got something that everyone hated because it was kinda broken. Glad they got rid of this.

• Like 2

Good riddance honestly. Do wonder if they're actually going to keep sharkhill, sophitia, amelia and simon in their current states though. Don't think they fit in at all

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

Evolving the weapons from lvl 0 to 9 to increase power or other stat.

Lol.... absolutely not, that's upgrade system and it still exists. Please think twice before giving a vrey wrong answer especially when the difference is enormous as upgrade system still exists and is like one third of this game. Evolving system is when u combined parts to create a set like Akiba's maid, the samurai one for kai idk it's name, anesidora the alchemist and others and the reason they were removed is bcs they were trully OVER POWERED and with one of them, for example Akiba's maid evolved to max, u could reach an incredible speed, it gave the biggest speed value and this sets also gave u skills, like turbo speed, disguise, power up, heal etc.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sw1ndle said:

there were couple evolution sets that each of them had a special ability, kai evolution set for example speed, knox one heal etc..

the system concept was kind of pay2win since the items needed were usually earnt from capsule, and those items needed to be leveled up by discarding items into it for xp, you could evolve the set until 5 stars the maximum to get access to special ability, the set was increasing bullet/zooka penetration armor hp speed, tbh that armor seems annoying rather have just hp/speed

Knox has never had an evolved set, I can asure u of that since i tested everything like 2 moths ago at most. Kai had 2 sets, the king Arthur one or whatever it's name was and the samurai one, Pandora had one called Anesidora the alchemist and it's skill was heal, naomi had one called Akiba's maid and it had the disguise skill. And about the p2w stuff, yes spending money would get you this sets faster, but the amount of money u had to spent only on them was enormous and also a lot of people had them wihout paying money, it was just time consuming to upgrade it and at some point u couldn't get it without spending money anymore. The sets themselves couldn't be on hp if i remember corectly, but the insane amount of bullet armor made you kinda tanky, also they gave the biggest speed value in the game and were kinda overpowered, the Akiba's maid and Samurai ones gave more speed than the others.

52 minutes ago, sybr said:

Good riddance honestly. Do wonder if they're actually going to keep sharkhill, sophitia, amelia and simon in their current states though. Don't think they fit in at all

They most probably are as they already have a category in the new surge where u can see all the characters and there are all the characters previously made in MicroVolts.

13 hours ago, Sorel said:

Knox has never had an evolved set, I can asure u of that since i tested everything like 2 moths ago at most. Kai had 2 sets, the king Arthur one or whatever it's name was and the samurai one, Pandora had one called Anesidora the alchemist and it's skill was heal, naomi had one called Akiba's maid and it had the disguise skill. And about the p2w stuff, yes spending money would get you this sets faster, but the amount of money u had to spent only on them was enormous and also a lot of people had them wihout paying money, it was just time consuming to upgrade it and at some point u couldn't get it without spending money anymore. The sets themselves couldn't be on hp if i remember corectly, but the insane amount of bullet armor made you kinda tanky, also they gave the biggest speed value in the game and were kinda overpowered, the Akiba's maid and Samurai ones gave more speed than the others.

arthur one was wearable for knox on microvolts online their dev client(gamengame was another branch of masangsoft)

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, PrimeChaos said:

Lol I must've suppressed memories of that system if it's so busted. I only have good memories and even remember being excited for Surge.

if i remember correctly it was something they added way after surge, i think a couple of updates before they shut down MicroVolts

immagine_2022-08-23_134826841.png.9b46e70d06eb92f1bee630afa8a6dd2b.png

they added this system in 2015, Microvolts shut down i think in 2017... and Surge was around 2013

(found in the microvolts wiki)

Edited by Onybaku

The last set for the evolution system that was added was the pandora one, i remember that for sure, and yeah, sure the system was fun and even though mv was p2w there was some warm and nice feeling about getting good items and working to get something, that's why many of us may have memories of daily rewards and other rewards we were looking forward to and how good it felt to have good items even without paying for them.

24 minutes ago, Sorel said:

The last set for the evolution system that was added was the pandora one, i remember that for sure, and yeah, sure the system was fun and even though mv was p2w there was some warm and nice feeling about getting good items and working to get something, that's why many of us may have memories of daily rewards and other rewards we were looking forward to and how good it felt to have good items even without paying for them.

to be honest when they released this system i didn't payed too much attention to it, if it was p2w or not, because the game had evolved already to that state with the god weapons, so it wasnt a big surprise to see them adding the evolution system...

i remember that they gave like coupons for daily rewards, after surge, i was so happy to able to get something cool, i was younger, and i didnt had the luxury to spend money into the game, just bought advs, but just twice or so...

now that i'm an adult i see everything back then in a different prospective and damn, that game was p2w to the core after surge, but i didnt grasp that reality because i loved microvolts so much

Let's be honest here. Evolution is the worst update ever for MV. It's pure p2w feature and really made the game so unbalanced between P2W and F2P. Once I even thought it was some kind of a hack when I saw samurai kai went fast af. But it was just a feature that you gotta lvl up the set for advantage. Just a big no for me.