General Discussion

Fix Stats that are eronated (ex. runspeed & range)

XVII - The Star

Have no one noticed how weird is MV bureaucracy? They just changed the stats of the weapons and parts tunes so that they would appear okay just in the lobby. 

Let's say you are going to wear 16.8% Runspeed basic parts, you wouldnt even have a quarter of someone's RT parts and so on. 

The same happens with some Melees... if you want to play with the Onion, you will notice that it has nearly 0 Range and Runspeed. 

The only stats that are also applied in the gameplay are Power and HP, or at least these were the only ones i experienced to appear ingame from a melee player's perspective.

......thoughts?

Edited by XVII - The Star
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

about the run speed, i have experienced my speed sometimes being 0% but for some reason equipping the minigun fixes it(if its zombie mode it only fixes it for 1 round and u have to do the same thing again lol).

i've said that since day one. some weapons seem off. and speed is not worth it now. EVERYONE is playing tank. if you're a speed player its simply unfair. I have a rule not to play tank. You might find it childish but i've had it since surge. Now whenever i play an elim i have to basically kill 2 people instead of 1 for a kill and its infuriating. 

Also sometimes its true that speed is not active until you equip a speed melee and even then sometimes it bugs and u run normally just with the base hp

18 minutes ago, SweatyGengar said:

i've said that since day one. some weapons seem off. and speed is not worth it now. EVERYONE is playing tank. if you're a speed player its simply unfair. I have a rule not to play tank. You might find it childish but i've had it since surge. Now whenever i play an elim i have to basically kill 2 people instead of 1 for a kill and its infuriating. 

Also sometimes its true that speed is not active until you equip a speed melee and even then sometimes it bugs and u run normally just with the base hp

I love this guy. The no tank rule should be a rule for everyone!!! (just joking tank players dont be offended ok? IM JOKING!)

I will never leave the speed sets feels super slow playing tank, idk!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, SweatyGengar said:

You do realise that speed is more unfair than tank right? 

When speeding you can jump like a monkey from 1 side of the map to the other. And sniping someone with speed is almost impossible if the player knows what he is doing. Not to mention take minimal dmg from explosives because of the faster retreat from the epicenter aswell as further knockback bakes the second nade or zooka harder to connect because you dont always know howfar the enemy (depending of the speed %) will fly due to knockback.

So if you ask me speed sets are for the noob inexperienced players

3 hours ago, Meat said:

You do realise that speed is more unfair than tank right? 

When speeding you can jump like a monkey from 1 side of the map to the other. And sniping someone with speed is almost impossible if the player knows what he is doing. Not to mention take minimal dmg from explosives because of the faster retreat from the epicenter aswell as further knockback bakes the second nade or zooka harder to connect because you dont always know howfar the enemy (depending of the speed %) will fly due to knockback.

So if you ask me speed sets are for the noob inexperienced players

Speed sets have always been at a disadvantage I'd say, especially in this game where getting sniped with base HP means you die, shotgun up close is a one-shot, direct shot leaves you on like 200... Having a speed set is a trade-off that allows for a more active playstyle and allows for a wider variety of movements and jumps to be done, I've always seen it as the far more skillful and riskier option. Even in MVS where you could get 23% speed and 1190 run speed on a melee, I never really had trouble hitting someone fast. I'm not sure if you get knocked back more if you have more run speed though I'd have to test that out.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Volt said:

Speed sets have always been at a disadvantage I'd say, especially in this game where getting sniped with base HP means you die, shotgun up close is a one-shot, direct shot leaves you on like 200... Having a speed set is a trade-off that allows for a more active playstyle and allows for a wider variety of movements and jumps to be done, I've always seen it as the far more skillful and riskier option. Even in MVS where you could get 23% speed and 1190 run speed on a melee, I never really had trouble hitting someone fast. I'm not sure if you get knocked back more if you have more run speed though I'd have to test that out.

A slow turtle is easier to hit than a fast speedblitzing monkey. too many times i was like if he didn't have speed hed die without doubt. Speed saves too many times from poor positioning. With speed you can kite easily mid fight and you get to health packs and ammo in 1 second all over the map. In some maps you can just take 5 healthpacks within 4 seconds. That is just stupid. Aswell as move from cover to cover minimalising the risk of getting sniped. Not to mention being somewhere faster than the enemy. Speed is by far more broken and braindead than tank or basic set players. 

5 hours ago, Meat said:

A slow turtle is easier to hit than a fast speedblitzing monkey. too many times i was like if he didn't have speed hed die without doubt. Speed saves too many times from poor positioning. With speed you can kite easily mid fight and you get to health packs and ammo in 1 second all over the map. In some maps you can just take 5 health packs within 4 seconds. That is just stupid. Ashwell as move from cover to cover minimalizing the risk of getting sniped. Not to mention being somewhere faster than the enemy. Speed is by far more broken and braindead than tank or basic set players. 

lets talk facts since you've started this argument. Tank in the og game was disrespectful. Since speed was always the hardest thing. Speed would require you to have good pathing and a good evade rather that taking hits head on like tanks did.

Now in this current state its worse. Since the player base has gotten way better since the original by playing toy heroes ect while the game was closed.

It is harder to kill someone who needs 4 bazooka bullets and 2 shotgun shots from up close / 2 sniper shots / 3 shotgun shots and half a riffle mag

Rather than killing someone who is slightly faster and dies with 2 bazooka shots. 1 sniper or 2 shotgun shots

And maybe speed isn't for the "beginner players" since the skill required to play well with speed is higher than playing tank.
If you can't hit a speed player its either because your aim is literally bad or because he is just a better player.

Edited by SweatyGengar
8 hours ago, SweatyGengar said:

I feel lost in the game itself, the excitement is gone, 3 bazoka shots when the enemy lands, 2 to 3 shotgun shots, 10 rifle bullets, everyone can become imperfect in one go day. If I shoot well in a bazoka + a few rifle rounds but shoot poorly in a shotgun, it could be a death sentence.

On 11/3/2023 at 5:27 PM, SweatyGengar said:

lets talk facts since you've started this argument. Tank in the og game was disrespectful. Since speed was always the hardest thing. Speed would require you to have good pathing and a good evade rather that taking hits head on like tanks did.

Now in this current state its worse. Since the player base has gotten way better since the original by playing toy heroes ect while the game was closed.

It is harder to kill someone who needs 4 bazooka bullets and 2 shotgun shots from up close / 2 sniper shots / 3 shotgun shots and half a riffle mag

Rather than killing someone who is slightly faster and dies with 2 bazooka shots. 1 sniper or 2 shotgun shots

And maybe speed isn't for the "beginner players" since the skill required to play well with speed is higher than playing tank.
If you can't hit a speed player its either because your aim is literally bad or because he is just a better player.

Joking or fr?

The only thing tank is unfair is taking 2 power sniper bullets. Thats broken agreed. The rest you mentioned is bs.

Speed is busten for many reasons like i mentioned read above.

1 thing tank has an advantage over vs speed 5+ things that give you advantage.

1 hour ago, Meat said:

Joking or fr?

The only thing tank is unfair is taking 2 power sniper bullets. Thats broken agreed. The rest you mentioned is bs.

Speed is busten for many reasons like i mentioned read above.

1 thing tank has an advantage over vs speed 5+ things that give you advantage.

I'm sorry, you're alone in this one.

In most situations you have the advantage if you play with a tank set, especially based on how the +% RS is calculated and applied

• Like 2