General Discussion

PETITION TO BRING BACK OLD LEVELS!

Petition to Bring Back Old Levels!! [Please Vote!]  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the OG levels back?

• YES!
    • NO!

Dear Microvolts Community,

I believe it's time to take a stand and bring back the prestige that the old levels once held in our beloved game. The new implemented levels have left us feeling that having a high level no longer portrays the skill and dedication that it used to. It's time for a change, and I'm starting a petition to make our voices heard.

The Problem:
The current EXP calculation system allows players to easily farm their levels without necessarily demonstrating their skill or dedication. This has made the levels lose their value and meaning. As a result, when we see a high-level player, we can no longer be sure that they've achieved it through exceptional gameplay.

The Solution:
I propose a reworked EXP calculation system that takes into account various factors such as damage done based on room size, game mode, and team total damage. This way, players who consistently perform well will find it easier to gain EXP, while underperforming players will have a harder time. This change will help restore the connection between high levels and exceptional skill.

Capping Levels:
Additionally, I'd like to question the obsession with uncapped levels. With the implementation of a ranked system, there's no need to have levels go beyond a certain point. I suggest capping levels at 105, since we will have a ranked system, it's ok to have a max level. 

I've created a poll to gauge community interest and support for these changes. PLEASE take a moment to vote on this poll and make your voice count. It's our game, and it's time to bring back the prestige to Microvolts!!

Let's work together to restore Microvolts to its former glory, where high-level players are revered for their skill and dedication. PLEASE make an effort to log in and vote on this poll. Your support means everything.

Old Levels:

image.png.bacb96b982f8105ca868954528e2ea6a.png.368efdf40badcd1857371986555894de.png

Current Levels:
20230902_013705.jpg.a96b124d329013fbcfcfc11f2c3f84a7.jpg.e8e8575341c0a41cd38891d27fa377be.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I like the idea of infinite levels, I would suggest changing icons. From 0-100 it is fast because players should feel the emotion of levelling up as an attractive for keeping on playing 

• Like 1

From the entire gold star symbol upwards is fake. I've never met a player of that level or higher

Now I notice that 1-100 has the same icon as levels 1 - 5 (in the old mode). and from 101 - 200 there are symbols 6 - 10 .

I don't agree to the infinite levels as well, also bring back the old icons.

I would like to have like a level 105 cap but then when you are leveled to 106 it will bring you back to 0 but with a prestige kind of thing. Then its kind off like infinite levels but makes it a lot cooler then being level 200 imo.

Nice explaining tho i agree on yes!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, GOATER said:

I don't agree to the infinite levels as well, also bring back the old icons.

I would like to have like a level 105 cap but then when you are leveled to 106 it will bring you back to 0 but with a prestige kind of thing. Then its kind off like infinite levels but makes it a lot cooler then being level 200 imo.

Nice explaining tho i agree on yes!

Hello,

i didn't think about a prestige/devotion system yet.

That's indeed a great idea!

The icons to me are bland, with some work and depth I believe they could make better level icons. maybe even allow us to customize our profiles like level icons that shine every few seconds, or even glow! 

The old icon...... what a nostalgia.... 

I want the old icon and system so bad but i think it's to late for that now... they will never do that 😧

On 10/22/2023 at 7:44 PM, Vinn said:

I like the idea of infinite levels, I would suggest changing icons. From 0-100 it is fast because players should feel the emotion of levelling up as an attractive for keeping on playing 

the one i showed above is exactly that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not against a different level system than what we currently have, but I don't have a strong opinion on it. What I DO have a strong opinion on are the level icons.

What a monumental downgrade in design quality, creativity, excitement and originality. The ENG level icons are by far the superior icons of any region, but even the worst of them are better than what we currently have. It's honestly a disgrace to good design, and to the players that waited 6 years for this game. It is an eyesore to behold, and a displeasure to even glance upon. They could have done so much with what they already had. The ENG level icons could have been repurposed and made even greater, but instead they wiped it all away in the most basic bare bones way possible. The icons are abysmal at BEST. Can I modify the client and use whatever I want instead of the normal ones? Yeah, of course, but after enough time you get tired of modifying things, Playing with inauthentic visuals doesn't feel the same. So you end up having to tolerate mediocrity.

Just a few thoughts I had on the current level icons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/23/2023 at 10:49 PM, Davi said:

Hello,

i didn't think about a prestige/devotion system yet.

That's indeed a great idea!

I have sugested a prestige/devotion system right after the first time trying the first beta. Just like I made a post about bringing the old levels with a poll if i remember corectly. Nothing happened then, but I wanna stay positive and I hope they will listen now at least.