General Discussion

A controversial opinion about the game. (With ideas)

vav

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all doing well today!

This will be a mildly controversial opinion but one nonetheless.

I feel like people are too stuck in the old ways of the game instead of trying to adapt to a newer model.
As with almost every game that was launched in recent years, MV was unfinished and unpolished at the re-release.

The game has game-breaking bugs that prevent a small portion of people from even launching the game, and it lacks a lot of old content.

Would you rather be playing an unfinished version of the game?
or
Possibly wait another year, get even angrier, and maybe never have a release because of a lack of funding?

It hasn't even been a week... and we are receiving an update or fix every 2 days. This is amazing!

Levels:

We need to accept that the leveling system will be uncapped, which I like!
They do need a change, but that's fine. If the icons are boring, so be it.
Maybe after level 200, the icons will be extremely pretty! We don't know!
They have only been leaked until level 200.

Upgrades/Tuning:

Without the pay-to-win element (which killed the game before), the leveling system doesn't have meaning!
Before, you used to only be able to be "better 🤡" if you spent hundreds of real-life moneysss. No one wants this.

The weapon system needs to have its levels back. Of course, but how is the damage going to scale?
Are they going to nerf the base damage? This will make new players completely worthless. They won't be able to kill anyone!

If they unlock the upgrades to level 5 or level 9 but with lower stats to not make any gun broken, what will be the reason to spend hundreds of hours playing to upgrade something? Will you grind 300 hours just to get an extra 100 damage on your shotgun? Then proceed to upgrade the rifle to deal another 20 damage per hit for another 300 hours?

The problem here is the balancing of everything. Obviously, they want to add the level system back. But the grave has been dug up; balancing is going to be extremely hard to do.

Will you upgrade a weapon just for it to look cool? Honestly, I would! Valorant players already spend money twice on the same skin, just for it to have a different effect!

I think on MV, this change would work! This could be an extremely good method to make "coupon" skins, something very sought after! having special effects, and extremely cool animations, that could get even better with upgrades!

As I said in another post:

"The gun variants could be easily put the same way that the clothes are done. So, you can buy whatever weapon you want, but the first upgrade would be the deciding factor, making it have the stats of the ABCD variants! Then you can just keep upgrading until level 9 like it was on MicroVolts back then."

Investment idea:

At the start of next year, please invest in streamers and YouTubers to boost the popularity of the game! This will bring attention to a vast amount of new players that could stick around!

To sum up:

I think the majority of people are being extremely aggressive towards the ladder.
The game has an enormous amount of potential, I can go as far as saying ESPORTS potential! When the competitive scene gets added, I think the game will be extremely balanced.
We have never had the game so balanced; anyone from almost any skill level can compete with one another.
A good level 20 player will be better than the average level 100 player, which could not be the case back then.
A level 30 could spend 1k euros on the game and be similar to an OG player who was level 70 (back then).

So I really think that before the end of the year, a lot of old content will be added, and it will keep the balance of the game. The #NoPay2Win will stay put and will make the game great again!

Best regards,
vav

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's been stuck on my heads for a long time. I don't know the process of buying a game from a company, but my guess is, you buy the game, you get all the assets and source codes. They have all of them for years, yet they gave us an unfinished game. How can that possibly happen? Did they accidentally delete some of them?

So, it's totally made sense for people to complain about the game, right? No complaining is the one that doesn't made sense for me.

I'm not really familiar with the game industry, so please someone enlighten me if you know what really happened!

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Doozer said:

It's been stuck on my heads for a long time. I don't know the process of buying a game from a company, but my guess is, you buy the game, you get all the assets and source codes. They have all of them for years, yet they gave us an unfinished game. How can that possibly happen? Did they accidentally delete some of them?

So, it's totally made sense for people to complain about the game, right? No complaining is the one that doesn't made sense for me.

I'm not really familiar with the game industry, so please someone enlighten me if you know what really happened!

Its hard to understand what happened without hearing anything from them directly, my theory is that they did the bare minimum of listening to the community over these couple of years and tried to fix some of the main complaints but didn't really have the actual vision or capacity to make the game something truly big  just yet, it feels like they are following the motions of interest of the player base more then actually having a full plan, wich is good cause they are listening so far, but at the same time a bit of a passive position to be in. 

They clearly didnt do as many changes as they could have in the time they had the game wich makes me believe they werent that interested in trying to revive the game at first, maybe not enough of a monetary invcentive to invest in this game earlier. But they  started to see the potential and decided to commit to it as of lately, last couple of years, maybe they had constraints from the contract after buying the rights and all that and just now untangled themselves, so many possibilities...

Even the reason why the first microvolts ended is quite unclear, most people say there was not enough support and attention to the feedback people where giving, lets hope this devs take the failure before them as a cautionary tale and listen to the player base at least so they can implement truly meaningful changes and keep the game afloat. 

Edited by pseudolara
  • Confused 1

I completely agree, we don't have 1 full week of play. And unfortunately the community is taking hasty opinions. I'm sure the MV will be a very good game, it will just take time and the support of all of us players.

2 hours ago, vav said:

It hasn't even been a week... and we are receiving an update or fix every 2 days. This is amazing!

They dont even fix the missing MP issue....

3 hours ago, Lilly732 said:

They dont even fix the missing MP issue....

They are addressing the issue, and fixed half of it.

I bet they have not implemented it so people would spam all the items.  

Surge was a buggy mess with incredably agressive paytowin mechanics and its later 2 years was filled with hackers and i would rather be playing that than recharged thats how bad they screwd this up. The way they balanced the game removed all the fun the game had so i hope they make some drastic changes to the game because if they dont a lot of the playerbase will simply leave.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, vav said:

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all doing well today!

This will be a mildly controversial opinion but one nonetheless.

I feel like people are too stuck in the old ways of the game instead of trying to adapt to a newer model.
As with almost every game that was launched in recent years, MV was unfinished and unpolished at the re-release.

The game has game-breaking bugs that prevent a small portion of people from even launching the game, and it lacks a lot of old content.

or
Possibly wait another year, get even angrier, and maybe never have a release because of a lack of funding?

Levels:

We need to accept that the leveling system will be uncapped, which I like!
They do need a change, but that's fine. If the icons are boring, so be it.
Maybe after level 200, the icons will be extremely pretty! We don't know!
They have only been leaked until level 200.

Upgrades/Tuning:

Without the pay-to-win element (which killed the game before), the leveling system doesn't have meaning!
Before, you used to only be able to be "better 🤡" if you spent hundreds of real-life moneysss. No one wants this.

The weapon system needs to have its levels back. Of course, but how is the damage going to scale?
Are they going to nerf the base damage? This will make new players completely worthless. They won't be able to kill anyone!

If they unlock the upgrades to level 5 or level 9 but with lower stats to not make any gun broken, what will be the reason to spend hundreds of hours playing to upgrade something? Will you grind 300 hours just to get an extra 100 damage on your shotgun? Then proceed to upgrade the rifle to deal another 20 damage per hit for another 300 hours?

The problem here is the balancing of everything. Obviously, they want to add the level system back. But the grave has been dug up; balancing is going to be extremely hard to do.

Will you upgrade a weapon just for it to look cool? Honestly, I would! Valorant players already spend money twice on the same skin, just for it to have a different effect!

I think on MV, this change would work! This could be an extremely good method to make "coupon" skins, something very sought after! having special effects, and extremely cool animations, that could get even better with upgrades!

As I said in another post:

"The gun variants could be easily put the same way that the clothes are done. So, you can buy whatever weapon you want, but the first upgrade would be the deciding factor, making it have the stats of the ABCD variants! Then you can just keep upgrading until level 9 like it was on MicroVolts back then."

Investment idea:

At the start of next year, please invest in streamers and YouTubers to boost the popularity of the game! This will bring attention to a vast amount of new players that could stick around!

To sum up:

I think the majority of people are being extremely aggressive towards the ladder.
The game has an enormous amount of potential, I can go as far as saying ESPORTS potential! When the competitive scene gets added, I think the game will be extremely balanced.
We have never had the game so balanced; anyone from almost any skill level can compete with one another.
A good level 20 player will be better than the average level 100 player, which could not be the case back then.
A level 30 could spend 1k euros on the game and be similar to an OG player who was level 70 (back then).

So I really think that before the end of the year, a lot of old content will be added, and it will keep the balance of the game. The #NoPay2Win will stay put and will make the game great again!

Best regards,
vav

We are stuck in the old VR ? 

bro they literally released the same game but it's worse, alot of bug, balance broken ect.

i think it's make sense to us to be angry because we waitied for 6 years 

14 minutes ago, Baran01 said:

We are stuck in the old VR ? 

bro they literally released the same game but it's worse, alot of bug, balance broken ect.

i think it's make sense to us to be angry because we waitied for 6 years 

And,

8 hours ago, vav said:

or

?

Using this principle, it’s easier to go to the unofficial MV - Toy Heroes. There's an old version of the game that has everything. I was looking forward to the release of the MV, but what did they do in the meantime? What's new in the game?
For beginners, it was possible to do as it was before, up to a certain server level, so that they would adapt. What's the point of "endless levels"? 
All they've done so far is remove half the things: maps in modes, modes themselves, things from the store. But they didn’t forget to bring the donation.
You can’t even call the game crude, there’s something worse here.