General Discussion

Thoughts on the latest upcoming patch notes

Doozer

1. Looks like they are okay with everyone reaching lv 100 easily (which is a bug, the required exp for the next level is 0, gaining even 100 exp will level you up)

2. 99.99% they won't change the lv icon. They plan to extend the lv infinitely which explains why they use such simple icon to be reused infinitely.

3. Looks like they don't really bother with community feedback and proceed with their own plan

I don't know how some of you guys always stays positive with the game, but personally I don't see the game last very long. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Edited by Doozer
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Doozer said:

1. Looks like they are okay with everyone reaching lv 100 easily (which is a bug, the required exp for the next level is 0, gaining even 100 exp will level you up)

2. 99.99% they won't change the lv icon. They plan to extend the lv infinitely which explains why they use such simple icon to be reused infinitely.

3. Looks like they don't really bother with community feedback and proceed with their own plan

I don't know how some of you guys always stays positive with the game, but personally I don't see the game last very long. Hopefully I'm wrong.

objectively speaking, yea, you might be right.

at this state of the game i just log on, play a match of TDM and log out...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Until the team responds to all of our feedback, we have no idea what's going on, I really wished they would spend more time responding to people on the forums and keeping the communication at a good spot. I would say we'll have to wait until Forum moderators, Discord Moderators and Content Creators have been announced/chosen. I'd also like to believe that when this announcement comes, the games first Update will come along with it. For now we just have to be patient, even if it's harsh.

• Like 2

Still dont like the idea to start to grind from lvl 100 and not lvl 1, but if its their idea to have players lvl 1000 (lets see the icon that they will do for that many levels)

I prefere them to instal the old level up system and get the old  icon instead of having this ugly simple icons and lvl 1000...

One more time seems that they dont even read what we say here.

Lets see what the future hold for us and them.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Doozer said:

it's not even been a full week...

Ofc they are not spitting out updates at the same pace as cs2 is, but in the background they must be working very hard.
I really wish them thes best of luck!  

12 minutes ago, vav said:

it's not even been a full week...

Ofc they are not spitting out updates at the same pace as cs2 is, but in the background they must be working very hard.
I really wish them thes best of luck!  

We know that "big" updates aren't made in 2/3 days but at least they could talk with us and say what they have planed to do in the future so we are not here waiting and speculating things

Edited by j0hNESY
  • Like 1

They're doing an update every 3 days, if they keep this rate things will get fixed faster than I thought. About the level icons I don't think they will change them, what you said makes total sense, I can't see them having the work to change all levels till 1000 as most of the old lvl icons only go until lvl 100

38 minutes ago, Doozer said:

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, j0hNESY said:

We know that "big" updates aren't made in 2/3 days but at least they could talk with us and say what they have planed to do in the future so we are not here waiting and speculating things

Totally agree. I don't expect them to constantly give us an update, but seeing their decision with the level issue just lost my hope.

Masang 1: hey, our level is broken, what we do?

Masang 2: it's okay, let's just pretend lv 1-100 don't exist. lv 101 is the real lv 1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For the level icon, I actually expect them to just use the old one and create some simple one that will be reused for lv 100+.

lv 1-100 old icons

lv 101-199 new icon A

lv 200-299 new icon B

and so on..

48 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Totally agree. I don't expect them to constantly give us an update, but seeing their decision with the level issue just lost my hope.

Masang 1: hey, our level is broken, what we do?

Masang 2: it's okay, let's just pretend lv 1-100 don't exist. lv 101 is the real lv 1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For the level icon, I actually expect them to just use the old one and create some simple one that will be reused for lv 100+.

lv 1-100 old icons

lv 101-199 new icon A

lv 200-299 new icon B

and so on..

Sad "solution" they did here..

We lost one of the most iconic things about Mv that we loved... The level icons... R.I.P

1 hour ago, Doozer said:

This "Next Level: 0" thing is just that you already achieved that level, but since the game can't level you up two or more times in one match, it requires you to play another one. You can lose single wave matches until you finish leveling up, and your actual XP needed will be shown. This bug exists since MVS, but it was not noticeable as the XP required to level up gradually increased with each level. I don't consider it critical. (?)

I agree that the current icons are boring and I hope they change that someday to something more interesting, but if they keep this plan of infinite levels I don't think it's going to happen. Given the over issues in the game, these visual problems shouldn't be their priority.

32 minutes ago, MicroData said:

The levels don't bother me because I play the game to enjoy the gameplay

A number on a token doesn't matter to me lol!

But means for the old players who battled and grinded very hard to get there level.

I think the problem, and im included on that problem, was to think that MV was coming back  like the good old days.

I Think people are a bit too linked to the Old MV. Although I loved Old levels and I hope to see them in MVR, I am also trying to see what they are going to make.

I can suppose they are trying to adapt MVR to the new standards for not being a niche game anymore. Levels in modern games are only a way to show playtime, as per fortnite and so on, the most important thing is playing and having cosmetics, doing tournaments and so on. 

I hope they at least adapt the Old icons to new levels. Have fun

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gabi said:

This "Next Level: 0" thing is just that you already achieved that level, but since the game can't level you up two or more times in one match, it requires you to play another one. You can lose single wave matches until you finish leveling up, and your actual XP needed will be shown. This bug exists since MVS

Oh, I never knew this one. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Vinn said:

I Think people are a bit too linked to the Old MV

It's totally normal. It would be weird if it's the opposite

• Like 1
23 hours ago, j0hNESY said:

But means for the old players who battled and grinded very hard to get there level.

I think the problem, and im included on that problem, was to think that MV was coming back  like the good old days.

I'm one of those old players.

Levels never mattered. Functional and fun game modes mattered. And the dress-up game! Never forget the dress-up game.