General Discussion

Remove the HIT EFFECT setting

Webb

My suggestion is to remove the "hit effect" setting, as it makes the game much easier, meaning less competitive and less skill-based. 

Screenshot 2023-09-11 194914.png

Even if you turn this off you still get hit effects over your crosshair, this setting is just the pop up animation on hit effects.

Edited by mIKA-
1 minute ago, ReloadedCypher said:

This doesn't give you any advantage, it doesn't make sense to remove it, it only serves to indicate whether your shot caught or not, and I think this is a good configuration for those who have lag

I agree, there's no real need to remove it.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, ReloadedCypher said:

This doesn't give you any advantage, it doesn't make sense to remove it, it only serves to indicate whether your shot caught or not, and I think this is a good configuration for those who have lag

How does a big red frame doesn't give you an advantage?

It takes more skill to aim with only a crosshair than this.

Microvolts_230911_203234_02.jpg

29 minutes ago, mIKA- said:

Even if you turn this off you still get hit effects over your crosshair, this setting is just the pop up animation on hit effects.

This exactly, I don't see a reason to remove it. I just use it because it's more clear that you hit someone, feels pretty satisfying. If anything, it adds more clutter on your screen so it actually is more of a disadvantage. 

2 minutes ago, Webb said:

How does a big red frame doesn't give you an advantage?

It takes more skill to aim with only a crosshair than this.

Fortnite has your retical get red when you're aiming at someone (even if they're behind a bush) and that game is doing pretty fine. It's not that bad, I don't feel they should remove it, it just helps people aim better.

14 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Fortnite has your retical get red when you're aiming at someone (even if they're behind a bush) and that game is doing pretty fine. It's not that bad, I don't feel they should remove it, it just helps people aim better.

It does help people aim better. That's why I think people should learn to aim better without this frame. I don't agree with all of you above guys, sorry. I think they should remove it for better long-term game learning experience.

5 hours ago, Webb said:

It does help people aim better. That's why I think people should learn to aim better without this frame. I don't agree with all of you above guys, sorry. I think they should remove it for better long-term game learning experience.

It doesn't really change anything for anyone unless you have bad eye sight. It doesnt really help at all and actually eats away ur fps, so it's really not an advantage, also doesn't make ur aim better. Playing the game more or practicing does.