General Discussion

SKILL CAP

Saki

If the skill level of players in toyheroes is an indication of how it is gonna be in microvolts, no new player will ever play this. The skill cap is just insane.

Of course there will be skill caps from toyheroes to beta players and new players.. This was suggested a lot by me and other members of this community, they need to make new tutorials that help the new players to learn the game mechanics(quick scoping maybe, swaping to kill faster) not just plain shooting in a 3rd fps game. Lets be real everyone knows that.

If the game manages to attract new players its going to be rough for them. We have people who pretty much never stopped playing since, for whatever ungodly reason, toyheroes never got shut down. Best we can do is be friendly towards new players and teach them the ropes since the devs dont seem to want to make a tutorial that actually teaches anything useful.

The skill cap is quite high, but thats because Toy Heroes as a game was sort of ostracized from the entirety of the gaming community since the game wasn't marketed or on any of the big launchers like Steam or Epic Games. This meant that the mv community sort of drowned in a pool of themselves, leading to a very tightly-knit community where only veterans/pros knew about the game's existence. If Masangsoft markets the game correctly, there will be enough new players to be able to have an even playing field whilst the big players can fight amongst themselves.

There will be more new players to this game than it's seen in a long time with it being available on Steam only. It'll have pretty solid player counts which will give it some attention too. With there also being a ranked mode, may not be added on release but it's coming, it will move some of the more competitive players to that mode hopefully. Lots of "skill" in this game comes from cheesing mechanics that aren't really able to be countered like crouch peeking, which is being looked at currently. That alone will make the game more competitively viable, hopefully growing the amount of players interested in ranked.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:51 PM, OGSapphire said:

Of course there will be skill caps from toyheroes to beta players and new players.. This was suggested a lot by me and other members of this community, they need to make new tutorials that help the new players to learn the game mechanics(quick scoping maybe, swaping to kill faster) not just plain shooting in a 3rd fps game. Lets be real everyone knows that.

This game to be successful the old mechanics need to be removed. Otherwise the new players will suffer a lot so only the hardcore mv players will remain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 1:47 PM, Fox said:

This game to be successful the old mechanics need to be removed. Otherwise the new players will suffer a lot so only the hardcore mv players will remain.

If by old mechanics you mean swapping, I 100% disagree, IMO this is what makes MV unique in a sense.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:57 PM, trace-_- said:

Can only rely on ranked being actually good. Else people will just pubstomp like it is in ToyHeroes.

TH NA is super fun do not insult it -.-

• Thanks 1
On 8/26/2023 at 8:47 AM, Fox said:

What old mechanics are you referring to? Swapping and stuff absolutely cannot be removed, but crouch spamming and stuff definitely should, which they've said they'll look into.

• Thanks 1

Guys, regarding this matter, hope in the horizon is difficult to be seen. Let's be real, 90% of the players on its release will be old players that most likely know the mechanics, swap etc. For a new player to come into this madness of people jumping around and getting killed from insane snipes....it will demotivate the new players really quickly. I do not think that the MV team has or is willing to invest enough money for the game to be promoted appropriately. Yes, maybe the ranking system can help, but i dont really have faith in it. For it to work good, a good amount of player base is needed, so that players can easily be divided among ranks properly. The tutorial for sure has to be made better. They really have to prepare the new players at least for swapping, sniping and all that are not that necessary in the beginning. 

I don't think swapping is the issue, I just think there needs to be better matchmaking options. Similar to having weapon specific rooms, maybe there can be an option to disable swapping for said rooms so people can have more beginner friendly lobbies.

What you're suggesting to block is nothing more than a challenge for a CS:GO player who turns off their crosshair. A skilled player will still continue to be skilled, whether the mechanics are on or off. In this case, new players will simply have to push themselves and adapt to the game by learning those mechanics.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, TheGGray said:

What you're suggesting to block is nothing more than a challenge for a CS:GO player who turns off their crosshair. A skilled player will still continue to be skilled, whether the mechanics are on or off. In this case, new players will simply have to push themselves and adapt to the game by learning those mechanics.

Off-topic, but albedo is very based, that is all.

• Like 1
On 8/22/2023 at 9:26 PM, Saki said:

If the skill level of players in toyheroes is an indication of how it is gonna be in microvolts, no new player will ever play this. The skill cap is just insane.

This is not and will not be the only game that has been remaked, therefore people will get used to the game and its mechanics, as other people did and will do with other games.

It's just a matter of time and the game will balance by itself.

20 hours ago, Davi said:

This is not and will not be the only game that has been remaked, therefore people will get used to the game and its mechanics, as other people did and will do with other games.

It's just a matter of time and the game will balance by itself.

Yes, but I will remind you that, if you start a new game and play against pros and players with years of experience right away, you're bound to lose and come to get frustrated that there's hardly anyone in your terms of skill. It might actually affect the player base environment to an extend where the new players quit instead of continuing to play.

4 hours ago, ZurumiYukasa said:

Yes, but I will remind you that, if you start a new game and play against pros and players with years of experience right away, you're bound to lose and come to get frustrated that there's hardly anyone in your terms of skill. It might actually affect the player base environment to an extend where the new players quit instead of continuing to play.

It's partially true, although it happens in every game. There are always players that join a game years later its release, when the game has already built a community and people have already developed a higher level of experience and awareness. It happened to you, as it did for me and for almost everyone, it's quite difficult that everybody joins a game as it gets released, therefore if you ask me, i just think that everything will flow by time, people will grind to get better, others might quit ( as it happens everywhere for a thousands of reasons).

There is no difference in having a skill cap as soon as you start a new game years later the release, and having a skill cap when you join a brand new game, it is only a psychological thing, but it's basically the same thing: "skill cap" ( no matter if it's at the start or years later).