General Discussion

Worth the wait?

Andrayz

Hi there , my name's Andrea.

When i was 8-9 circa ( like 2013-2014 ) I started playing this game , now since i was a kid and i'm talking about 10 years ago i don t remember if i played before or after surge ( the only big update i remember was that the main menu had a lobby now???? idk precisely ) but that s not the main point of all of this.

I used to play this game a lot , used to play a lot with friends , and was always excited when people from the same country as me ( Italy ) were discovering this game, either if they were hating or loving it. 

It was a part of my childhood , along with a lot of other games ( For example SKILL SF2 , don t know if any of u knows  it. )

Now 10 years later , 18 years old and towards the end of highschool , i found out that this game is still ""alive??"' If i can call it that way? I mean , as i see more posts on the forum i'm finding out that the game is still under development from 2017? And the devs release some news here and there once in a while. 

Lucky enough , seems like today the 3.0 beta is going to be announced, But since i'm not seeing that good of a feedback overall , Is it worth to actually wait? I saw people here that are OGs still waiting from 2017 , and probably it's a useless question cuz u know as much as i do ( not that much...).

But hey , i found out after 10 years that the game still has a community , so i got happy just by this. Since i haven t played the first two Betas , did the game changed that much? Or it s  the same game overall?

(Sorry for a not so perfect english , kinda rusty lately and 1st time writing on a forum so i didn t know how to write all of this.)

7 hours ago, Andrayz said:

When i was 8-9 circa ( like 2013-2014 ) I started playing this game , now since i was a kid and i'm talking about 10 years ago i don t remember if i played before or after surge ( the only big update i remember was that the main menu had a lobby now???? idk precisely ) but that s not the main point of all of this.

I used to play this game a lot , used to play a lot with friends , and was always excited when people from the same country as me ( Italy ) were discovering this game, either if they were hating or loving it. 

It was a part of my childhood , along with a lot of other games ( For example SKILL SF2 , don t know if any of u knows  it. )

Now 10 years later , 18 years old and towards the end of highschool , i found out that this game is still ""alive??"' If i can call it that way? I mean , as i see more posts on the forum i'm finding out that the game is still under development from 2017? And the devs release some news here and there once in a while. 

Lucky enough , seems like today the 3.0 beta is going to be announced, But since i'm not seeing that good of a feedback overall , Is it worth to actually wait? I saw people here that are OGs still waiting from 2017 , and probably it's a useless question cuz u know as much as i do ( not that much...).

But hey , i found out after 10 years that the game still has a community , so i got happy just by this. Since i haven t played the first two Betas , did the game changed that much? Or it s  the same game overall?

(Sorry for a not so perfect english , kinda rusty lately and 1st time writing on a forum so i didn t know how to write all of this.)

Well, stick around and see for yourself if the beta seems good enough and if not hope that they release them game like it was before. Personally I would say is worth playing it in the future if it's good, but you don't havt to do any of the waiting part, just sing up for the beta and do other stuff in the meantime, you don't need to be 24/7 on the forum or on the beta, none of us are. So it's worth the little wait you have to do.

They just announced the 3.0 beta we have no idea what its about or what its changed, it could be a positive move, bringing it more to what surge used to be, or they could double down on their previous efforst of making every weapon feel weak by giving everyone 2 billion health.

24 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

They just announced the 3.0 beta we have no idea what its about or what its changed, it could be a positive move, bringing it more to what surge used to be, or they could double down on their previous efforst of making every weapon feel weak by giving everyone 2 billion health.

Just 'cause i don't remember , when did surge happen? 

On 5/2/2023 at 12:26 PM, Andrayz said:

Hello there, I go by Slauj.

People have been waiting since 2017 since the website was made, but sources tell me the current developers working on the game, didn't actually start working on it in 2017, it started a few years later. Whether or not you want to believe this statement is up to you, I myself decided to believe it, just because I have no counterargument and haven't heard anything else from any reliable sources.

As for if the game is worth the wait. I'd say, first of all, no matter if you decide it's worth it to wait or not, nothing in your life should be changing while you wait, it's just about doing whatever you're already doing and when the release comes, you play if you so want to. As far as the actual gameplay goes, atm I wouldn't play it, however, just because of the developer team it makes me want to play it, they seem to be listening to feedback given by the player base, which to me is more important than anything else. There's not a lot of developers these day that listen to the community anymore, so I personally see a bright future for the game and I will be sitting and waiting patiently.

24 minutes ago, Ducks_are_Epic said:

Holy sh... I feel old.

You and me both, think i was in 6th grade when a friend introduced me to the game. Still remember it like it was yesterday even though it was half my life ago.