General Discussion

How would you feel about an MicroVolts Battle Royale mode

WhiteFang

Hey there!

As the title says, i'll just beginn poggers 💬

Since Battle Royale Games are really popular lately, i feel like it might be a great addition to the overall game? not to make it BR only, but to inplement a chooseable BR gamemode. It would be really interessting to see all the different weapons pickable as a toy character in maybe something like a whole wallmart as a map, or just a fantasy MicroVolts shop that fits the size for a BR map. Also i bet it would make many new people come to the game and stay aswell. Just my thoughts about it, feel free to tell me yours! 

I mean 50+ players aint to much, i see 5k people visiting all the posts here so i guess there actually will be some people that will want to play this game again. Also when it comes out that it has a BR mode, many new player will probably give it a look too and might stay? 

To be honest they should at least try it out cause you never know it might bring a lot of player to the game. And thats important for the game to keep on getting new updates and quality content, and i mean thats what we all want 

I feel like Battle Royale right now should not be a priority, its a possibility in the future, but right now its most important to fix the game originally... if the game will get huge improvement and is alive again, with people spending money and such, then they could use that fund to use to create Battle Royale Mode... But right now i feel like it could be a waste of money.

Because Battle Royale mode is not that easy to do... if you think of 50+ players in a lobby...

It could even create issues by doing it, it could split the players... so right now Battle Royale in my opinion is  a bad idea... but later on it could be a possibility... it depends on how well the game will grow.

• Like 2

Microvolts is an incredably fast paced game with a shit ton of spam. Just look at how you used to play the game, run in shoot a fucker in the face and then die from 50 million grenades, you wait a few seconds and respawn, thats how the game was and its fitting. You die fast and come back fast. Battle royales are slower and force people to be more careful which simply wouldnt work with the rolling chaos that is this game. Not every game needs a battle royale, this is one of them.

20 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

Microvolts is an incredably fast paced game with a shit ton of spam. Just look at how you used to play the game, run in shoot a fucker in the face and then die from 50 million grenades, you wait a few seconds and respawn, thats how the game was and its fitting. You die fast and come back fast. Battle royales are slower and force people to be more careful which simply wouldnt work with the rolling chaos that is this game. Not every game needs a battle royale, this is one of them.

Yeah makes sense, but i mean what if you dont have a weapon in the beginning and then if you get one you still would need to be carefull about what you do next since you might only have a sg or sniper? 

Also it would be really interesting to see picking up speed/hp based clothing 

22 hours ago, T-Low said:

Yeah makes sense, but i mean what if you dont have a weapon in the beginning and then if you get one you still would need to be carefull about what you do next since you might only have a sg or sniper? 

Also it would be really interesting to see picking up speed/hp based clothing 

Yes it sounds fun but this is like trying to combine all of your favourite foods into one thing, soungs good on paper but when you actually do it it becomes inedible.

To Keep that feeling of fast pace maybe a decent size store with a lore to make the zones smaller and instead of getting one weapon bec how you said we like to spam you could use boxes that gives you 2 random weapons instead of 1 that would make it so you can still spam but might not be the weapons you hoped for but the feeling is still there aswell as a Story lore is key bec if you just add a storm to microvolts or a toxic gas and it closes it just dont make sense the whole point I started playing the game was because of the lore or atleast the idea of toy figurines coming to alive that one video where they fight 1 min or so caputured my and kept me playing I was young back then but I still appreciate a good lore.

• Like 1

I think it could be cool, but I don't think it's what we need. Microvolts is special because it's fast paced, has unique gameplay, and has "arcade-like" fun game modes. Imagine Microvolts but you're doing nothing running around a huge map "looting" for 15 minutes, I don't think that'd be too fun. It's definitely doable though, with all the weapons Microvolts has it could be done, but would require a lot of balancing and great map design.

12 hours ago, Micro said:

I think it could be cool, but I don't think it's what we need. Microvolts is special because it's fast paced, has unique gameplay, and has "arcade-like" fun game modes. Imagine Microvolts but you're doing nothing running around a huge map "looting" for 15 minutes, I don't think that'd be too fun. It's definitely doable though, with all the weapons Microvolts has it could be done, but would require a lot of balancing and great map design.

Thats what im saying, it sounds kinda neat on paper but when you start thinking about it you realize that it just doesnt fit in. It wouldnt work well because the core mechanics of the game just dont blend in well enough with a battle royale game mode, kinda like how tf2 wouldnt work with it, something funny stupid is constantly happening and slowing that down would simply kill the fun, same applies with microvolts.