General Discussion

About the money

Mikachu

At first I would like to apologize for the English (translator). xD

And this post takes into account that there will be an SA server otherwise it is useless.

About the monetization, will there be regionalization or will it only be in dollars? Because on  the date of this post the dollar is approximately 5.5 times our currency (I know it's not the developers' problem but still..), it is difficult to spend more than 20 dollars (approximately 100 reais) on a single skin and since MicroVolts has many weapons and characters to customize, the price discourages most of the community from buying cash. GrandChase Classic came only in dollars and there was a lot of criticism about it and it was abandoned by the majority (not just in relation to the cash of course) I don't want to see that happen with another game that was part of my childhood.

That is a very good question and considering the game will be on steam i believe it will have in consideration all kinds of currencies. Though youll have to get someone who works with this to answer that question and at this stage of development im pretty sure they already thought of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

That is a very good question and considering the game will be on steam i believe it will have in consideration all kinds of currencies. Though youll have to get someone who works with this to answer that question and at this stage of development im pretty sure they already thought of this.

GrandChase it came through steam too and only had the dollar as currency, and I think the MV is very likely to be the same, which would be a shame

3 hours ago, Mikachu said:

And this post takes into account that there will be an SA server otherwise it is useless.

About the monetization, will there be regionalization or will it only be in dollars? Because on  the date of this post the dollar is approximately 5.5 times our currency (I know it's not the developers' problem but still..), it is difficult to spend more than 20 dollars (approximately 100 reais) on a single skin and since MicroVolts has many weapons and characters to customize, the price discourages most of the community from buying cash. GrandChase Classic came only in dollars and there was a lot of criticism about it and it was abandoned by the majority (not just in relation to the cash of course) I don't want to see that happen with another game that was part of my childhood.

you can enjoy the game free as well, and most likely there might be events or tournaments with ingame currency or items as reward.

price optimisation according to regions would lead into people creating accounts into those specific regions just to buy cheaper and would be a loss for them. and if they do that they would have to lock players on specific regions which would be bad if a region doesn't have much players they wouldn't be able to switch to the other servers and wouldn't be fair for anyone either.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, sw1ndle said:

you can enjoy the game free as well, and most likely there might be events or tournaments with ingame currency or items as reward.

price optimisation according to regions would lead into people creating accounts into those specific regions just to buy cheaper and would be a loss for them. and if they do that they would have to lock players on specific regions which would be bad if a region doesn't have much players they wouldn't be able to switch to the other servers and wouldn't be fair for anyone either.

That's what I'd be worried about, I'd just hope that they host events where you can RT/RT items, and also that MP has enough "value", like the MP capsule/hammers, stuff like that.

1 hour ago, sw1ndle said:

You are quite right, but as I said it is a post related to the SA server(if there is), if prices come and dollars they sell little and then the server will not be profitable, I know that by regionalizing the price, they lose out, but if they don't, they won't even have anything to lose, the vast majority really don't like to pay in dollars, including myself as I said, it's 5.5 times my currency. But I don't know the standard price of skins in dollars, so I might be crying for nothing.

13 hours ago, Mikachu said:

You are quite right, but as I said it is a post related to the SA server(if there is), if prices come and dollars they sell little and then the server will not be profitable, I know that by regionalizing the price, they lose out, but if they don't, they won't even have anything to lose, the vast majority really don't like to pay in dollars, including myself as I said, it's 5.5 times my currency. But I don't know the standard price of skins in dollars, so I might be crying for nothing.

They confirmed on another post there will be other servers than EU/NA. So there will be, probably not from the 1st day of release, but there will be.

Also that is a really good question , i also wouldn't particulary like to spent Dollars... but we will see i guess. If i remember correctly, in the old MV there weren't regional currencies , only dollars and euros ( i might be wrong tho)

• Like 1
On 11/18/2022 at 5:32 PM, Mikachu said:

This depends on them, and on steam, bcs steam takes less money from countries that aren't as rich but like, even here in Romania a dollar is around 5 of our curency or 4.5 something like that, it's still a lot and Romanian salaries are not that high either and steam still charges us in euros which are as expensive. So this is a good question and it depends on how they will monetize their game, they can chose to sell DLCs or to monetize through steam or have their own in game curency shop, so yeah, we'll see.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Sorel said:

This depends on them, and on steam, bcs steam takes less money from countries that aren't as rich but like, even here in Romania a dollar is around 5 of our curency or 4.5 something like that, it's still a lot and Romanian salaries are not that high either and steam still charges us in euros which are as expensive. So this is a good question and it depends on how they will monetize their game, they can chose to sell DLCs or to monetize through steam or have their own in game curency shop, so yeah, we'll see.

I just hope that some mod answers this doubt, let's wait

• Like 1

tbh unless u from some regions in south africa that are lacking the needs to survive properly or ur country is constantly in war like pakistan iraq or current situation in ukraine, i doubt there's really any need to adjust the price.

just like mentioned above romania also has poor economy

image.png.22f0b84af5cf8afca0be8b6813c15aa9.pngimage.png.0c9357fd37114a5a1e9d05906a6ebe7c.png

that doesn't mean they won't afford, in some scenarios you might see some afford more than others.

about monetize they're most likely to use steam system and their own website system as well.

Yeah, like regular people in romania usually can't afford it, with the minimum wage from both parents u can barely 'live comfortable' I know it is not even close as bad as it is in other country since we have food on our tables most of the time. And yeah there will be people everywhere that can afford more, bcs this is the difference between low class and high class there are people in Romania who can probably buy an entire city so if they want to buy they are going to, to be honest i always though steam pricing Romania is absurd since our minimum wage is around 400 euros, more or less. And there are other counries that are even more in need to balancing the pricing. So maybe this is something staff could think about cause after all you it's better to get some money than none.

Again can't quote bcs of the ss, they should fix that, it's very very annoying.

Edited by Sorel
  • Like 1

It's weird to see someone up against something that won't make any difference in his life in fact if you like the game it would only be better for you as regionalizing would end up in more sales taking the game to a bigger life.