General Discussion

Toywars Japanese voice lines in Microvolts

Keso555

A silly idea for some but really cool for others. Microvolts always had this anime looking style and back then on the Japanese Official Release, Toywars, the voice lines were great, in my opinion even better than the English voice lines. An option to switch the audio language in game is something pretty common in those days and probably a fine addition to this game.

• Like 5

That would be so cool! Specially for Japanese and Korean which tends to sound the best and the funniest one as well IMO. The original english voicelines are in a low quality-bitrate situation though, I bet they don't have the original mic-quality version of the same English voicelines :S

• Like 1

Yeah right? They hit more deep. Even if I can't understand Korean, I'm still curious to hear it too. The low quality-bitrate is something that they really could improve in the future even if they don't have the original mic-quality.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Keso555 said:

The low quality-bitrate is something that they really could improve in the future even if they don't have the original mic-quality.

As an audio expert, not sure how without the original recordings... there ain't such thing as an "AI audio upscaler" yet and if there is, it probably sounds a little artificial 😕 The most natural way is probably getting those voice actors back, which can be unbelievably hard for MasangSoft. Replacing those iconic voices would be a recipe for community backlash, and it kinda happened already. Players here in the first beta apparently were very mixed about the new weapon sounds, imagine how many people would dislike the voices being replaced instead.

3 hours ago, Keso555 said:

Yeah right? They hit more deep

Agreed that would a nice option to have, let's hope it's coming in v1.0 not only for those languages, but for all our fellow European friends (Italian, French, Portuguese, ...) and for other major languages (Spanish, Chinese ...), for those who want to play the game dubbed 🙂 although that's a pretty optimistic view and has 96.7% chance of NOT happening in the v1.0

Edited by miwafoxl
umu
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Keso555 said:

A silly idea for some but really cool for others. Microvolts always had this anime looking style and back then on the Japanese Official Release, Toywars, the voice lines were great, in my opinion even better than the English voice lines. An option to switch the audio language in game is something pretty common in those days and probably a fine addition to this game.

Black cat profile pic? 😅

• Like 1
1 hour ago, miwafoxl said:

As an audio expert, not sure how without the original recordings... there ain't such thing as an "AI audio upscaler" yet and if there is, it probably sounds a little artificial 😕 The most natural way is probably getting those voice actors back, which can be unbelievably hard for MasangSoft. Replacing those iconic voices would be a recipe for community backlash, and it kinda happened already. Players here in the first beta apparently were very mixed about the new weapon sounds, imagine how many people would dislike the voices being replaced instead.

Agreed that would a nice option to have, let's hope it's coming in v1.0 not only for those languages, but for all our fellow European friends (Italian, French, Portuguese, ...) and for other major languages (Spanish, Chinese ...), for those who want to play the game dubbed 🙂 although that's a pretty optimistic view and has 96.7% chance of NOT happening in the v1.0

You probably right, they can enhance a little but not enough, otherwise it will sound weird. Getting the original voice actors is probably a mission impossible movie, but there is always a ray of hope for a Remaster version, even if it's really low. What they could do...is to create a new version called Remake, Revamped, New...or something like that, with new similar voice actors and keep the old version without changing it's core, so the players would have more choices and everyone will be satisfied.

New voice lines shouldn't be in the v1.0, because they have way more important things to do, like fixing the base game, there are still a lot of bugs in this game. These bugs were supposed to be gone a long time ago. The voices lines are really cool functions to make the game grow and they are supposed to happen in the future, when the game is finally stable.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

I had never heard the japanese voice lines but man chip sounds nothing like i was expecting, its so damn manly and sexy!

Haha, I get ya.

42 minutes ago, NorMan said:

Black cat profile pic? 😅

Yup, well spotted! Train Heartnet, Number XIII, the one and only!

6 hours ago, Keso555 said:

Getting the original voice actors is probably a mission impossible movie

Sure it is, I would be quite impressed if they manage to get them back 🙂

6 hours ago, Keso555 said:

New voice lines shouldn't be in the v1.0, because they have way more important things to do, like fixing the base game, there are still a lot of bugs in this game. These bugs were supposed to be gone a long time ago. The voices lines are really cool functions to make the game grow and they are supposed to happen in the future, when the game is finally stable.

Yes, the language localization is probably in very low priority since neither the original MV was properly localized anyways kek

On 11/11/2022 at 2:43 AM, sukimajk said:

In Japanese ToyWars, each character had multiple voices and the option to switch between them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSkcV2FXD4U&t=3500s

I remember that now, thanks for mention it. That is something they really could use in game. Toywars was so cool, better than Microvolts back then.

• Like 1