General Discussion

PROMOTION

rapalix

Hey,

I was wondering if the game is going to have some sort of promotion? I mean i think i would be great for the develepers to promote this game to some ytbers just to get more players in order to be able to maintain the game. What do you think about it? Giving the ytbers RP to make some capsule openings. Like, just for an example what I mean: FIFA, ytbers get fifa points to make a content of opening packs with players. What are your thoughts guys! Have a great night! ๐Ÿ™‚

They definitely should do some type of advertising when the game gets close to it's full release. Especially since it'll be available on Steam, making the game far easier to play and open to a wider audience.

• Like 1

I am a youtuber with 1500 subs i made a bunch of mv content back in the day but i have since removed it if the company would sponsor me i would 100% make a whole vid dedicated to this game and why i love it.

4 hours ago, darkree64 said:

I am a youtuber with 1500 subs i made a bunch of mv content back in the day but i have since removed it if the company would sponsor me i would 100% make a whole vid dedicated to this game and why i love it.

if some romanians on tiktok with 400-500k followers mainstream and known are willingly to advertise their childhood game(mv) for nothing why wouldn't you do the same if you love it without expecting anything other than knowing you helped it grow to a level of popularity this game most of us wished for in our hearts ig?

Yah but the post is about sponsorship. I have already told people in my live streams why i love this game all I'm saying is if the game devs (WANT)to sponsor people with money that it be cool a cool idea. Also tiktok followers are easy to get i have About 90k i started tiktok 4 months ago and im posting content every week YouTube is a lot harder to get followers on if you didn't know.

12 minutes ago, darkree64 said:

Yah but the post is about sponsorship. I have already told people in my live streams why i love this game all I'm saying is if the game devs (WANT)to sponsor people with money that it be cool a cool idea. Also tiktok followers are easy to get i have About 90k i started tiktok 4 months ago and im posting content every week YouTube is a lot harder to get followers on if you didn't know.

tbh they would probably stick to refferal system and give out rewards depending on how far the player that used his refferal code progressed in the game like level for mp rewards and maybe a percentage bonus rt for each transaction x ammount that player spends on the game.

probably that would be most fair solution.

This is a very good idea toy hero's online (the illegal copy of microvolts) has a similar system where you earn candy's and hearts to redeem for points and rewards. This would be the best solution. They could also got the extra mile and let you redeem points for cash.

• Like 1

Without advertisements this game won't last long, just saying. i knew this game from an ad on youtube back in 2011 so yeah, they have to do it at some point.

Edited by Kratos
  • Like 1

If most of the old mv players start playing this game again we will have plenty of streamers and youtubers. They even encourage people playing on beta to steram it on twitch but i don't think they should get some kind of reward for this bcs this comes with a set of problems. For example inequality in viwers between ytbers results in creatuing both meaningful and meaningless promotions thus there will be a inequality in rewards. Not everybody is capable on becoming famous over night by posting mv videos no matter how hard they work and there will be unfairness about who gets reward and who doesn't and if they decide to give it to anyone who posts on the internet about mv everybody will start doing it for rewards only. Youtubers and streamers should get enough by using the very good recruitment system, they should put their recruitment link in their bio or in the video's description if we are talking about yt and if people chose to play based on their stream they will get rewards for actually brining poeple who play hours into the game and also anybody can get they without exposing themselves on social platforms.

You make a good point Sorel. They could also just do a creator code for example you would have a code and then you would tell people if they are buying RT to use your code to support the channel. In the end though i don't think The microvolts team has that kind of money to spare they are a small team with not a lot of funding.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Sorel said:

If most of the old mv players start playing this game again we will have plenty of streamers and youtubers. They even encourage people playing on beta to steram it on twitch but i don't think they should get some kind of reward for this bcs this comes with a set of problems. For example inequality in viwers between ytbers results in creatuing both meaningful and meaningless promotions thus there will be a inequality in rewards. Not everybody is capable on becoming famous over night by posting mv videos no matter how hard they work and there will be unfairness about who gets reward and who doesn't and if they decide to give it to anyone who posts on the internet about mv everybody will start doing it for rewards only. Youtubers and streamers should get enough by using the very good recruitment system, they should put their recruitment link in their bio or in the video's description if we are talking about yt and if people chose to play based on their stream they will get rewards for actually brining poeple who play hours into the game and also anybody can get they without exposing themselves on social platforms.

I can't believe this is a hill people choose to die on. Twitch drops exist and become exclusive all the time. Why do alot of MV players sound so entitled with how rewards get distributed? It's such a childish stance honestly.

ย 

"everybody will start doing it for the rewards only"ย 

That's literally the point, you gain more people doing free advertising and the ones who stay will ALSO do the same thing in an effort to gain rewards and thus creating a functional cycle of players. I don't think you understand the point of a reward system. It's not just to keep players in, it's to get new players as well, if people are advertising the reward system AND getting rewards in return, what's the problem? Because some big streamer might have rarer items than you? Cuz that's the only "issue" I'd see here. People will be needing to invest hours into a recruit system anyway so your entire post is kind of a nothing burger honestly.

ย 

6 hours ago, darkree64 said:

You make a good point Sorel. They could also just do a creator code for example you would have a code and then you would tell people if they are buying RT to use your code to support the channel. In the end though i don't think The microvolts team has that kind of money to spare they are a small team with not a lot of funding.

Look, I get that you're a "youtube" guy or whatever and is trying your best to capitalize on the revival of microvolts, but creator codes literally do nothing for the game in terms of advertisement and are solely meant to give small profits back to content creators, but people abuse creator codes and spam them maliciously to get free cashback on random people and it'll just create an unhealthy enviornment for the game (even moreso than it already has).

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I can't believe this is a hill people choose to die on. Twitch drops exist and become exclusive all the time. Why do alot of MV players sound so entitled with how rewards get distributed? It's such a childish stance honestly.

ย 

"everybody will start doing it for the rewards only"ย 

That's literally the point, you gain more people doing free advertising and the ones who stay will ALSO do the same thing in an effort to gain rewards and thus creating a functional cycle of players. I don't think you understand the point of a reward system. It's not just to keep players in, it's to get new players as well, if people are advertising the reward system AND getting rewards in return, what's the problem? Because some big streamer might have rarer items than you? Cuz that's the only "issue" I'd see here. People will be needing to invest hours into a recruit system anyway so your entire post is kind of a nothing burger honestly.

ย 

Look, I get that you're a "youtube" guy or whatever and is trying your best to capitalize on the revival of microvolts, but creator codes literally do nothing for the game in terms of advertisement and are solely meant to give small profits back to content creators, but people abuse creator codes and spam them maliciously to get free cashback on random people and it'll just create an unhealthy enviornment for the game (even moreso than it already has).

I can't believe how hypocritical some people can be, u all cry about the balance of the game and how it's not fair that people investing moeny in the game get better items or rarer items than you and then you come at me with such a sentance as 'because some big streamers might have rarer ietms than you'. Yes it bothers me as a person who is willing to invest a big sume of money in this game in the future bcs i like it that some people just bcs they chose to expose themselves on social platforms have a chance to items that can't be reached by people like me who have anxiety to even put their face online. And even if i was willing to, starting now will still make it impossible for me to grow fast enough to achive a bigger streamer's viewers. As I said and u ignored it, there are many ways to reward players especially for bringing players into the game, for instance the recruiting system which works very good for both parties, even recruits get better rewards for it. And considering u actually promote people getting into the game to do a fking video for some rewards instead of just getting into it bcs they like it and being rewarded for playtime, number of kills, events and stuff like that is bad... And also as I said, giving reward is a good ideea if u give them equally but if they do that a lot of people will be unhappy, so yeah, i am not salty about what i want, there are gonna be many people displeased with reward inequality for doing a video.

2 hours ago, Sorel said:

I can't believe how hypocritical some people can be, u all cry about the balance of the game and how it's not fair that people investing moeny in the game get better items or rarer items than you and then you come at me with such a sentance as 'because some big streamers might have rarer ietms than you'. Yes it bothers me as a person who is willing to invest a big sume of money in this game in the future bcs i like it that some people just bcs they chose to expose themselves on social platforms have a chance to items that can't be reached by people like me who have anxiety to even put their face online. And even if i was willing to, starting now will still make it impossible for me to grow fast enough to achive a bigger streamer's viewers. As I said and u ignored it, there are many ways to reward players especially for bringing players into the game, for instance the recruiting system which works very good for both parties, even recruits get better rewards for it. And considering u actually promote people getting into the game to do a fking video for some rewards instead of just getting into it bcs they like it and being rewarded for playtime, number of kills, events and stuff like that is bad... And also as I said, giving reward is a good ideea if u give them equally but if they do that a lot of people will be unhappy, so yeah, i am not salty about what i want, there are gonna be many people displeased with reward inequality for doing a video.

Don't take this personally, but you really need to grow up. You completely ignored every point in my post and made it a personal issue about you and got extremely upset when you could have just disagreed with me and I would have been fine with that.ย 

ย 

"Yes it bothers me as a person who is willing to invest a big sume of money in this game in the future bcs i like it that some people just bcs they chose to expose themselves on social platforms have a chance to items that can't be reached by people like me who have anxiety to even put their face online."

ย 

This is probably the most selfish take I've seen on these forums, even moreso than NorMan's posts I swear. This is a video game, not the stock market or NFTs. Also stop speaking for other people, it's a disgusting habbit of yours. You think people are beneath you for making videos and not potentially investing money on microvolts....it's sad. And I don't mean that in a "troll" way just to "get you angry", it's genuinely a sad and pathetic hill to die on. Get off your high horse, stop throwing a temper tantrum, and learn to accept that this game isn't just for you and what you want.

ย 

If you're going to reply to me with another hissy fit, I don't want to hear it, but if you want to discuss the topic some more as mature people, then I'm more inclined to hear you out.

Fg7wKMGXoAA6tet.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know why u are saying hissy fit and stuff like that as if I am shouting or something, yes i indeed made the response a bit more personal bcs u and many others are all for no p2w equality and stuff like that. The game can offer many rewards that can get you rewards through playing and having some luck. No it is not a disgusting habit to talk for more people, i do not count people, i talk to people regulary i've been on this forum for a long time, there are many people too shy to reply bcs there are people like you waiting to criticize everything, u literally turn my words all the time u reply to me on the forum even though i am always civilized, sometimes i take some stuff more personally, and don't come up with lines like 'grow up' or 'get off your high horse' I do not pretend to be better than others. We can chose to turn each other's words around all day especially when u don't understand what my message is and most of the time end up criticizing me, but at the and of the day we are complete strangers and you know nothing about me and I know nothing about you. Yes i have a very big flame in my heart for this game that's why i am willing to die on a hill. And again, as I said twice already, I am not against rewards for promotions if they are equal, especially bcs we don't need enequality in free promotion rewards when a person with a high number of viwers can get more than great rewards just from the recruitment system and it can benefit both the streamers and the people signing up with the recruitment link. That is real promotion, that is a system that can not be cheated, u get rewards from bringing lifelong players and they get rewards too. I can not stress it enough that I have discused with a minimum of good will and good intentions and I have made the same point 3 times with this message in hoped u actually read the entire message and skip the part that u consider too personal or controversial, that is if you are so mature that u consider urself qualified to criticize people from behind a screen, and actually talk on the topic and on all the points I made not only that part where i say i consider it not ok for stremers to get great rewards in an instant for free just for promoting. Maybe chose to take things a little less personal urself in the future, all I said u are a hypocrit for that line, not another thing, and that was not rly a personal attack, but I guess u understand whatever u want. Have a nice day. And after criticizing me if you can't take this message yourself or be 'mature' enough to ignore the part that you don't like and actually look again to all the points I made and comment on them combinet not only on the first half that seems selfish to you, than it is not a problem, not everyone is built to be friends we can ignore each other, or barely talk to each other on the forum or chose to mute each other if that is not possible. Have a nice day! sry i can't quote you bcs of the image u posted i guess, error 403 or something u will find this eventually.

Edited by Sorel
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, Sorel said:

I don't know why u are saying hissy fit and stuff like that as if I am shouting or something, yes i indeed made the response a bit more personal bcs u and many others are all for no p2w equality and stuff like that. The game can offer many rewards that can get you rewards through playing and having some luck. No it is not a disgusting habit to talk for more people, i do not count people, i talk to people regulary i've been on this forum for a long time, there are many people too shy to reply bcs there are people like you waiting to criticize everything, u literally turn my words all the time u reply to me on the forum even though i am always civilized, sometimes i take some stuff more personally, and don't come up with lines like 'grow up' or 'get off your high horse' I do not pretend to be better than others. We can chose to turn each other's words around all day especially when u don't understand what my message is and most of the time end up criticizing me, but at the and of the day we are complete strangers and you know nothing about me and I know nothing about you. Yes i have a very big flame in my heart for this game that's why i am willing to die on a hill. And again, as I said twice already, I am not against rewards for promotions if they are equal, especially bcs we don't need enequality in free promotion rewards when a person with a high number of viwers can get more than great rewards just from the recruitment system and it can benefit both the streamers and the people signing up with the recruitment link. That is real promotion, that is a system that can not be cheated, u get rewards from bringing lifelong players and they get rewards too. I can not stress it enough that I have discused with a minimum of good will and good intentions and I have made the same point 3 times with this message in hoped u actually read the entire message and skip the part that u consider too personal or controversial, that is if you are so mature that u consider urself qualified to criticize people from behind a screen, and actually talk on the topic and on all the points I made not only that part where i say i consider it not ok for stremers to get great rewards in an instant for free just for promoting. Maybe chose to take things a little less personal urself in the future, all I said u are a hypocrit for that line, not another thing, and that was not rly a personal attack, but I guess u understand whatever u want. Have a nice day. And after criticizing me if you can't take this message yourself or be 'mature' enough to ignore the part that you don't like and actually look again to all the points I made and comment on them combinet not only on the first half that seems selfish to you, than it is not a problem, not everyone is built to be friends we can ignore each other, or barely talk to each other on the forum or chose to mute each other if that is not possible. Have a nice day! sry i can't quote you bcs of the image u posted i guess, error 403 or something u will find this eventually.

Just stop, seriously, this ego thing isn't healthy.