General Discussion

How do we know they aren't just going to release the same game?

darkree64

How do we know they're not going to give us the same game we had back in 2017? I don't want to be negative, but I'm truly worried that they will release the game then drip feed us content. Take a look at the closed beta you can't tell me it's not identical to microvolts. Can someone please tell me if they added anything new to the game's beta such as maps weapons' game mode items, etc. I have watched a bunch of video's on the closed beta and it's disappointing that i could not see anything remotely different form the old game.

all the changes made from the beta were mechanical not cosmetic changes. They did say they added new clothes/sets for the 4 main characters (chip,naomi,pandora,knox).

As for the changes that will be made and the main reason were here

1. Balanced weapons=No p2w just cosmetic difference

2.Ranked system

3.rework of alot weapons

4.Introduction to armor (which personally i wasn't a big fan of but it was cool to see)

5.Upgradable Clothing

6.Original game Bug fixes

(so far those are the ones that can come to my head)

• Like 2

That's all great but they are using the same game engine they used back when H.A.V.E Online came out. They have not changed the gameplay at all
Did you see the beta they literally have not changed anything to the core gameplay. They might off added clothing more ways to spend your money and a few bug fixes but its really not acceptable for a game coming out in 2022 to look like a 2012 game.

4 hours ago, darkree64 said:

That's all great but they are using the same game engine they used back when H.A.V.E Online came out. They have not changed the gameplay at all
Did you see the beta they literally have not changed anything to the core gameplay. They might off added clothing more ways to spend your money and a few bug fixes but its really not acceptable for a game coming out in 2022 to look like a 2012 game.

only time will tell my friend

• Like 1

Thats the thing, we dont know what they will release. We have a general idea of what they plan on doing but even still its not much. What we do know is that they are willing to make large changes to the game to achieve their goals of removing pay to win and rebalancing the game, even though the balance of surge wasnt as bad as people made it out to be.

• Like 1

The point was never to make a completely new game, but just to bring microvolts back.

We WANT the same gameplay style, it would be a waste for microvolts to just copy what other 2022 games are doing.

Edited by HaniHeger
8 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

Thats the thing, we dont know what they will release. We have a general idea of what they plan on doing but even still its not much. What we do know is that they are willing to make large changes to the game to achieve their goals of removing pay to win and rebalancing the game, even though the balance of surge wasnt as bad as people made it out to be.

I actually agree with this, there was only a handful of weapons and sets that broke the meta, the rest could have just tweaked afew numbers and all would have been right.

if you ask me for them most optimal solution and cost wise would be sticking to gamebryo and if they really want just get latest version of it for more optimisations.(it used to be mostly a common game engine used by koreean devs same goes for xigncode)

now if you want to have your game without much efforts and have decent graphics as you suggested yeah most people would use unity or unreal engine, but they also forget that those 2 engines are used in most games new a days and due of that fact there's tons of resources and info about them and how to make cheats for them, that would be one of the reasons people still struggle to cheat(talking about proper cheats) on this old game engines , because there's not much info on them and only leftovers from people with experience that don't need others help.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I actually agree with this, there was only a handful of weapons and sets that broke the meta, the rest could have just tweaked afew numbers and all would have been right.

Exactly the problem was the mix of rt weapons being slightly better alongside being far easier to upgrade, couple that with people with the money spending it on upping their shit to lvl 9 and you have the old balance problems.

I really hope they don't screw us over. I love this game with a passion but the beta has really left me shock, All i want is them to release the game and update it.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:16 PM, darkree64 said:

How do we know they're not going to give us the same game we had back in 2017? I don't want to be negative, but I'm truly worried that they will release the game then drip feed us content. Take a look at the closed beta you can't tell me it's not identical to microvolts. Can someone please tell me if they added anything new to the game's beta such as maps weapons' game mode items, etc. I have watched a bunch of video's on the closed beta and it's disappointing that i could not see anything remotely different form the old game.

A closed beta is not meant to have several items it's meant have a few items in order to test the game. They did do something, they tried to balance wepons and parts, they didn't succed in my opinion, it would have been much esier to just use the weapons system from ToyHeroes bcs it's trully a good idea and just make all parts give the same stats for speed and hp and stuff like that, no broken parts and wepons just equal and the rest can rmain the same. Also they did not fix the bugs and glitches from the old mv. It was fun to play and I can assure you they won't release the game exactly like it was in 2017.

1 hour ago, Sorel said:

A closed beta is not meant to have several items it's meant have a few items in order to test the game. They did do something, they tried to balance wepons and parts, they didn't succed in my opinion, it would have been much esier to just use the weapons system from ToyHeroes bcs it's trully a good idea and just make all parts give the same stats for speed and hp and stuff like that, no broken parts and wepons just equal and the rest can rmain the same. Also they did not fix the bugs and glitches from the old mv. It was fun to play and I can assure you they won't release the game exactly like it was in 2017.

mv wouldn't be mv anymore if you would have same stats all over and over again, examples would be bazookas like bolt or grenades like blizzard or firestorm, entire mv weapon systems had tons of customisations that most ppl forget that was a thing that made mv fun even if some parts of it was p2w.

and toyheroes is far away from the skins ideea, since they don't have same stats, they just splitted in some categories to have easier time to copy and paste the stats and not generate something new and didn't attempt on doing directly skins system with all same stats due of a essential fact he lacks creativity and design, in simple terms its just a simplified version of original mv system to not struggle much about stats.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, sw1ndle said:

mv wouldn't be mv anymore if you would have same stats all over and over again, examples would be bazookas like bolt or grenades like blizzard or firestorm, entire mv weapon systems had tons of customisations that most ppl forget that was a thing that made mv fun even if some parts of it was p2w.

and toyheroes is far away from the skins ideea, since they don't have same stats, they just splitted in some categories to have easier time to copy and paste the stats and not generate something new and didn't attempt on doing directly skins system with all same stats due of a essential fact he lacks creativity and design, in simple terms its just a simplified version of original mv system to not struggle much about stats.

U forget that i am a person who actually is in between with the not p2w ideea bcs i do believe it is gonna kill the game at some point. And yes, the Toy Heroes system might not be brilliant but it's much better than masangsoft's ideea of balancig the items, far better. The wepons u mentioned are secret wepons from zombie and having them into the game does make the game funnier, and yes i rly do agree that we need variety in stats but most of the comunity doesn't want that bcs they want the game not to be p2w. So be it, make it balanced but balance it in a better way, I gave an example with the 3 weapons system from Toy heroes bcs it is fra, far better than what masangsoft did to items, especially to chlotes and accs.

1 hour ago, Sorel said:

U forget that i am a person who actually is in between with the not p2w ideea bcs i do believe it is gonna kill the game at some point. And yes, the Toy Heroes system might not be brilliant but it's much better than masangsoft's ideea of balancig the items, far better. The wepons u mentioned are secret wepons from zombie and having them into the game does make the game funnier, and yes i rly do agree that we need variety in stats but most of the comunity doesn't want that bcs they want the game not to be p2w. So be it, make it balanced but balance it in a better way, I gave an example with the 3 weapons system from Toy heroes bcs it is fra, far better than what masangsoft did to items, especially to chlotes and accs.

uhm bolt is arms race weapon, and most of this weapons been released not only on zombie mode or arms race on previous versions.

the balancing masangsoft did was random i doubt they really thought much off the first balancing since they swapped every weapon stat most likely to see community reaction and collect data as i said before.

about what clothes and accessories removing explosion and armor, this was already a thing before before mv surge/plaza era update on each region version.

i think ppl forget that toyheroes used for 3-4 years the original mv stats until they started the balancing anything.

comparing to toyheroes don't you think that masangsoft approach in their first closed beta and seems second as well to be mostly related to balancing stats based on players feedback. 

if you ask me i'd favor masangsoft anytime considering what they're trying first is to listen to community and balance stuff even if they're lacking experience with the game, while toyheroes's first priority and approach they did in first year was swapping their default paypal system with multiple bots to avoid chargebacks and do more money laundering by adding paysafecard manually codes through support or amazon gift cards? or how most of their system ended up being against f2p players probably would explain why they didn't had company 2017-2019 registered but eventually 2019-2021 they made around 350k~ usd(most of this info is available online if you know where to search for).

idk why people think this current team has worked for 5 years on this game, yeah it might be true they got the game rights around 2017 around same time now, but that doesn't mean they started right ahead working on a game without having a team, budget, plans and so on, this kind of stuff do take time, considering even now they have low budget you could guess it took them a while to get atleast that much to have a start atleast.

about current team or probably previous one since i think they swapped director or team together around 2020 for some unknown reason if i remember, they might be related to a old companycalled gamengame that was partnered or probably a small branch that was part of masangsoft, they were publishers for microvolts online(some sort of dev version where they would test things) and also got transfered rights from microwars latin/brasil versions.(pretty much from where current level icons come from).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, sw1ndle said:

uhm bolt is arms race weapon, and most of this weapons been released not only on zombie mode or arms race on previous versions.

the balancing masangsoft did was random i doubt they really thought much off the first balancing since they swapped every weapon stat most likely to see community reaction and collect data as i said before.

about what clothes and accessories removing explosion and armor, this was already a thing before before mv surge/plaza era update on each region version.

i think ppl forget that toyheroes used for 3-4 years the original mv stats until they started the balancing anything.

comparing to toyheroes don't you think that masangsoft approach in their first closed beta and seems second as well to be mostly related to balancing stats based on players feedback. 

if you ask me i'd favor masangsoft anytime considering what they're trying first is to listen to community and balance stuff even if they're lacking experience with the game, while toyheroes's first priority and approach they did in first year was swapping their default paypal system with multiple bots to avoid chargebacks and do more money laundering by adding paysafecard manually codes through support or amazon gift cards? or how most of their system ended up being against f2p players probably would explain why they didn't had company 2017-2019 registered but eventually 2019-2021 they made around 350k~ usd(most of this info is available online if you know where to search for).

idk why people think this current team has worked for 5 years on this game, yeah it might be true they got the game rights around 2017 around same time now, but that doesn't mean they started right ahead working on a game without having a team, budget, plans and so on, this kind of stuff do take time, considering even now they have low budget you could guess it took them a while to get atleast that much to have a start atleast.

about current team or probably previous one since i think they swapped director or team together around 2020 for some unknown reason if i remember, they might be related to a old companycalled gamengame that was partnered or probably a small branch that was part of masangsoft, they were publishers for microvolts online(some sort of dev version where they would test things) and also got transfered rights from microwars latin/brasil versions.(pretty much from where current level icons come from).

So basically the game was probably in developer hell, like metroid prime 4 is right now lmao. The main issue I personally have is that all their current other games (masangsoft) have bombed hard. So I'm alittle more critical over how they're going to handle MV. They do seem to be taking our feedback so only time will tell. I always do like how much insight you have in your posts btw, how do you know alot of these smaller details? Just extensive research I'm guessing?

On 11/5/2022 at 7:57 AM, darkree64 said:

It'd would be impossible to simply just "change game engines" with how outdated MV is. The look of the game, besides maybe some UI elements will likely stay the same. If they had a larger team, I could expect more changes like redoing certain textures and whatnot, but that's likely unrealistic with the resources they have. They're taking what we're used to, and making it what it could have once been, which I think people should be a bit more grateful because they didn't have to do anything with this game at all.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I always do like how much insight you have in your posts btw, how do you know alot of these smaller details? Just extensive research I'm guessing?

probably my name or if you heard of me might explain things out

22 hours ago, sw1ndle said:

I do agree that they need time to make it better but it is best if they do the same and just use old stats until they find a way to balance or use the already semi ok balancig system of toy heroes. I totally would chose masangsoft too but they can actually take the example from them bcs they did a few ok things.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:57 PM, darkree64 said:

Why would the gameplay need to change in the first place?