General Discussion

Don't overthink developers

Meat

Just release the game in the state you bought it. Make sure there are no issues downloading it, and logging in. About balancing of weapons, characters and cosmetics let the community decide and update the game weekly. 

Beta phases are a waste of time. Once the real deal is on your playerbase will make everything clear of what is needed over time. You dev's were basically silent for over 3 years, and all you have done is run the game into the ground instead of building it up from the ground. There is not a single soul who actually liked any of the changes.

No need to play around with driver having movic stats, and the upgrade system going to level one. Just release the game exactly as it was minus all the bugs, glitches and server crashes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Last part is a good idea but releasing the game in a state that the community wouldnt like would be a big problem since first impressions matter a ton, look at cyberpunk 2077 only now are people comming back after that disasterous launch, masangsoft doesnt want this so they went with a closed beta and will most likely go with another, this way they can change the game to be what we want which ensures people will stick around.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Meat said:

Just release the game in the state you bought it. Make sure there are no issues downloading it, and logging in. About balancing of weapons, characters and cosmetics let the community decide and update the game weekly. 

Beta phases are a waste of time. Once the real deal is on your playerbase will make everything clear of what is needed over time. You dev's were basically silent for over 3 years, and all you have done is run the game into the ground instead of building it up from the ground. There is not a single soul who actually liked any of the changes.

No need to play around with driver having movic stats, and the upgrade system going to level one. Just release the game exactly as it was minus all the bugs, glitches and server crashes. 

i beat my meat to this comment

21 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

Last part is a good idea but releasing the game in a state that the community wouldnt like would be a big problem since first impressions matter a ton, look at cyberpunk 2077 only now are people comming back after that disasterous launch, masangsoft doesnt want this so they went with a closed beta and will most likely go with another, this way they can change the game to be what we want which ensures people will stick around.

So you're claiming people won't stick around if they release the game in the state they bought it in. Let's go over the facts:

were there lots and lots of people playing, trading, chilling, chatting ingame before closure? Yes.

Were there many different rooms full of mp and rt players all the time all day long? Yes.

Did people generally like updates and did they go all out with their money when a update just happend? Yes.

Now imagine all of those people who stopped playing because of the main reason being bugs, glitches, hackers, server crashes and huge lag due to host. Return because it no longer is an issue. 

You've gotta think about it from a perspective of someone who's never played the game before. With it being released on Steam, it's much more widely available and will get far more attention that way for new players to download it and give it a try. MV by design is as far as it gets from being beginner friendly, they've made changes to help fix that issue, which is incredibly important, whether or not you're willing to acknowledge it. If MV was "good enough" at the point where it shut down, it wouldn't have shut down. It didn't bring in enough money with it's relatively small playerbase. The only people who stuck with the game through it's entire lifetime were the ones that didn't have much of a problem with the P2W aspect of the game, because if you didn't spend money, or spend a ridiculous amount of time grinding to catch up, you'd never be on the same playing field. People were also disappointed with the beta, and they fixed many bugs, rebalanced weapons, and even then many people were still upset, which is more than you asked for in your post alone.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Micro said:

People were also disappointed with the beta, and they fixed many bugs, rebalanced weapons, and even then many people were still upset, which is more than you asked for in your post alone.

...they fixed bugs in the beta? Every glitch still existed. The only thing they did was rebalance weapons. I'm going to need a list of these "many bugs". If anything they added more bugs like the wrench runspeed issue, no ambience in maps, and UI glitches.

7 hours ago, Micro said:

You've gotta think about it from a perspective of someone who's never played the game before. With it being released on Steam, it's much more widely available and will get far more attention that way for new players to download it and give it a try. MV by design is as far as it gets from being beginner friendly, they've made changes to help fix that issue, which is incredibly important, whether or not you're willing to acknowledge it. If MV was "good enough" at the point where it shut down, it wouldn't have shut down. It didn't bring in enough money with it's relatively small playerbase. The only people who stuck with the game through it's entire lifetime were the ones that didn't have much of a problem with the P2W aspect of the game, because if you didn't spend money, or spend a ridiculous amount of time grinding to catch up, you'd never be on the same playing field. People were also disappointed with the beta, and they fixed many bugs, rebalanced weapons, and even then many people were still upset, which is more than you asked for in your post alone.

Again pay to win is just a concept made up by bad players. If you are actually good you can still win with mp weapons against someone being full RT. 

If you want you could create a room with beginners only or join CSD rooms. You can choose. Nobody is telling a beginner to join a room full of lvl 100 players who are full gods and simon tank. Make a level limit cap for a room... it's that easy to solve. i can't imagine lvl 10 or 20 beginners having alot of "pay to win" items to their disposal. 

By changing this game from "pay to win" to normal and "fair" you make it extremely boring. It will die as quickly as Overwatch the only reason they kept it up was because they had abilities unique to characters in the game, and with new maps, heroes, skins they kept going for a couple years. My point here is imagine a game with only 7 weapons, no abilities, no new characters (that actually change gameplay) Having NO variety in stats it won't last 6 months. To keep a game running for 10+ years there must be always change. You can't have an update without making something stronger, faster, cooler, etc. 

Also the player base wasn't remotely small like you claimed. Also like you mentioned it being available on steam means the game will be more popular. So what is there really to worry about? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
1 hour ago, Meat said:

Again pay to win is just a concept made up by bad players. If you are actually good you can still win with mp weapons against someone being full RT. 

If you want you could create a room with beginners only or join CSD rooms. You can choose. Nobody is telling a beginner to join a room full of lvl 100 players who are full gods and simon tank. Make a level limit cap for a room... it's that easy to solve. i can't imagine lvl 10 or 20 beginners having alot of "pay to win" items to their disposal. 

By changing this game from "pay to win" to normal and "fair" you make it extremely boring. It will die as quickly as Overwatch the only reason they kept it up was because they had abilities unique to characters in the game, and with new maps, heroes, skins they kept going for a couple years. My point here is imagine a game with only 7 weapons, no abilities, no new characters (that actually change gameplay) Having NO variety in stats it won't last 6 months. To keep a game running for 10+ years there must be always change. You can't have an update without making something stronger, faster, cooler, etc. 

Also the player base wasn't remotely small like you claimed. Also like you mentioned it being available on steam means the game will be more popular. So what is there really to worry about? 

I only have afew things to say.

1. The game died faster than overwatch "did" (overwatch never died outside from moving to overwatch 2, which is active btw).

2. People can, and will, make smurf accounts. So the level locked rooms won't do anything besides halve how many active rooms the game has.

3. The game is very niches, the playerbase is and always will be small even with steam popularity, only good changes and QoL can fix that, which at the moment we've heard nothing because alot of devs these days think the "not keeping people updated" mentality is good for some reason.

4. The beta was a mess, there's alot to worry about.

5. You want the meta to revert to how it was, but say the game needs to change, which is it.

Sorry but your post is an absolute garbage take on the game and coping won't make the game any better. I've been noticing alot of coping lately on the forums and all that'll do is cause the downfall of the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I only have afew things to say.

1. The game died faster than overwatch "did" (overwatch never died outside from moving to overwatch 2, which is active btw).

2. People can, and will, make smurf accounts. So the level locked rooms won't do anything besides halve how many active rooms the game has.

3. The game is very niches, the playerbase is and always will be small even with steam popularity, only good changes and QoL can fix that, which at the moment we've heard nothing because alot of devs these days think the "not keeping people updated" mentality is good for some reason.

4. The beta was a mess, there's alot to worry about.

5. You want the meta to revert to how it was, but say the game needs to change, which is it.

Sorry but your post is an absolute garbage take on the game and coping won't make the game any better. I've been noticing alot of coping lately on the forums and all that'll do is cause the downfall of the game. 

bro literally spoke fax right here. there's literally nothing else that should be said 🙂

Those who played the beta, please tell me whats changed (except the sound and weapon dmg changes and lvl icons)..
I understand that they have a lot of work on other games too, but srsly what is taking so long. They have been developing the game from 2-3 years now (or more idk) and these the only changes they did? 
I realllly dont want to be negative but- its just dont make sense at all. Even 1 person could do in half a year what they changed rn. (yes ik maybe there is some unreleased stuff) But stillllll.
They need more game developers who can keep up 🥴
Im pretty sure old players could tell and change soooo much more then the devs do rn~
~sorrynotsorry~

• Like 1

To b honest I would have been fine even if they just released the game just like it was in its last years. Literally would have played that every fking day as long as they were players and as long as it game the same fancy vibe. U know what i mean, ramember the unboxing vidoes of very rich players on events like the christmas ones, with all the grind and the very expensive boxes or capsule, literally best vibes. If the game doesn't give such vibes in such events like the christmas, the halloween one or the valentine's day one, u are remaking the game for no reason cause most players will stop playing after a year. Just spotting facts. We do not play the game only bcs of its content or its gameplay we play the game bcs of nostalgia so unless you can give us something we our memories can relate to u have wasted your time.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Anesydora said:

Those who played the beta, please tell me whats changed (except the sound and weapon dmg changes and lvl icons)..
I understand that they have a lot of work on other games too, but srsly what is taking so long. They have been developing the game from 2-3 years now (or more idk) and these the only changes they did? 
I realllly dont want to be negative but- its just dont make sense at all. Even 1 person could do in half a year what they changed rn. (yes ik maybe there is some unreleased stuff) But stillllll.
Im pretty sure old players could tell and change soooo much more then the devs do rn~
~sorrynotsorry~

They honestly just added more bugs and changed weapon stats. They didn't really "rebalance" them but made other weapons OP now. The driver became the new movic, wrench became the new goldberg, etc. 

It feels like they have a fear of hiring people and branching out. But they don't understand that some people here are willing to do some volunteer work to help them. If they really wanted to make things easier, they could straight up take toyheroes' files and work from there. I really want to be nice to the developers but they've been so incompetent that it hurts. They've held onto the rights of this game with diamond hands for years, when they could have just sold it to someone alot better at the job, and with more income and resources. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Sorel said:

To b honest I would have been fine even if they just released the game just like it was in its last years. Literally would have played that every fking day as long as they were players and as long as it game the same fancy vibe. U know what i mean, ramember the unboxing vidoes of very rich players on events like the christmas ones, with all the grind and the very expensive boxes or capsule, literally best vibes. If the game doesn't give such vibes in such events like the christmas, the halloween one or the valentine's day one, u are remaking the game for no reason cause most players will stop playing after a year. Just spotting facts. We do not play the game only bcs of its content or its gameplay we play the game bcs of nostalgia so unless you can give us something we our memories can relate to u have wasted your time.

Thank you. Someone who understands the way i think. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Meat said:

Thank you. Someone who understands the way i think. 

Please don't live in an echo chamber where you only bother with people who agree with you. It's okay to disagree and still acknowledge other peoples points. This is another thing I noticed alot in the forums which concerns me greatly for the future of this game and development.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, Meat said:

P2W is not a "concept" made by bad players. Nobody who was full MP in old MV could beat me consistently when I used RT, not a single person. I don't care how good you are, P2W, especially in MV was a huge issue. There weren't many players better than myself back then, I've got plenty of experience. And yes, the game was small and didn't bring in much money consistently, especially not enough to provide salaries and continue hosting the servers, which is why the game shut down. I'm not sure where you're getting all these bold claims like "P2W is fake" and whatnot, but you're very clearly wrong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Anesydora said:

~sorrynotsorry~

They hadn't been developing the game for as long as MV has been shut down. It was a lot of bug-fixing and getting to understand the way that the game was built to prepare for the future. I've seen what they can do, we've got some cool things headed our way, but I will say that the beta was a bit lackluster, but a beta isn't meant to be flashy and filled with content. They're taking in plenty of feedback from experienced players like myself, which I greatly appreciate. They're doing a great job so far, though I wish we got a bit more communication, I think the game will be great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets release the same game to get the same fate!

Everyone wants to play the game, i would not mind play the Microvolts version, not the Surge version. But why should they release a game 10 year old of content? You even stated some of the problems.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:07 PM, Meat said:

Now imagine all of those people who stopped playing because of the main reason being bugs, glitches, hackers, server crashes and huge lag due to host. Return because it no longer is an issue. 

For people who stayed in the game for 10years and know everything, getting 10years of content at release is not a big deal, for someone who will play the game for the first time its a bit agressive no? Or people think that the game can survive just with old players...

16 hours ago, Anesydora said:

~sorrynotsorry~

I dont know what people expected... Did everyone expect Macrovolts insted of Microvolts? News chars (The last 3 char from Surge are bugged af), more maps (20 is not enought? ), a faster swap (so the new people leave after 1 match), 3 new game mods (10 is not enought) , auto matchmaking (probably coming for Ranked)... 

On 10/3/2022 at 10:59 PM, Meat said:

Just release the game in the state you bought it.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:07 PM, Meat said:

Were there many different rooms full of mp and rt players all the time all day long? Yes.

Did people generally like updates and did they go all out with their money when a update just happend? Yes.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, Meat said:

You seem not to care about growing the player base. As first impressions matter, focusing on the reports and feedback sent during the closed beta phase and fixing the existing bugs and glitches is mandatory.
We can't have quality updates with the criteria you mentioned. The Ronin-Yagu Jubei kai set is an instance of what you've suggested. Adding nothing to the game but imbalance wastes time and resources.

Players continued to play despite the cons the game had. However, you can't deny that there were many complaints. Also, who will guarantee that new players will continue to play in a game with problems and endure like the old players?
Rushing the developers by telling them to release the game in a bad state is a terrible idea.

Pay-to-win is not a concept created by bad players, as you stated. Players seeking equal opportunities use it as a term to express how playable the game is when they choose not to spend money on it. 
A low-level player can have decent game sets and other powerful weapons. Allowing only specific levels to join a room doesn't fix the "P2W" issue.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, SeaWasp said:

You seem not to care about growing the player base. As first impressions matter, focusing on the reports and feedback sent during the closed beta phase and fixing the existing bugs and glitches is mandatory.
We can't have quality updates with the criteria you mentioned. The Ronin-Yagu Jubei kai set is an instance of what you've suggested. Adding nothing to the game but imbalance wastes time and resources.

Players continued to play despite the cons the game had. However, you can't deny that there were many complaints. Also, who will guarantee that new players will continue to play in a game with problems and endure like the old players?
Rushing the developers by telling them to release the game in a bad state is a terrible idea.

Pay-to-win is not a concept created by bad players, as you stated. Players seeking equal opportunities use it as a term to express how playable the game is when they choose not to spend money on it. 
A low-level player can have decent game sets and other powerful weapons. Allowing only specific levels to join a room doesn't fix the "P2W" issue.

I totally agree. If they really want a bigger player base and to attract new people to try out the game they should come out with new points of views , new concepts that will make everyone equal regarding weapons , accesories , clothes , etc. , but to still keep players motivated to grow and to still have a competitive character towards the other players. Make the game fun to play , playable for hours i might say , because the first impression really does matter to a game. Listen to the community , people who have played this game for years and have some experience to the game because we really see a spark into this project.

• Like 2