General Discussion

Anti-cheat system

Taliyah

Hello microvolters, i saw a topic today talking about the anti-cheat system etc

But i started wondering myself, wouldn´t be 100x better is the game was like 10 euro, so cheaters could be at least scared to be banned and not just creating another account and troll the game?

• Like 1

Yeah no. It has been proven that a price tag doesnt sway most cheaters in any way. What we need is a strong anti-cheating system and some harch punishments for repeated offences. If someone keeps hacking and makes new accounts to evade bans then an ip ban could be ditched out.Though a different aproach could be taken as well, people are far less likely to cheat if their account has value to them in the forms of skins, play time, etc, so that fear of losing something that means something ot them could be used to prevent them from cheating.

• Like 1

The game will be free again cus their way of making money is just by micro-transactions. I bet if they would put a price tag on it, not many people would buy it.

14 hours ago, Slicktor said:

vanguard for microvolts, dumbest thing i've heard in a long time lmao

even though vanguard was self made by riot for valorant alone, i don't see why masangsoft wouldn't be able to atleast try reaching out riot and talk about hiring them for anticheat alone, even though i highly doubt masangsoft would be able to match up their salaries and benefits from riot, but instead probably a contract between 2 businesses to use the other's business software for an upfront, monthly revenue percentage due of the company being kind of small i doubt they afford normal terms.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sw1ndle said:

even though vanguard was self made by riot for valorant alone, i don't see why masangsoft wouldn't be able to atleast try reaching out riot and talk about hiring them for anticheat alone, even though i highly doubt masangsoft would be able to match up their salaries and benefits from riot, but instead probably a contract between 2 businesses to use the other's business software for an upfront, monthly revenue percentage due of the company being kind of small i doubt they afford normal terms.

"i highly doubt masangsoft would be able to match up their salaries and benefits" doesn't take too much to figure out, does it?

Vanguard's codebase is more complex then Microvolts. It cost more to develop and implement than Microvolts ever did make or will make. It's adapted specifically for Valorant. The whole idea is stupid and shows that the person who suggested this doesn't know jack about anti cheats.

Get your boring ass default kernel anticheat like Xigncode and if you implement it properly it'll stop script kiddies. Cost efficiency.

On 2/20/2022 at 8:56 PM, Slicktor said:

"i highly doubt masangsoft would be able to match up their salaries and benefits" doesn't take too much to figure out, does it?

Vanguard's codebase is more complex then Microvolts. It cost more to develop and implement than Microvolts ever did make or will make. It's adapted specifically for Valorant. The whole idea is stupid and shows that the person who suggested this doesn't know jack about anti cheats.

Get your boring ass default kernel anticheat like Xigncode and if you implement it properly it'll stop script kiddies. Cost efficiency.

idk why they would bother using xigncode no matter how you implement its still lacking and not worth paying while even the free version easyanticheat implementation offered by unreal engine alot better even though not best option but more decent than most ancient anticheats.(you don't need to be using unreal engine)

The best method to ban cheaters is the way BSG bans them, and so on their hardware id. They can only evade ban by changing a component of their computer, or use a whole new one. Other method does not exist to evade the ban

5 hours ago, wouwutze said:

The best method to ban cheaters is the way BSG bans them, and so on their hardware id. They can only evade ban by changing a component of their computer, or use a whole new one. Other method does not exist to evade the ban

Thats a good idea actually. It wouldnt be THE solution to cheating but it would be a good tool if mixed in with other ones.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, sw1ndle said:

idk why they would bother using xigncode no matter how you implement its still lacking and not worth paying while even the free version easyanticheat implementation offered by unreal engine alot better even though not best option but more decent than most ancient anticheats.(you don't need to be using unreal engine)

Yeah, no shit xigncode is ass. Still a lot more realistic than vanguard.