General Discussion

A few questions

desafinado56

Its good that were finally getting some talk from the mv team, while that is great on the whole and has caused a revitalisation of the hype theres a handfull of questions im sure many want answers to.

Why make an entirely new forum and website ? Why not simply update the other one ? I like this one, uses old art that i quite like. Reminds me of the old old forums.

What has the team been doing for the last 4 years ? You barely gave us anything for all that time, whys that ?

What are you changing about the game ? No p2w, social features and balance sounds great but is all a bit vague. Will the core game be the same ? Will the same maps be used ? We would all like to know what exacly is going on and what kind of changes we could expect a bit more in detail.

ย 

We all have alot of questions but I guess we have to be patient and wait a little more, I believe that they won't disappoint us this time! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Hello!ย 
I can see you are a little upset, but you don't have to.

As long the administrator of the game was changed (Leo) is the new one, that means most probably the Ex-Team had trouble with the game, or they just sold the project for a better team.

Of course, the previous team was also working at the project, but once they changed the Director of the game (->Leo), most of the stuffs and plans was changed or at least continued by the new team (Maybe?)

All we have to do is to wait official updates and that's all.

By making a new forum, for sure they just wanted to keep the evidence of the new and active users, and simply verify the forum using this platform because the last one was overwhelmed with post collected over 4 years.

So... Let's be patient and wait their result. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a nice resultโฃ๏ธ

• Like 1

Im not upset, i am quite happy that they have finally both said and done something. I simply asked questions that are most likely on everyones minds, especially the one regarding the games future. If we get those answers we might be able to work with the devs on what we want from the game, namely we want microvolts back not exacly as it was but mostly intact. By that i mean gameplay being the same, getting bugs fixed, a graphical upgrade and to keep devs from adding things that would ultimatly not work well, like a battle royale. It just wouldnt work due to the spammy nature of the game.

Still this has made me want to come back and engage with the community, i feel like i have regained all the lost energy that years of radio silence destroyed.
Also hope to get those questions answered.

1 hour ago, Eclipse said:

Hello!ย 

As long the administrator of the game was changed (Leo) is the new one, that means most probably the Ex-Team had trouble with the game, or they just sold the project for a better team.

Of course, the previous team was also working at the project, but once they changed the Director of the game (->Leo), most of the stuffs and plans was changed or at least continued by the new team (Maybe?)

By making a new forum, for sure they just wanted to keep the evidence of the new and active users, and simply verify the forum using this platform because the last one was overwhelmed with post collected over 4 years.

So... Let's be patient and wait their result. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a nice resultโฃ๏ธ

don't want to disappoint you, but masangsoft has made a new forum for every game on february 8th, not just microvolts. I don't think that this will change anything related to their communication with us.

21 minutes ago, KatKat said:

don't want to disappoint you, but masangsoft has made a new forum for every game on february 8th, not just microvolts. I don't think that this will change anything related to their communication with us.

They did that for a reason.
If that game wasn't in their scope, that means they wouldn't create that forum for the game to waste time for "something dead".

I mean it is obvious that MicroVolts is being worked on (more or less), just saying that without the occasion of a new forum, they probably would not have instructed the PD to post a new article. We probably would still be without communication until the closed beta itself is announced. I also don't think that creating this forum took much time for them. It's simply an IP Board (Invision) which also was used in DK Online already.

• Haha 1

Sadly thats true, plus the art used on the forum is all from old stuff. Still making this new forum could mean that theyll start talking more, let us hope that is the case.ย 
Also they mentioned releasing the game on steam on the second half of 2022. We should, however, keep in mind that this is not the first time they ahve made announcements like this and delivered nothing.

ย  I could guess that the team(s) that eventually came across this project may
ย  have been leaning between an update of old development code and
ย  maybe a rewrite. If they have artists briefing what would be their
ย  income material, the cosmetics, then that indicates interest in
ย  further development. MV is still very unique even though Fortnite
ย  being the closest to it they're still worlds apart. Seems like
ย  a safe bet to put this project forward ๐Ÿ™‚

On 2/10/2022 at 7:08 PM, Eclipse said:

Hello!ย 

The fact that you thought of a fabricated idea of how thingsย mightย have happened internally at Masangsoft, allowed yourself to believe it was the case and shared it through a forum post being like 'yeah, that makes sense to post' is ascending me.

Let's normalize something: It is okay to be (constructively) critical and quote-unquote 'not happy' about something. It usually always leads to improvement, since it almost always allows for problems to be made more clear, to then be required by the masses and eventually forced to work on/out by the consumers making up the brand.ย 

I really encourage people to consider the fact that was shared a few posts prior to mine:

masangsoft has made a new forum for every game on february 8th, not just microvolts.

that should at least make you feel 'critical' towards the shared notion that things might change communication-wise.ย 
I am not trying to tell you be 'unhappy' or feel negatively about anything. It is just healthy and, to some point, important for your own sanity to not allow yourself to be persuaded into feeling anything that some post or PR stunt might want you to feel. Not saying it is, but just trying to exercise and share the potency of critical capability

Edited by Oreo

For starters, the PD who shared those most recent notes/news haven't been online ever since they posted that. As in, haven't given the forum even aย glimpse, which we can consider for the future if anything does/doesn't change.ย 

21 hours ago, Oreo said:

For starters, the PD who shared those most recent notes/news haven't been online ever since they posted that. As in, haven't given the forum even aย glimpse, which we can consider for the future if anything does/doesn't change.ย 

Wrong. He was online few hours ago, you can see on his profile ๐Ÿ™‚
He's obviously checking forum so that's very good sign!

7 minutes ago, Stribs said:

Wrong. He was online few hours ago, you can see on his profile ๐Ÿ™‚
He's obviously checking forum so that's very good sign!

Well, obviously, I made my comment prior to that and I made sure to add to be critical and aware of if they do show signs of being online and active, and for them to check back in is definitely a good sign, I agree. But yeah, nothing wrong with being critically capable.

• Like 1

I think the future of the game is still uncertain, but let's be postitiveย guys. So many years have passed; maybe it's this year.. who knows ๐Ÿค