General Discussion

Return to Microvolts Surge

The game is dying..

We need to help developers and they need to listen to us.

Return to the original microvolts standards.

Its the only way to make it alive again.

Does anyone agree with me?

Devs please listen to us , make a change! 😞

• Like 2

A combination of both games would be great, an MVS with no pay to win would be amazing. They definitely need to go back to the roots of the game a bit, lots of us would like to see the direction of the game be more similar to how it used to be I'm sure.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Volt said:

A combination of both games would be great, an MVS with no pay to win would be amazing. They definitely need to go back to the roots of the game a bit, lots of us would like to see the direction of the game be more similar to how it used to be I'm sure.

I think the game "kind of should be" P2W.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think the game should be unbalanced by any means but every weapon should have their own stat to make the game more "fresh" (I don't know if that's the word I'm looking for) and interesting.
If that happens then RT weapons would be normally better than MP weapons, afterall, if the player puts money into the game they should be rewarded with something better than what is free. But again, not something so much better that it would make it unbalanced.
Here's the deal though, if that were to happen then they should make you unlock the strongest gun of every category (like the God set even though that was only through coupons) only through challenges (quite hard ones but not impossible) so no player says that the game is truly P2W and to show that if you got those weapons, you had some type of mastery over this game.Β 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Volt said:

p2w was alright until the moment God weapons came in. Playing around in CSD mode rooms and no-limitations rooms was way more fun than it is now. You had a choice at least. You could go tryhard mode in CSD matches with a huge variety of MP-upgraded weapons (9 levels of an upgrade make a lot more flexibility than A, B, C, and D weapons types). Or you could show off and have fun in a full RT room. Now it's too boring after even the first game. I personally was waiting for that new release of no p2w MV, but it came out boring as hell.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Amperson said:

p2w was alright until the moment God weapons came in. Playing around in CSD mode rooms and no-limitations rooms was way more fun than it is now. You had a choice at least. You could go tryhard mode in CSD matches with a huge variety of MP-upgraded weapons (9 levels of an upgrade make a lot more flexibility than A, B, C, and D weapons types). Or you could show off and have fun in a full RT room. Now it's too boring after even the first game. I personally was waiting for that new release of no p2w MV, but it came out boring as hell.

I think the no pay to win philosophy could have been executed better and still can be improved quite a bit. I think people are bored with the weapons due to lack of upgrading grind and variety, we could honestly have like 5 variants per weapon (besides melee?) rather than 3. A little creativity and innovation could lead to a whole lot more interesting weapons. I had no problem with P2W back in MVS because I had all the best weapons and sets, now that I realize how wild and unfair it is, and especially in today's market, I could never go back to thinking P2W was good. In the long run I don't think a P2W model could survive nowadays.

The developers have given up. This is also my last post. They follow a pattern with their games. First, players leave because the developers do a bad job and ignore the community. Then, even though the forum tries to reach out, the developers just focus on making money and ignore the game. The forum gets quiet, and the developers stop updating the game. They just buy another failed game to make more money and repeat the whole process.

Β 

Bye bye.

Edited by Barky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Been calling all this for 4 years now. Its useless. MVS had no p2w. Explain to me how it is p2w if you could buy hermes by doing single wave 3x a day for a month straight and collets 100 coupons?

Or even rt/ rainbow hammers.

Β 

At least we could have fun in non csd rooms. You want balance? Ok go play in a special mode in ranked where everyone is 2000 hp and uses the same 7 weapons. Not everyone who wants to play a shooter is looking for competitiveness.Β 

Most players are looking for fun and deep content to explore. That is what drew everyone to MVS in the first place. It was a shooter with options and good projectile designs. Now its gone. If they have all the old files still left they could reboot this game in a week or so. Make shit tonnes of money and keep a healthy player base.Β 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Barky said:

The developers have given up. This is also my last post. They follow a pattern with their games. First, players leave because the developers do a bad job and ignore the community. Then, even though the forum tries to reach out, the developers just focus on making money and ignore the game. The forum gets quiet, and the developers stop updating the game. They just buy another failed game to make more money and repeat the whole process.

Β 

Bye bye.

Β 

They'll keep updating the game even if there's no players. I took a look at the other games they have, the two I did look at was dead but the Devs keep posting on the forums about updates. One of them, the last post made by a player was back in 2021 but the Devs have new post for this year.

For all the people who keep screaming p2w, p2w is not real!! if they eliminate the huge difference between stats that was in mv, the game itself allows you to get free good iteams and upgrade them by playing more. That's how a game keeps afloat, by getting money from players who want to reach a certain level of upgrades faster or from the playtime of the free2play players who know that playin an extra 2 or 3 hours might get them that part or that weapon or the enxt upgrade on a weapon and are willing to do that. There is no p2w in a game that allows you to get full gear and level by playing, if they locked the 9th level or made god weapons with the old stats that would be p2w, but so far so many people achieved good items just by playing both in MVS and THO (even though that was a scam). You wanna see p2w? Look at games like Lineage 2 that actually make you in need to pay some hundreds of dollars and play non-stop and grind to survive, and also have huge prices, games that make you spend thousants of dollars on gear that gives u nothing unless you leave the game online and farming 24/7.Β 

18 hours ago, Volt said:

I think the no pay to win philosophy could have been executed better and still can be improved quite a bit. I think people are bored with the weapons due to lack of upgrading grind and variety, we could honestly have like 5 variants per weapon (besides melee?) rather than 3. A little creativity and innovation could lead to a whole lot more interesting weapons. I had no problem with P2W back in MVS because I had all the best weapons and sets, now that I realize how wild and unfair it is, and especially in today's market, I could never go back to thinking P2W was good. In the long run I don't think a P2W model could survive nowadays.

Your statements are completely right and I agree with it. But not for a game like MV. MicroVolts, along with Masangsoft, will never be an AAA game/publisher. Games like Valorant, LoL, CS2, etc, won't have p2w because their content and gameplay is either an old-school classic (CS2) or have a huge base of lore, competitive matter, gameplay variations, etc. Sadly, MicroVolts will never ever be an AAA game, no matter how current devs will promote it and how much content they will add. It won't happen with MV and it's a reality. MV has and will always have a strict player base with around 1k-2k players (on its good times). MV growing to 3k playerbase will take ages. But that's the limit with the idea of MicroVolts. Having a "sort of" P2W system in such a game will only be a plus. Plus, I agree with Sorel above that P2W doesn't really exist. You can always grind to paid items by playing more. In any game tbh. Same was for Surge. If devs can't and won't make the game variable in terms of weapons upgrades as you said (which would be a gamechanger if they made a good upgrade system), they at least have to differ stats a little bit of paid/unpaid weapons.

Nah bro, next update is still a money laundry scheme most probably... Its too late for them to even change to Surge and update it constantly while having 2 devs and 2 gms.

On 1/28/2024 at 12:02 PM, OGSapphire said:

Nah bro, next update is still a money laundry scheme most probably... Its too late for them to even change to Surge and update it constantly while having 2 devs and 2 gms.

u were right, lets just hope that the next update isnt gonna be another insult for us

3 hours ago, XVII - The Star said:

u were right, lets just hope that the next update isnt gonna be another insult for us

It is!
Another cash grab traps.Β πŸ˜”

7 minutes ago, Transgender said:

Lets keep this post alive , so devs can do something about it!Β 

DonΒ΄t lose hope

I agree on the dont lose hope part, but they had MONTHS to change the game or release big updates events. (Talking about like collect snowflakes to get this set or that weapon.Or unlock chromas for skins or just something that is not behind a paywall. Its sad to see that they have soo muchΒ opportunities and still we getting bearly a minimum,

• Like 1

The best we can do for them to actually look and maybe give a good response is to spam their support team with tickets to switch back to Microvolts Surge version and just keep the name recharged since they revived it and start easy by removing the god weapons(which can be added back but not with the same stats) and so on.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2024 at 9:16 PM, Transgender said:

The game is dying..

We need to help developers and they need to listen to us.

Return to the original microvolts standards.

Its the only way to make it alive again.

Does anyone agree with me?

Devs please listen to us , make a change! 😞

They wont listen to you love, they are busy milking money. You should understand that by now huh

I like the variety of this game, it's sad because it hasn't had any map improvements or new map releases in the 5 years I've known it.