General Discussion

Pure dissapointment nerfs explosives

Meat

From one extreme to another. We went from 600 blast radius on grenades to 250 (more than 50% reduction).

Can you imagine in the entire lifespan of MicroVolts we came to a point where grenades have less blast radius than stingray. 

I understand though this is deserved because the comunity doesn't have the braincapacity to rationally think when they vote "way too large" in the vote poll for grenades and bazooka. 

The developers tried to listen and now you got what you asked for. Unusable weapons are the results of your votes. You literally are at a huge dissadvantage when you use explosives now. The blast radius of both is so miniscule that i dont even bother moving out of the way when i see them flying at me around the corner. I am not exaggerating when i say this. I literally stand still and don't even bother to move. And even if you manage to hit one of your explosives it does NO damage. 

I can't believe i have to write this but explosives are supposed to have damage and blast radius. Sure 600 was too much, but now they are useless. Why can't things be fun and balanced? Why can't you developers get creative? Now all i see is players camp and corner snipe all game without moving from their spot simply because they can. There is no threat that forces them to move. Grenades and bazooka bullets played that role and you've taken that away with these nerfs. All i see now is more camping, cornering with sniper all game, and just the usage of rifle only in a chokepoint. 

And what are the people supposed to do now that have accumilated grenades A and bazookas C over this timeline? Are we now just stuck with these useless cosmetic weapons which we can't even use anymore because of how bad they are? 

All bazookas in MicroVolts right now need to have 330 blast radius at the very least. It's a freaking rocket it's supposed to reveal where the enemy is around the corner. In some maps in some places 280 radius isn't even hitting them so when you think you checked a corner you actually havn't because the enemy player is just not hit by the tiny blast radius. The power is lacking in A and B. They both need to be 830 ish with power upgrade ofcourse.

And if you get creative like i said you could even make a bazooka type that has 380 blast radius but 1/5 ammo for example. My point is balance is a very broad topic. There is not "one way" to balance.

You developers need to get creative. Go and rewatch some old microvotls footage if you guys aren't familiar to the game yet 😉

All grenade launchers right now need at the very least have 400 blast radius and a maximum of 500.  The whole point of grenades is revealing and zoning. The blast radius of now makes it impossible to hit anyone. And if you do there is no damage to back it up. 

All we want is a game where there is variety. Make different weapons for unique gameplays. Microvolts had it all in terms of choices. We want all of it back. Re-introduce all the content MicroVolts Surge had slowly, and start balancing part by part. It's been a year now and there is nothing new. 

Also the sounds of weapons are boring. Why did it get removed for no reason? Today many people who got the Icicle rifle got dissapointed because the unique sound got removed. Literally everything that is memorable always gets destroyed.

Anyway thanks for reading and sorry if there are any typos wrote this like a maniac within 5 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

To be honest I am okay like this. I understand you are missing your spam, but at this point just start playing the other 5 weapons

C Type nades and B Type zookas were way more fun anyway.
I'm not mad at this change altough, yes, they could have made better decisions with the nerf.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Vinn said:

To be honest I am okay like this. I understand you are missing your spam, but at this point just start playing the other 5 weapons

Clearly you are one of those with low braincapacity whom i mentioned. If you understood what i said you would notice i am glad the spamming and getting 2 tapped by grenades is gone, but yet again we have the same problem where 1 type is clearly better that the other types. Everyone is back to using the same. Which is boring. Instead they should get creative and make tons of weapons not with the same stats but in balanced range so they are usable and valid to choose from.

On 12/26/2023 at 2:45 PM, Meat said:

From one extreme to another. We went from 600 blast radius on grenades to 250 (more than 50% reduction).

Can you imagine in the entire lifespan of MicroVolts we came to a point where grenades have less blast radius than stingray. 

I understand though this is deserved because the comunity doesn't have the braincapacity to rationally think when they vote "way too large" in the vote poll for grenades and bazooka. 

The developers tried to listen and now you got what you asked for. Unusable weapons are the results of your votes. You literally are at a huge dissadvantage when you use explosives now. The blast radius of both is so miniscule that i dont even bother moving out of the way when i see them flying at me around the corner. I am not exaggerating when i say this. I literally stand still and don't even bother to move. And even if you manage to hit one of your explosives it does NO damage. 

I can't believe i have to write this but explosives are supposed to have damage and blast radius. Sure 600 was too much, but now they are useless. Why can't things be fun and balanced? Why can't you developers get creative? Now all i see is players camp and corner snipe all game without moving from their spot simply because they can. There is no threat that forces them to move. Grenades and bazooka bullets played that role and you've taken that away with these nerfs. All i see now is more camping, cornering with sniper all game, and just the usage of rifle only in a chokepoint. 

And what are the people supposed to do now that have accumilated grenades A and bazookas C over this timeline? Are we now just stuck with these useless cosmetic weapons which we can't even use anymore because of how bad they are? 

All bazookas in MicroVolts right now need to have 330 blast radius at the very least. It's a freaking rocket it's supposed to reveal where the enemy is around the corner. In some maps in some places 280 radius isn't even hitting them so when you think you checked a corner you actually havn't because the enemy player is just not hit by the tiny blast radius. The power is lacking in A and B. They both need to be 830 ish with power upgrade ofcourse.

And if you get creative like i said you could even make a bazooka type that has 380 blast radius but 1/5 ammo for example. My point is balance is a very broad topic. There is not "one way" to balance.

You developers need to get creative. Go and rewatch some old microvotls footage if you guys aren't familiar to the game yet 😉

All grenade launchers right now need at the very least have 400 blast radius and a maximum of 500.  The whole point of grenades is revealing and zoning. The blast radius of now makes it impossible to hit anyone. And if you do there is no damage to back it up. 

All we want is a game where there is variety. Make different weapons for unique gameplays. Microvolts had it all in terms of choices. We want all of it back. Re-introduce all the content MicroVolts Surge had slowly, and start balancing part by part. It's been a year now and there is nothing new. 

Also the sounds of weapons are boring. Why did it get removed for no reason? Today many people who got the Icicle rifle got dissapointed because the unique sound got removed. Literally everything that is memorable always gets destroyed.

Anyway thanks for reading and sorry if there are any typos wrote this like a maniac within 5 minutes.

I'm agree!! 

i really shocked about how weak the grenades are right now

It's rarely hit, and people can move on easy ( my guess the blast radius are so weak rn ) 

i hit on edge and corner and people still can dodge it and went straight to the base..