General Discussion

zombie mode problems

Sorel

So, here I am, yet againg, doing a review of the zombie mode gameplay, asking the staff to work with us in balancing this game mode.

GLITCHES/BUGS

1. You need to fix the way you count zombie kills and points, i don't know for sure whether this is a bug or a glitch or if it was intended to be this way but it's not ok. For people who don't know, killing a zombie should isntantly count as a zombie kill and give you around 3 points, not 1, where as right now killing 3 zombies counts as a zombie kill and only gives you 1 point.

2. You desperately need to fix overexploited glitches, starting with NEIGHBOURHOOD. This is the worst map when it comes to glitch abuse, the window glitch in particular being very easy to do, there is another one but I would personally happy if they even fixed the window one. Because it's very unfunny to see people instantly going there and just getting kills by staying still and shooting with everything they've got.

3. The zombie jump bug, there is a bug that's kinda rare that makes you jump very very high as a zombie, we are talking several m up. But more common, at least for me, is the bug that makes zombies not fast enough and lowers their jump even more than figure jumps. This especially is verry annoying and it happens several times a match for me and it lasts the entire round.

GAMEPLAY BALANCE

1. Zombie's hp countinues to bee well over what they need, either that or the weapons are too bad, but the only way to balance it without buffing the weapons, which would affect others aspects of the game, is by lowering thei starting hp. I am not talking about the zombies that get infected last, having between 5k-15k hp as a small zombie is pretty decent bcs it's way harder to hit small zombies, and the ones that are infected last get 5k so it's pretty balanced, small zombies having over 17k is very very bad in my opinion bcs at some point I fight a small zombie that gets infected first for 1 minute and they are still not dead.

2. We need more grenades in zombie mode but that's managable and not a priority right now.

3. Weapons pushing power is very disbalanced. While a riffle basically makes you almost unable to move even if u jump and move very well as a zombieand know how to handle being shot. Being hit by 5-6 people with riffle while you are zombie makes you unable to move almost, no counterplay to that. The shotgun's pushing power is sometimes ok, sometimes too small. the sniper's pushing power is ok. The minigun's pushing power is sometimes way too much, like when you jump and 1 sngle bullet touches you and you stop in the air, but sometimes it's bad. The bazooka kinda blows you too far away as a zombie, it's a bit too powerful, needs a small reduction. The grenade like i said needs more ammo but it's kinda ok.

4. SECRET WEAPONS. Aside from the fact that idk the rates of getting each secret weapon thus i can't tell if they are equal and you just have to be lucky, but 1 thing is clear, the game liked to screw you over with falcon. Out of 4 different weapons, getting falcon just takes away your capacity to no scope zombies, which is very powerful and it's push is not even as good with no scope. Falcon certainly need more damage if you want it to be useful. Blizzard is as good as always and the 2nd best secret weapon you can get. Firestorm needs more damage, aside from the benefit of getting a lot of grenade ammo with it that makes it spammable, it take away fast explosions of the normal nades, directsot possibilities and does not do enough damage. Flash minigun, is way too overpowered, it has a lot of damage, it is as always the best thing you can get, but the push is kinda too much sometimes. Sure, getting flash as a figure is so good and brings you the oportunity to get a lot of kills stressfree, as a zombie the push sometimes becomes too unreal to be true, a good zombie player will always know how to use flash so that zombies can't get close enough.

5. Lastly, having 3 grandpa zombies with over 100k hp is absolutely insane, not only is it bad already to have 3 grandpas, which right now would mean u need to do more than 300k dmg, but even 1 infection can end the game, considering that the small zombie will get a lot over 20k hp. I suggest either putting a limit of like 80k hp for grandpas, which is more or less decent, or, in the best case scenario, reducing the zombies hp in general like i said up there and making it like before, with only 2 grandpas.

I don't know if I've said eveyrhting, there are alot of things that need to be anjusted urgently for zombie mode, but I've said what seems more urgent and relatable to me right now. Feel free to add other problems you have here.

Well thought post! I only play zombie mode from time to time so I have no opinions on balancing.

However, I would add Cargo and Magic Paperland to to the list of maps that needs urgent glitch fixes

• Like 1
On 10/28/2023 at 12:30 PM, FabriXor87 said:

Well thought post! I only play zombie mode from time to time so I have no opinions on balancing.

However, I would add Cargo and Magic Paperland to to the list of maps that needs urgent glitch fixes

Magic paperland is for sure the most internally broken map and is also probably fried beyond their expertise for now, plus the glitch is not so easy to get into especially as a figure, and all the people that don't know how to do it blocking the corner makes it impossible for people to get into it XD. You make a good point about them needing reparations, but like i said, the most pressing matter in terms of glitches right now is to fix Neighborhood since the window glitch is accessible even to new players and easy to exploit. Thanks for taking the time to add the maps to the top priority, they were in my top5 as well, would also add Battle Mine.