General Discussion

LVL ICONS CONCEPT

reebXD

Idk if the icon fit the game, i think that we dont need that much color idk... i like it but i'm not feeling it cant explain!

Well they are much better than the ones we have so at least they are better!

I really think that they could do an "event" where players send their level icons layout and see with votes or something who wins and the winner could get 100€ in RT and their layout in the game!

• Like 2

They do look amazing, but from the 150 to 170 those feel extreme... sooooo pointy hahaha

🌟 

🌟 

🌟 

🌟 

please Microvolts adapt these, its so much better than the ones we have, its something fresh different, and it doesnt look like it was made on a 30minute notice, we need a voting system for this

Good job but I kinda prefer the older icons better. They were pretty cool and unique. Do you think you can work on the old ones past lvl 90? You could try to come with more levels based on their theme and the star emblems should be considered for the last levels.

Edited by DevsListenToTheCommunity
3 hours ago, DevsListenToTheCommunity said:

Good job but I kinda prefer the older icons better. They were pretty cool and unique. Do you think you can work on the old ones past lvl 90? You could try to come with more levels based on their theme and the star emblems should be considered for the last levels.

we dont want old ones back, its in the past, we need a new MV, new icons, new everything, i think these new ones are clearly better than the blank ones in current MV

• Like 1
On 10/24/2023 at 9:22 PM, reebXD said:

Hi, I made first 230 concept LVL icons.

With this technique, you can make infinite numbers because I mix a couple of colors and shapes to make "random" output. I have all .ai files if u want to use it devs, lol. Of course, I can make any changes to make all ppl happy and expand it to 1k different options 😄

Reeb can you update the pointy ones (151 to 170 and 201 to 210) so we can see what they could be?

I think they really could use this one, the only sad thing is. Yesterday they were a bit strange and new, but today they feel good idk!

Nice work!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, j0hNESY said:

Reeb can you update the pointy ones (151 to 170 and 201 to 210) so we can see what they could be?

I think they really could use this one, the only sad thing is. Yesterday they were a bit strange and new, but today they feel good idk!

Nice work!

i think this is made automatically, i dont think he quite "choose" which model to do

Hopefully they will put what you made there it's definitely 10x better than the current one we got.. but I would recommend you add shading for these icons it would look a lot better, but well done!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, PINGO PONGO said:

i think this is made automatically, i dont think he quite "choose" which model to do

wdym?

31 minutes ago, PINGO PONGO said:

"you can make infinite numbers because I mix a couple of colors and shapes to make "random" output."

oh yea, but i didnt automated it 😄 i create all by hand, drawing and designing, just created assets for faster workflow but its still really time consuming

• Like 1

It's creazy to think that at the moment the design of icons is the biggest hottest topic the community is complaining about..  Litreally anything is better then what we have right now, but if they do rework them I hope they'll hire a UI designer and take their time to make them, because developing good looking icons is no easy feat.
If they just "update them" because the community demands it, and they are "not good enough" we'll enter a never ending cycle of complain, and there are more important things the devs should focus on.

Great effort with your work, below you can find couple of notes about them
(of course these are MY opinions, I don't want to take away anything from the work you've done, I love the passion)

• Legibility
    • The font used on numbers is too thin
    • Numbers in a lot of them either not have enough maring/ breathing space at the edges or, straight up go oustide of it
    • Secondary shapes are too chaothic and make the icon look "busy"
  • For the shading, you went with Left/Right brightness difference, it's a nice idea but the contrast in some of them could be adjusted. That said I prefer how the original ones had sublte higlights/shadows to make them look less flat wihtout overdoing it
  • for the colours combination picked of the primary and secondary elements don't really fit well togather
  • for the shapes they overall feel too spiky, they don't really fit with the "toy figures" theme and it makes them hard to read
  • They have a random feeling to them, as if the combination of shapes have been picked randomly slapped on each other

Because the levels go up to the 3 digits now, it's quite challenging design clean and readable icons.

I believe they've taken this decision to give more a sense of progression, but in a way they kind of made the number feel worthless, this is especially true between level 1 to 100 since you blast trought the levels so quickly. So if they make new designs they should defintly focus more on refining the look of the ones above the 100 mark, and could probably keep the current ones for 0-99.

Just a reminder of what the old ones looked like so you don't have to google it:

image.png.e69dfb2c0f2508e3a0e1bc837d87da01.png

What's great about these, is that every 10 levels you get a brand new shape, but the 6-10 versions are basically upgrades of the 1-5 ones

However these still have flows (again my opinon):

• the 70s and 80s are basically the same, they are both "square based" (would be cool in MVR if the inons changes shape every 100 levels but every 10 levels you get a new variation of it, with two versions: one first and an upgraded one after 5 levels)
  • the levels 6 to 10 don't really "upgrade the 1 to 5 look, 1 to 5 should probably have been a simple cirlce
  • 56-60 are only different from 51-60 because they changed colour, they aren't an "upgraded" version
  • the stars of 90s don't really fit with all the other icons

• Like 1