General Discussion

Do we really need AI Mode in MV Recharged? πŸ€”

Serphinious

Hey, it's me again. Hope you had a great day so far!

Β 

I just wanted to test the differences between the running speed stats, before I saw this at the beginning of the A.I. match. Sure, it is pretty funny and didn't make sense at all, but something came to my mind: why do we have this mode? Where are the other modes? If you really wanna keep it.. how can you make it better? Because imagine someone new coming here and trying out the game against bots to get a slight feeling without getting stomped: to be honest, I don't know If that mode is necessary.. in this state that is.

Β 

Tell me what you think

Β 

~ Serphinious (Joey)

• Like 1

I use A.I. Battle pretty often to complete my daily/monthly missions and I'm glad it exists... I am more of a melee-only / zombie mode player.

But I agree. The A.I. mode needs some improvements, while they won't miss a shot, they can't move themselves properly.

• Like 4

If it was improved a bit, it'd be great for newer players. Right now it's just about the most basic AI possible, I find it hilarious that they have crazy stats though like "Natura" I think it is, with his 28% run speed or something lol

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Gabi said:

I use A.I. Battle pretty often to complete my daily/monthly missions and I'm glad it exists... I am more of a melee-only / zombie mode player.

But I agree. The A.I. mode needs some improvements, while they won't miss a shot, they can't move themselves properly.

Yeah I figured it's probably the only use for that mode. But it should be more than that.. something that beginners can use to get used to the game and its mechanics.. but aiming for bots that don't even have 100% movement speed isn't gonna cut it.. sadly.

7 hours ago, Volt said:

If it was improved a bit, it'd be great for newer players. Right now it's just about the most basic AI possible, I find it hilarious that they have crazy stats though like "Natura" I think it is, with his 28% run speed or something lol

It's weird that the Melee bots are basically using speed hacks while the other bots move like snails.. it should be improved so new people can try out some stuff..

36 minutes ago, Serphinious said:

It's weird that the Melee bots are basically using speed hacks while the other bots move like snails.. it should be improved so new people can try out some stuff..

It failed to launch in the old version already

hahaha it was a fun video, with those sound effects, I think they work better in bitmap plant and for new players who can train with them it's not bad

37 minutes ago, Mahiro said:

hahaha it was a fun video, with those sound effects, I think they work better in bitmap plant and for new players who can train with them it's not bad

Thanks ^^ It was a quick idea after seeing those bots acting up.

Β 

The thing is they get used to the snail pace they go.. before going into real matches where everyone is going at mach 3 speed

• Like 1

I just had my 9 year old nephew try MV in a real room and he got overwhelmed by the veterans one-shooting him every time he respawned. Then the AI room was a nice environment for him to get to know the game mechanics without pressure.

1 hour ago, ReqMort said:

I just had my 9 year old nephew try MV in a real room and he got overwhelmed by the veterans one-shooting him every time he respawned. Then the AI room was a nice environment for him to get to know the game mechanics without pressure.

Happy for your nephew. The game really is stressful. I don't really want it to be removed to be honest.. just improved into a better training ground.

Β 

I had in mind extra settings just like what the bots can use.. and you need more maps too.

Would love to see following things being done:

• Improved Ai pathing for all maps.
  • Different difficulties that would affect their reaction speed and gameplay in general.
  • Being able to toggle what guns they will use and what not.

These would be some of the things I would love to see being added/changed in the game.

• Like 1