General Discussion

Mode Idea: Siege Mode

Serphinious

Hello everyone! Serph here.

Hope you have an amazing day so far ^^

I wanted to talk about a mode that I found fun in other games(especially S4 League) and would be cool to see implemented here: Siege Mode

It's about 3(or more, depending on the size of the map) bases, which can be captured by one or more players(progress is increased depending on the people inside the base radius).

If you capture an area, you and your team gain points for capturing the base and your teamscore starts to gain points passively(more bases=more passive points which means more pressure to regain points).

Additionally: If a point is captured, the base drops some useful items:

- HP

- Ammo

- Additional point icons(which add points to your teams score)

- Special weapons(like in Zombie Mode)(really limited ammo)

While a point remains captured(doesn't matter which team) the base spits out some of those items passively(at a slower rate as when being captured).

The goal of the mode is to aquire a certain total team score. Can be gained as followed:

- Capturing bases

- Passive capture points

- Collecting point icons

- Kills/Assists

When a team reaches a certain amount of points(75% of the needed points) Fever Time activates, which decreases respawn time(which normally would be the same as in CTB) and increases the rate as to bases are being captured, which makes for a good end game.

That is all for now: I want to hear your thoughts about it.

Have a good one

~ Serphinious (Joey)

• Like 6
On 9/26/2023 at 4:17 PM, MicroData said:

So basically control points (TF2) with item drops

I'm all for trying different things!

Yeah.. the game needs some fresh air in form of improvements/maps/modes.. its becoming stale pretty fast qq

As a fellow S4 league player from the past, the idea seems great and doable.

However, I wonder if they would implement this mode, there's a lot of things they would need to add and work on:

- Point, Health and Ammo Drops (They basically already have two out of three, health and ammo is just disabled atm)

- Special Weapons (Hoping for it to be a drop, like the shield was before, so that you can use it at a certain time for tactics)

- Areas to capture, different on every map (Might limit the maps that are possible, I mainly see this on MPL for some reason)

- A new point system that is displayed on screen for both teams to see

- A LOT of testing the mode before releasing as I can see a lot of bugs happening, for example the area not being able to be captured, 

points not being counted etc.

- Probably a lot more that I have looked over right now

Anyway, great idea, sadly don't think it would get implemented anytime soon as modes like Bomb Battle, Arms Race, Item Match etc, 

are still missing.

• Like 1