General Discussion

Why don't remake surge ?

TonyGp

It's all in the title, why not remake the game exactly as it was before, just removing the P2W, but without changing anything else?

I don't find the same sensations as before, there must be differences. I don't know, I find the weapons slow and weak, and take a long time to aim or reload, plus we have very little ammunition.
Please just remake the game the way it was, it was very good.

I think it would be impossible for the game to go back to what it was before.
The gaming industry has changed a lot in the last decade.
Do you know what is the most important part of the story, for things to happen? The context.
And the context is different now.
Don't be sad because it no longer exists, be happy, because at some point, it existed, it's the best thing you can do, don't miss something that will never come back.

• Like 2

On an unrelated note, everyone please stop formatting your posts and replies like this lol. It's such a pain to read.

But the reason why they don't remake it, is because they know it died for a reason. Surge had many flaws, the largest issue was it being pay-to-win, which yes, is an issue (I know there's still many people that will argue it's not). These developers are very against that idea, although, if they just implemented almost everything from Surge outside of cosmetics, and added their weapon balancing, it'd be nearly perfect. MP distribution, prices of capsule spins, shop item prices, everything like that needs some adjusting I feel in this version. I don't understand why there are so few modes for one, I'd absolutely love to play some Item Match or Arms Race (especially if they rebalanced the weapons).

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Volt said:

On an unrelated note, everyone please stop formatting your posts and replies like this lol. It's such a pain to read.

But the reason why they don't remake it, is because they know it died for a reason. Surge had many flaws, the largest issue was it being pay-to-win, which yes, is an issue (I know there's still many people that will argue it's not). These developers are very against that idea, although, if they just implemented almost everything from Surge outside of cosmetics, and added their weapon balancing, it'd be nearly perfect. MP distribution, prices of capsule spins, shop item prices, everything like that needs some adjusting I feel in this version. I don't understand why there are so few modes for one, I'd absolutely love to play some Item Match or Arms Race (especially if they rebalanced the weapons).

Thank god someone else mentioned the formatting lmao.

And I agree, I really wish they would adjust the pricing on MP items and remove the mixed capsules altogether. They feel so predatory and unnecessary for the game and just confuse newer players into spinning them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

👋

The problem is that the "default" format has a size of 60 💀. Several things in the forum are wrong, in terms of editing or formats.

In my opinion it is horrible that some people want to turn it into P2W (pay to win), I think no game should be like that, I don't think it will prosper, unless they want to see its end.

On the other hand, in few games you will find moderators who want to do things well and help/listen to the community, take the time, to be able to solve everything bad.

The current problem and what they are solving are errors and bugs.

I would like to be able to play and want to level up, experience to get a good reward, this does not mean that it takes me 1 year to level up or in 2 games, I mean that they should do something in the middle.

Other modes would be cuter too.

The issue with MP is that there should be more ways to earn MP and be able to get F2P things, at least in each game win something, or in missions, I think that for what they ask for you earn very little and the rewards of calendar and daily connection are not viable, that is, you earn 10 mp or 100 mp...

I know they are going to solve it but people are cruel and do not forgive anything, they want everything at the moment.

Another point, there are excessive prices regarding RT, just as there are cheap capsules, there are VERY EXPENSIVE ones.

I like the tuning system, I think it's good to choose stats based on what you prefer to play.

Maybe they could add a system of being able to evolve the item by spending MP and battery.

Or do something else with the battery (power)

I miss the wave mode, killing the boss and getting the hammer :).

Finally, they have to solve the shop items, that's clear, they probably want to fill them out in their own way.

I just hope it doesn't become a P2W game by toxic people.

Lastly, I hope that from time to time, they hold events.

🌹-Melu

Honestly them just giving us surge would be a great starting point but that has already been said time and time again. Surge was fine, remove the price tags of things and you have a game that worked quite nicely.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Thank god someone else mentioned the formatting lmao.

And I agree, I really wish they would adjust the pricing on MP items and remove the mixed capsules altogether. They feel so predatory and unnecessary for the game and just confuse newer players into spinning them. 

I agree, I don't want to see any more "Full Party" capsules, the rates on them are absolutely god awful. In many ways, it's just a far worse option.

• Like 1

Yes, sorry for the forma, i don't why it's like that (maybe it's because i have c/c with the translator)

But otherwise, for those who have played before, don't you find that the weapons have a problem ? I feel like it's harder to kill people now, and especially to chain kills

Surge died for two main reasons:

1. P2W

2. Do you guys remember how bugged up the UI was? All the empty text box popups? And how a lot of the game modes became bugged and directly unplayable?

In fact, one of those gameplay bugs is still here, because single-weapon mode doesn't have the increased ammo, so you run out of ammo in no time with a lot of weapons.

Other than those things, Surge was pretty much alright honestly. They could bring back the weapon battery 5-9 upgrades and just balance it and equalize it amongst all weapons like they do now with ABCD. I think they could make weapons just slightly stronger as a baseline too. Right now rockets don't one-shot on direct shot like they should. And the sniper rifle... reloads waaay too slow.

Edited by MicroData