General Discussion

Fast, infinite levels are meaningless

MicroData

I don't see the point of "infinite level ups"

At some point it will stop feeling like it matters, making the system feel worthless.

It's no better than having some arbitrary max level, except now the devs need to keep updating the level up system with new icons forever...

Let's face it, we all know infinite levels isn't really going to be the thing that retains players forever.

Not that it's bad to have! It's good for some level of player retainment. But to the devs, we players are not stupid!

----

Many have also already pointed this out. We level up way too fast. Getting level 1-100 used to be a grind in older Microvolts and I think that was great.

It gave more weight to every level, it made every level matter more and feel more rewarding to achieve new levels.

Giving us 100 instant levels just makes it feel like a nothing system, like it's all unimportant, unprestigious.

Now I can't tell the difference between a level 20 and level 100 because anyone can get those in 1 day.

MMORPGs and many gacha games have already cracked the formula for level-up grinds... and so did Microvolts Surge back in the day when they did the same exact thing.

Levels should go back to where they were around 2013.

----

So, what I'm saying is, rather than planning for infinite levels, just come up with a really nice looking max level with AWESOME icons along the way.

The thing that will retain players in the long run will be the promise of updates, fun content, improved old content, good gameplay and game balance, and a variety of activities.

Edited by MicroData
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

👋The point is that they are currently fixing all the bugs there are, doing and scheduling maintenance, they are fixing bugs, there are people at level 101+ trying to make bugs to level up quickly and get 300 MP and receive 10 MP on the calendar and not receive MP for the simple act of playing a game. I think they know that it is wrong to go up 1 level in 1 game. The game came out on September 8, they won't be able to do everything in 1 day. What should be highlighted is the work they have done reading the community and trying to solve and update the game.

All errors that we find, that affect our game and our desire to play, must be reported. And rest assured that they will solve it for sure. 

🌹- Melu.

• Thanks 1

I think the current mp per level is too low, also i think the amount of time need to level from 100 to 100+ is just too big. I think leveling should be like what overwatch 1 was, also give us one spin per level.

We should get mp per match like 200 for Wins and 70 for Defeats or something like this.

• Like 4

tbh this measure can be limited cus they know exactly how much XP u have made, so lets say during this 2weeks u get 100k XP which idk lets say it would be lv130, if they then decide to change the level system to make it harder and less levels, lets say 100k xp would get u lv22, its definetly possible i think, but we will see

On 9/15/2023 at 8:25 PM, trace-_- said:

Agreed. Levelling right now feels extremely unprestigious. No idea why they chose to give everyone 100 free levels, makes no sense in my head. 

its not "free" u still need to play 100+ matches

Hello!
In my opinion,
Microvolts, triumph isn't just about reaching the highest level, but about honing your abilities and emerging victorious in thrilling matches. The diverse arsenal of weapons, the intricate maps, and the exhilarating gameplay all contribute to an immersive experience. It's not uncommon to find players engrossed in epic battles, pushing their limits (called "sweaty players"), and reveling in the sweet taste of victory.

The heart of the Microvolts experience is found in its dynamic clan wars, where players band together, forging alliances and rivalries alike. These clan wars are the ultimate proving ground, where the true extent of one's skills and tactics come to light.
Being in the Top as a clan war makes you feel better than having only a scale to 105 levels.

So, whether the levels undergo a reset or remain as they are, the skills, practice and friendships created will still remain.

I agree with what you said, but its pretty clear they want to keep going on this path, god knows why.

If they think the infinte level will keep the players in the game, they are wrong. We can already see the numbers going down, which i can understand perfectly as there's 0 things to keep you playing.

What they need to do, and fast, is fix the MP... the amount of MP we get is WAY too low.. i mean.. what even are the daily rewards? what am i supposed to do with 300, 100 , 10 MP ? never mind the "new" weekly coupon that gives you 1k? 

The only fix i see here is simply add MP per room, you have 1k EXP you get 500MP , i dont see a reason to limit the mp gains per level or daily rewards. What am i going to do with it ? just gamble at the capsule or buy weapons/parts/accesories ( which btw its ridiculous how less we have... )  from the shop, which we all do eventually.

But if you gain more - you spend more - therefore you have something to do in the game.. im not gonna lie , i would spin the capsule all day 😄

• Like 2

Agreed. If you play well, you should be rewarded with MP as well. That doesn't happen. So you're no really incentivised to play well anymore either. I can only hope that they read all this feedback that has been flooding the forums all this time and revert it.

On topic with the lack of earning MP:

Surge had

- More MP things worth buying in the shop. I don't know why they released with so many of the basic store outfits missing.

- The single-player bot wave mode was playable once or twice a week and offered MP.

- Boss mode rewarded MP

- General gameplay rewarded MP (I think)

----

Dunno about all the people who are hard for clans, but the only thing I played with a clan for back in the day was to clear our weekly boss battle lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its such a wierd design to only gain MP by leveling and its suuuper flawed i wonder who came up with this

like do we gain 300 mp at level 999?  how will i afford stuff?

• Like 2

wish they would just give us the RT they promised, instead we will have to wait till 9 or 10th of october, and god knows it will prob take a month for everyone to get their RT

On 9/15/2023 at 6:44 PM, MicroData said:

I don't see the point of "infinite level ups"

At some point it will stop feeling like it matters, making the system feel worthless.

It's no better than having some arbitrary max level, except now the devs need to keep updating the level up system with new icons forever...

Let's face it, we all know infinite levels isn't really going to be the thing that retains players forever.

Not that it's bad to have! It's good for some level of player retainment. But to the devs, we players are not stupid!

----

Many have also already pointed this out. We level up way too fast. Getting level 1-100 used to be a grind in older Microvolts and I think that was great.

It gave more weight to every level, it made every level matter more and feel more rewarding to achieve new levels.

Giving us 100 instant levels just makes it feel like a nothing system, like it's all unimportant, unprestigious.

Now I can't tell the difference between a level 20 and level 100 because anyone can get those in 1 day.

MMORPGs and many gacha games have already cracked the formula for level-up grinds... and so did Microvolts Surge back in the day when they did the same exact thing.

Levels should go back to where they were around 2013.

----

So, what I'm saying is, rather than planning for infinite levels, just come up with a really nice looking max level with AWESOME icons along the way.

The thing that will retain players in the long run will be the promise of updates, fun content, improved old content, good gameplay and game balance, and a variety of activities.

AGREED 110 PERCENT !