General Discussion

Zombie NERF THE JUMP

Insania

Hello, I would like to talk about the ZOMBIE MODE, when MICROVOLTS started the ZOMBIE JUMP was not as HIGH, it became anything, you should fix it, it's not funny for the figures in some map.

• Thanks 1

ABSOLUTELY NOT. That's the mivrovolts original zombie jump and it is balanced, it's the only tool to get people camping in rly hard to reach spots without needing boost, which is almost impossible to give as a zombie when being harrassed from above. What they need to do is give us more ammo and dmg/lower zombie's hp/create special weapons with higher dmg and moe ammo that are only ussable for zombie mode/lower zombie's armor, one of those chocies can balance the zombie mode, bcs right now there is a very bad ratio of dmg compared to the zombie's hp that makes it unnecessarry hard to kill zombies, even little ones bcs even if you try your hardest to kill a zombie you can esily run out of any amo before u kill them somehow or in the unfortunate case of getting ganged by more zombies you can't kill them. I survived 1 minute followed by 10 zombies coming from everywhere but somehow after hitting them for 1 minute, none died. Also let's talk about how BAD the fact that you only get 1 point for 1 zombie kill it is and that u need 3 zombie kills to have 1 zombie kill marked in the scoreboard. They need to look into this gamemode and listen to us because i asked fellow zombie players, amazing ones at that, even better than me how they think the balance it and they said they struggle a lot, and we are talking about people who, with normal or high dmg used to get hundred of zombie kills weekly, counted in the THO weekly ranking, where as now, you are lucky to get 20-30 kills in a week or that might even be impossible to do. Now I am not saying copy that dmg bcs it was absolutely too much but something close to it would help balance zombie mode. Thank you if u read all of this.

• Like 2

Honestly the zombies need the jump height, with the knockback it's very hard, and at times literally impossible to reach many spots people are in. There's always sort of been this idea that figures need to have the advantage in Zombie Mode, but when the zombies aren't terrible it's actually kinda fun to play as a zombie. If anything, I find that their HP is ridiculously high at times, that could be revisited for sure. The way they get knocked back as well needs some adjustments too, it's absolutely unbearable just being stunlocked if more than one person is shooting you.

26 minutes ago, Volt said:

Honestly the zombies need the jump height, with the knockback it's very hard, and at times literally impossible to reach many spots people are in. There's always sort of been this idea that figures need to have the advantage in Zombie Mode, but when the zombies aren't terrible it's actually kinda fun to play as a zombie. If anything, I find that their HP is ridiculously high at times, that could be revisited for sure. The way they get knocked back as well needs some adjustments too, it's absolutely unbearable just being stunlocked if more than one person is shooting you.

I feel that's more of an issue with glitched spots on maps tbh. I always remembered it being easier to bypass stun when the jump height was shorter because you'd be able to make quicker landings and be less vulerable in the air for juking. The extra jump height feels abit extra, since 90% of matches end in zombie wins because people can't hide anymore in higher spots (not glitches) and the lack of melee runspeed in the game prevents people from running away too. I agree that the zombies can be pretty tanky at times though, especially in bigger rooms. And the stunning itself is a whole issue as well which would be hard to rebalance without breaking the mode.

• Like 3

I think, like many have mentioned by now, that the HP of the Zombies is the probably biggest issue. It's debateable if the jump should be lowered, but I think it would even help the Zombies to some degree. Mostly unreachable spots are glitch spots, and not usually places that high up, with a few exceptions. By lowering the jump height, zombies wouldn't be as helpless in the air and land quicker (Stated above by Tanooki as well). Zombies are extremely vulnerbale on super jumps (Just think of Toy Fleet or Neighbourhood for examples), if more than one player shoots them, they are knockbacked so far that they land outside of the map. So maybe looking into that would help as well. To make the Zombie-Mode more balanced though they should also increase the run speed of the figures, for example by adjusting Type-A melee's run speed if it already doesn't deal as much damage as to 1-hit 2000HP in one go, at least in most cases.

• Like 2

Back in the day zombies used to win almost every match, now it's the complete opposite.

More and more people are playing together and giving information and just makes the game harder for zombies.

I would say give a 10% or 15% increase HP to all zombie types.
If not this, make the ability to speed up 20% faster.
else if, make the knock back weaker 

(haha funny programming joke)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, vav said:

Back in the day zombies used to win almost every match, now it's the complete opposite.

More and more people are playing together and giving information and just makes the game harder for zombies.

Pls I'm going to poop myself.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sorel said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT. That's the mivrovolts original zombie jump and it is balanced, it's the only tool to get people camping in rly hard to reach spots without needing boost, which is almost impossible to give as a zombie when being harrassed from above. What they need to do is give us more ammo and dmg/lower zombie's hp/create special weapons with higher dmg and moe ammo that are only ussable for zombie mode/lower zombie's armor, one of those chocies can balance the zombie mode, bcs right now there is a very bad ratio of dmg compared to the zombie's hp that makes it unnecessarry hard to kill zombies, even little ones bcs even if you try your hardest to kill a zombie you can esily run out of any amo before u kill them somehow or in the unfortunate case of getting ganged by more zombies you can't kill them. I survived 1 minute followed by 10 zombies coming from everywhere but somehow after hitting them for 1 minute, none died. Also let's talk about how BAD the fact that you only get 1 point for 1 zombie kill it is and that u need 3 zombie kills to have 1 zombie kill marked in the scoreboard. They need to look into this gamemode and listen to us because i asked fellow zombie players, amazing ones at that, even better than me how they think the balance it and they said they struggle a lot, and we are talking about people who, with normal or high dmg used to get hundred of zombie kills weekly, counted in the THO weekly ranking, where as now, you are lucky to get 20-30 kills in a week or that might even be impossible to do. Now I am not saying copy that dmg bcs it was absolutely too much but something close to it would help balance zombie mode. Thank you if u read all of this.

Absolutely not ? What game did you play to be able to say that?
I have been playing this game since its release, the zombie mode is clearly no longer like the one from the very beginning, the zombies' jumps have been increased, the maps have been modified and blocked which means that the figures can no longer hide or jump to a specific location, zombies have more advantages than survivors 😉

• Sad 1

Zombies themselfs are fine, their speed and jump height is fair and balanced, what isnt balanced is the fact that weapons are underpowered and melees run speed is miniscule so 90% of the time zombies win since your only option is to hide since you cant fight back and you most certainly cant run away since youre so slugish compared to before that doing certain jumps is now impossible.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, vav said:

TH doesnt count

And you cant based all your experience on toy fleet map about figure wins because thats the only "winnable" map a s figure due to the super jump if zombie count doesnt get 5 or more

You say that but in Surge we had a lot of speed and could reach certain spots but try winning in "The studio" without the clown spot, impossible

Idk why in first place they patched the only good spot lf that map

• Like 1
9 hours ago, vav said:

In my experience so far the HP is actually too high, although the speed could maybe use a slight buff. Unless Figures are using glitches the Zombie win rate feels nearly like 80% right now.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

In my experience so far the HP is actually too high, although the speed could maybe use a slight buff. Unless Figures are using glitches the Zombie win rate feels nearly like 80% right now.

There are maps that zombies won't win at all...

Toy fleet - without bugs
Neighbourhood - with bugs  

9 hours ago, vav said:

There are maps that zombies won't win at all...

Toy fleet - without bugs
Neighbourhood - with bugs  

Well Toy Fleet is because of the knockback and a couple map glitches, and Neighborhood is due to glitches, which need to be fixed. On "fair" maps like Hobby Shop, House Top, Toy Garden, I feel like Zombies win almost every time.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Insania said:

Absolutely not ? What game did you play to be able to say that?
I have been playing this game since its release, the zombie mode is clearly no longer like the one from the very beginning, the zombies' jumps have been increased, the maps have been modified and blocked which means that the figures can no longer hide or jump to a specific location, zombies have more advantages than survivors 😉

Besides being unnecessarry condecending, if u took the time to actually read the entire thing u would have seen that after explaining how much zombies need higher I go full on and explain that the zombie mode is very unbalanced and also mentioned what i spotted to be the problems. But i guess reading the first line and passive agressively answering to it is as good as maybe giving some thought to my actual feedback and giving your view on that.

What we mainly need to do is make another topic to vote for more ammo and dmg/lower zombie's hp/special weapons with higher dmg and moe ammo that are only ussable for zombie mode/lower zombie's armor or anything that we see is fit because one thing is clear, zombies are too hard to kill and we run out of ammo very easy. Someone who has more or better ideas can make this and i will also wholeheartedly vote on whatever fits my experience and playstyle best in hopes that masangsoft will finally listen to the comunity.

I've been playing MV for a very long time and I want to say that half of the places that aren't buggy are impossible to hide in anymore. Before to catch the figurine, you had to either get to the same place as it did, or give me a lift . Due to the inability to hide somewhere, people use glitches and bugs. It is impossible to hide anywhere on the Hobby Shop map. They jump on the railing, on the door and ventilation, too, on the stool too. So “Neighborhood” and “Toy Fleet” remain the most playable maps.
Previously, weapons were more powerful, so they introduced such jumps for balance, but now what? It doesn't even save you if you're lucky enough to get a minigun. The drop-out sniper rifle is generally the most useless in my opinion.

Edited by Irsena
32 minutes ago, Irsena said:

I've been playing MV for a very long time and I want to say that half of the places that aren't buggy are impossible to hide in anymore. Before to catch the figurine, you had to either get to the same place as it did, or give me a lift . Due to the inability to hide somewhere, people use glitches and bugs. It is impossible to hide anywhere on the Hobby Shop map. They jump on the railing, on the door and ventilation, too, on the stool too. So “Neighborhood” and “Toy Fleet” remain the most playable maps.
Previously, weapons were more powerful, so they introduced such jumps for balance, but now what? It doesn't even save you if you're lucky enough to get a minigun. The drop-out sniper rifle is generally the most useless in my opinion.

Yeah the falcon (and firestorm) just suck. The only useful ones are blizzard and the minigun. Falcon does pellet damage and so does firestorm, blizzard also does no damage but can at least slow zombies down.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Irsena said:

I wouldn't call neighborhood playable with the current glitch spots in that map.

Toy Fleet is even less playable lol, that's impossible for zombies.

Then a lot of other maps are too unplayable for figures...

I think Hobby Shop is one of the best. I think a lot of maps could use better non-glitch hiding spots.

Edited by MicroData
On 9/13/2023 at 6:38 PM, Insania said:

Hello, I would like to talk about the ZOMBIE MODE, when MICROVOLTS started the ZOMBIE JUMP was not as HIGH, it became anything, you should fix it, it's not funny for the figures in some map.

But who play Zombie mode? (JOKING)

The Zombies speed and jump are fine as they are at the moment. But because of the weapons that do less damage I would suggest that the Hp of the big zombie be lowered as well as the smaller ones.

And in the future the maps should be improved, the limits of the maps should be removed for some of them and for the maps that are small the limits should be rethought.

3 hours ago, MicroData said:

I wouldn't call neighborhood playable with the current glitch spots in that map.

Toy Fleet is even less playable lol, that's impossible for zombies.

Then a lot of other maps are too unplayable for figures...

I think Hobby Shop is one of the best. I think a lot of maps could use better non-glitch hiding spots.

The playability was discussed in the direction of figurines, not zombies. They already win on every map, and these are 2 maps on which you can still somehow survive. In “Studio” there is generally nowhere to hide without glitches, they get you everywhere with a high jump, in “House Top” it’s the same. I’m generally silent about the “Beach” card. There is NO place to hide there AT ALL.
If you take the “Neighborhood” map, then you could hide there on the same microwave until that stupid jump happened.
Let's say they make HP less or weapons stronger. Today they already wanted to kick me because I quickly killed a small zombie with a minigun, they say I’m a cheater. Although it’s simple, when there are few people, then the zombies’ HP is significantly less, although it would be worth doing the opposite then. 3 small ones with 7k HP or 12 with 14k HP - very honest.
If you look at it objectively, then on the same YouTube a person uploads a video with new glitches. In a good way, they should be covered right away. The survivability of the figures is higher, of course, but then the game turns into camping places with glitches. On the map "Battle Mine" it was good to sit at the top, before high jumps, now there is no salvation there, that's why everyone climbs into the textures.

Edited by Irsena
On 9/15/2023 at 8:42 AM, Irsena said:

On 9/15/2023 at 9:15 AM, Tanooki said:

Yeah the falcon (and firestorm) just suck. The only useful ones are blizzard and the minigun. Falcon does pellet damage and so does firestorm, blizzard also does no damage but can at least slow zombies down.

I mean personal opinion but Flacon will always be useless unless you camp in a long tunnel bcs aside from the dmg it takes away the posibility to no scope zombies while you fight them, but now, again, you can't even fight zombies 1 v 1 bcs before you are done with one there will always be another 10 coming from around the corner. Blizzard has always been useful to a degree but like i said, rn it only helps you sruvive if u cotinuously run bcs there is not chance to actually kill zombies when they follow u. Firestorm used to do a lot of dmg and the only reason i tolerate it rn is because it gives you a lot of grenade ammo. 

Edited by Sorel

Instead of using the cut-map versions, I think using the full maps of MPL, FJY, and etc can help too. I don't know if we have them in the game because the ones I played in have been the cut versions.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MushieMushie said:

Instead of using the cut-map versions, I think using the full maps of MPL, FJY, and etc can help too. I don't know if we have them in the game because the ones I played in have been the cut versions.

Yeah I miss the old versions so much, they were perfect for zombie mode and got patched to oblivion.

• Like 1