General Discussion

MICROVOLTS TEAM READ THIS!

bl4ck

🧡Hi Microvolts teams, unfortunately, as a high competitive player I found two ridiculous things which are on the ''LeaderBoard Score'' that is you can 
always know what weapon your enemy have on their hands (that's not competitive at all) and if you as a MicroVolts normal player, you need to use the default key ''Tab''
to see the Mini-Map while on every other game to see the Mini-Map you just need to see the top corner of your monitor, so in this case it's really hard to check the map 
during a fight and basically you will only check the map while you are dead what makes not a lot of sense. We should be able to see the Mini-Map without any difficulty and in ranked games i think you should disable the ''Weapon View'' on the Scoreboard. 
🤍Players will notice this changes and thanks for your entire work. 💙Thanks for reading this post too! Have fun boys/girls and see you all on the official launch!|💛

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

• Like 2

I never really understood why you could see what weapons people are using, I've never really thought this game needed a minimap though. I've honestly never pressed tab to check it lol. But for competitive matches I could see how a minimap would be helpful, these are two really good suggestions.

• Thanks 1

Agreed mate, you should only be able to see what weapons your teammates have. As for the map i think its fine if it stays only when you check the leaderboard since outside of it you dont need it very often so it would only take up screenspace.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

Agreed mate, you should only be able to see what weapons your teammates have. As for the map i think its fine if it stays only when you check the leaderboard since outside of it you dont need it very often so it would only take up screenspace.

It would take up a considerable amount of screenspace, but the need to understand where your teammate has died/spotted an enemy is fundamental for the competetive scene. The minimap could be simplified/shrunk, and as in games like CSGO (which seemingly is already in MV) a temporary 'X' would represent the death of your teammate and a temporary 'O' or '?' could be used to represent the discovery of an enemy (which would be brief)

• Like 1

I completely disagree with this suggestion! I believe it should remain as it is, we must be able to see the weapon used by the enemy.

Pressing the "TAB" key and being able to see which weapon the enemy is using is a "gameplay / strategy" that has existed since the beginning of this game. You can tell if the enemy team is rushing up or if it's camper. In the end, this is a mechanism that has always worked for "competitive" players in this game. I believe that changing that would be something drastic in the gameplay...

Maybe, one possibility would be to be able to "configure" this mechanism when creating a room.

(If you didn't understand what I wrote, whatever... hehe)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ok so to begin with, your points are reasonable, but, the weapon thing can be useful sometimes, u see it as a disatvantage, others see it as useless others use it sometimes to their advantage, I believe it is not neccessarry but i like the feature. Secondary, in mv you need all your screen to see what is happening, having a minimap in the corner would be an eyecatcher and besides it would be useless, the maps are rly small and easy to understand and remember, I used to know maps at a very young age, i even played with some friends who the game was new for and they literally remembered every map first try.

It would be an ok request to disable the weapon view in rankeds, although not such a big deal, but they have other pressing matter to do before that, also, of you think people can't use map on tab while they are alive, why do you think they have the time to seach with their eyes for a small weapon view icon on the same tab, makes no sense. The minimap thing, hopefully they won't waste time on, or if they do they should make it an option, not something you can't switch off bcs it would be a big eyecatcher for me and it would higly disturb my gameplay. Like i said, although your request are kinda reasonable and logical I did argument to you why I think this changes would be either useless or shouldn't be a priority in my POV, at this point they have many things they have to do and these problems are like nitpicking the game XD.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, Sorel said:

Ok so to begin with, your points are reasonable, but, the weapon thing can be useful sometimes, u see it as a disatvantage, others see it as useless others use it sometimes to their advantage, I believe it is not neccessarry but i like the feature. Secondary, in mv you need all your screen to see what is happening, having a minimap in the corner would be an eyecatcher and besides it would be useless, the maps are rly small and easy to understand and remember, I used to know maps at a very young age, i even played with some friends who the game was new for and they literally remembered every map first try.

It would be an ok request to disable the weapon view in rankeds, although not such a big deal, but they have other pressing matter to do before that, also, of you think people can't use map on tab while they are alive, why do you think they have the time to seach with their eyes for a small weapon view icon on the same tab, makes no sense. The minimap thing, hopefully they won't waste time on, or if they do they should make it an option, not something you can't switch off bcs it would be a big eyecatcher for me and it would higly disturb my gameplay. Like i said, although your request are kinda reasonable and logical I did argument to you why I think this changes would be either useless or shouldn't be a priority in my POV, at this point they have many things they have to do and these problems are like nitpicking the game XD.

Also forgot, but seeing what weapon people are using is kinda useless unless you think someone might be camping with sniper, someone doesn't need to keep melee on hold to rush, nor do they even have to be camping if they are holding on to sniper or any other weapon, they could as well just be walking with that weapon in hand, using it to check for usage of explosives would be too slow bcs once someone selects zooka or nade you can consider yourself spammed with barely any time to run, and explosives are kinda to be expected in some pressure points of maps, you learn where, when and how people spam after like 5 matches played on that map.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You can be sure that most advanced players use the TAB with the sole objective of knowing which weapon the enemy is using at the moment. We press the "TAB" key to do this every second. I played for a long time elimination mode and this mechanic makes a lot of difference.

It is one of the basic techniques of the game, you can know if you can advance or not, because someone may have a sniper waiting for you to pass....
Or, you can know if the enemy is with the "melee" running after you or going to the place get the "radar"...
Or, if the enemy is using the "Grenade" or "Rocket" weapon to advancing at some strategic point on the map...

By the way, I already did several strategies with my clan, where we only had "melee" selected so that my enemy team didn't know what they were doing, and at the right moment we changed weapons to rush with "grenade " and "rocket "...

All this, just with the mechanic of pressing "TAB" every second to know which weapon the enemy is using and from that understand the best game strategy to follow

• Like 1

Hi,

For me, it is not a good idea to have the minimap in any corner. You will see your vision reduced and sometimes it makes a lot of difference.

As the weapon view on scoreboard, I am 100% accordingly to eliminate it from ranked games.

It's nice to see that some players are making new ideas to make the game better and other ones putting here their different visions, hope we can help the developers make the game more interesting.

• Like 1

I personally like that you can see the equipped weapon and use that as a tactical advantage. You both can look at it and you can mess up players with it.

Mindgames baby

• Like 2
On 8/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, TechNeko said:

I personally like that you can see the equipped weapon and use that as a tactical advantage. You both can look at it and you can mess up players with it.

Mindgames baby

Agreed. 

Regarding the addition of a mini-map, I am against it.

1. I believe adding a minimap isn't a priority right now and could consume valuable developer time.
2. Considering the fast-paced gameplay, a minimap might not make much sense given the speed of the game.
3. Furthermore, in a rapid third-person shooter, a minimap might even distract players from the action.

Edited by trace-_-