General Discussion

What is your best memory from Microvolts?

Flexouz

I must say there are loads of good memories. One of them must be just chilling out with people in voice chat on...I think it was Ventrilo back then. Oh the times.

I think I spent more hanging out with the community than in-game. And this also became my realization when I started MV again. It doesn't feel the same. I was pretty hyped when I heard MV would make a comeback, but after playing a bit, it doesn't hit that spot that I'm longing for.

2 hours ago, TechNeko said:

I must say there are loads of good memories. One of them must be just chilling out with people in voice chat on...I think it was Ventrilo back then. Oh the times.

I think I spent more hanging out with the community than in-game. And this also became my realization when I started MV again. It doesn't feel the same. I was pretty hyped when I heard MV would make a comeback, but after playing a bit, it doesn't hit that spot that I'm longing for.

Game is quite different than before, that punchiness weapons had is gone in pursuit of balance and competitive viability which really destroys a lot of games.

2 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

Game is quite different than before, that punchiness weapons had is gone in pursuit of balance and competitive viability which really destroys a lot of games.

I really hope this feel comes back, because it's definitely possible. I feel like almost all weapons can be buffed for the most part, rifles especially still feel underpowered. Every weapon should be strong, but not overpowered. Every weapon has it's purpose and if you want to become the best player, you've got to learn them all very well (besides MG 😅). I'm excited for the competitive mode, but the game doesn't feel very competitive. Randomness in the damage, shotguns still being able to deal headshot damage (terrible idea, same with damage RNG), weapon inaccuracy and randomness, it needs some work.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, JohnCrow said:

I can never forgive myself after selling all my Raptor parts one by one cuz I need MP to upgrade and buy parts 😅

I think we all had a situation like that 😅   I remember pulling a hippo set from Capsule. My first ever RT item.. i was so happy and then i deleted it 3 weeks later cuz i didnt have MP for weapons anymore..

• Like 2
On 8/8/2023 at 3:37 AM, Volt said:

I really hope this feel comes back, because it's definitely possible. I feel like almost all weapons can be buffed for the most part, rifles especially still feel underpowered. Every weapon should be strong, but not overpowered. Every weapon has it's purpose and if you want to become the best player, you've got to learn them all very well (besides MG 😅). I'm excited for the competitive mode, but the game doesn't feel very competitive. Randomness in the damage, shotguns still being able to deal headshot damage (terrible idea, same with damage RNG), weapon inaccuracy and randomness, it needs some work.

The randomness isnt a bad thing because if you have a game with no randomness in anything it becomes boring. Weapon inaccuracy and randomness in its damage is there and should stay because a game that puts too much focus on player precision dont last very long simply because new people get destroyed and have no fun, so they leave and the game is left to die. Microvolts worked because its chaoticand had plenty of randomness that gave new players a bit of an edge. There was a video i watched by Shredednerd that touched on this quite well, its tittled "Dear developers, Stop listening to pros" and the title is true, if you listen to the tryhards that put thousands of hours into a game you will be listening to a tiny minority and designing a game that will be focused on consistency which negatively impacts not only new players but also casual folk which will be your biggest audience. This randomness also gives you those "how the fuck am i still alive?" moments that stick you with for a long time which is lovely as well. With that being said this game is very unique and its weapon roster should all be given an area that it exels at, shotguns at close range rifles at medium and to finish someone off and snipers at long range but the previous betas showed that sniper was being used at pretty much any situation which is something i hope they balance. As for mgs i ahve no idea what they could do with them, they simultaniously feel incredably noob to use beacuse high damage and ease of use but also very underpowered because of how easy it is to kill you. As for shotgun headshots i dont recal noticing this even back in surge, though i did notice very frequently that every so often my shotgun would do a lot more damage than normal but i just thought it was rngesus being on my side.

11 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

The randomness isnt a bad thing because if you have a game with no randomness in anything it becomes boring. Weapon inaccuracy and randomness in its damage is there and should stay because a game that puts too much focus on player precision dont last very long simply because new people get destroyed and have no fun, so they leave and the game is left to die. Microvolts worked because its chaoticand had plenty of randomness that gave new players a bit of an edge. There was a video i watched by Shredednerd that touched on this quite well, its tittled "Dear developers, Stop listening to pros" and the title is true, if you listen to the tryhards that put thousands of hours into a game you will be listening to a tiny minority and designing a game that will be focused on consistency which negatively impacts not only new players but also casual folk which will be your biggest audience. This randomness also gives you those "how the fuck am i still alive?" moments that stick you with for a long time which is lovely as well. With that being said this game is very unique and its weapon roster should all be given an area that it exels at, shotguns at close range rifles at medium and to finish someone off and snipers at long range but the previous betas showed that sniper was being used at pretty much any situation which is something i hope they balance. As for mgs i ahve no idea what they could do with them, they simultaniously feel incredably noob to use beacuse high damage and ease of use but also very underpowered because of how easy it is to kill you. As for shotgun headshots i dont recal noticing this even back in surge, though i did notice very frequently that every so often my shotgun would do a lot more damage than normal but i just thought it was rngesus being on my side.

People who don't know this game very well wouldn't know that randomness is even in the game, in terms of damage. If they want this game to be competitive, randomness in damage and skillful stats for weapons must be prioritized. You can't have weapons that are not consistent in their own way, etc. having rifles and gatling guns that are far too inaccurate either. As someone with high level experience in a variety of FPS/TPS games, cutting out randomness in every way reasonable is always the best option. Imagine in CSGO if an AK didn't kill in one shot to the head just sometimes? That would be infuriating, and terrible game design. Randomness in damage is outdated, just like the P2W monetization. It's just one aspect that needs to go, and people wouldn't even notice it unless you really care about the competitiveness of the game, which would be vastly improved.

The "stop listening to pros" idea is only somewhat true. While I'm a casual, and "pro" player at the same time, you have to listen to both. Catering too hard to either side leads to issues, you must please all players and ensure they have a good time, this is possible, though it isn't easy. Consistency does not negatively impact new players nor casuals, it screws them over just as much as it screws over pros. Microvolts, even with randomness is one of the least "new player friendly" games I've ever played. I'm confident I could go 20-0 in a 1vs1 against a new player even if they had experience playing other shooter games. Randomness isn't going to give them nearly enough of any advantage so it should not be a factor in how we think to make this game more friendly to new players. A new player is never going to know that shotguns headshot because there's no indicator in the killfeed, a new player probably won't recognize "hey that snipe should've killed", I bet casuals in Microvolts didn't even know those things after hundreds, if not a thousand hours.

On 8/9/2023 at 3:27 PM, TechNeko said:

Things like this make the best memories

...mmmm i cant upload pictures smh

That's nice 😄 I love how everyone is basic knox too lmao

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Quickscoping my ass out whilst this banger blasted in my ears 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc

Edited by Dead Cat