Off-Topic

Current feedback among the CBT players so far

Sprucey

Just curious, putting the feelers out. Long time player, joined during OG OBT during 2011, what's the state of the game?

Last time I had played MVS, they had patched out the original float-y nature of the game, making wavestepping very difficult except off of elevated surfaces, and ofc, God weapons / Capsules overpowered the meta 5:1 (of which, I am also guilty in partaking). Is swapping still intact? 

Where are we at? In comparison to that 9 yr old opinion of MV.

• Like 2

The last beta I participated in, it felt great. My only complain was the balancing, which could use some work but that's a fairly simple issue to fix, I'd much rather that than the game not feeling smooth or something. Swapping felt normal, I don't really remember MVS removing/nerfing swapping but hey that was a long time ago anyways.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sprucey said:

Just curious, putting the feelers out. Long time player, joined during OG OBT during 2011, what's the state of the game?

Last time I had played MVS, they had patched out the original float-y nature of the game, making wavestepping very difficult except off of elevated surfaces, and ofc, God weapons / Capsules overpowered the meta 5:1 (of which, I am also guilty in partaking). Is swapping still intact? 

Where are we at? In comparison to that 9 yr old opinion of MV.

In all honesty i though the betas were rly bad, the second was worst than the first bcs all they did was make 1 change or 2 and they made the game even worse.

To start, they changed the accessory balance so that you could get speed, hp, armor if i remembe corectly aside from bullets, they changed the options of the accessories, if u remember accs used to give riffle or nade, zooka or minigun and sniper or shotgun, they changed it so that you would have to chose between zooka and nade, horible, just horible choice.

They made a speed melee with which if u chose all the speed options from parts and accessories you could run faster than zombies, you could just keep running all match long and win. 

They want to make lvl up be rly fast, i don't wish for that, I wish for it to take ages so I can enjoy every step of the way.

They made it so you could chose to have hp, speed and bullet or explosion armor on the same parts, like you could chose to have both speed and hp on parts, which you might think is genius but when you get to the gameplay, after they have 'balanced' the weapons, snipers don't one shot, even if they did they take 1 year to reload, it's hard to snipe considering most of the time you would miss bcs people run too fast with the new stats, they made a shotgun 'good for beginners' which shoots like movic.

Most of the weapon balancing is bad, melees shoudln't make you to fast, snipers should one shot whoever doesn't wear full hp with bullet armor, or even them if the sniper is upgraded on power. If i remember corectly kw shotgun doesn't push zombies in zombie mode, also it has only 2 ammo at a time bcs why not. It's very hectic and I am hoping to either see the exact same stats from mv or to at least have them balanced enough so that u don't just always leave a person low and never actually get to take the kill with snipes.

I know I am making it sound horrible, over all i was rly disapointed with the balance, it wasn't the worst experience but leaving the game like that kinda forces people to change they playstyle.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bogaxd said:

I agree with most part but personally I think the leveling up part was normal, it wasnt really fast it felt like a normal medium pace compared to other games. the sniping felt kinda good but everyone was kinda tanky made me always have to switch to my rifle after sniping someone which kinda sucked. the gattling and the shotgun was just... maybe a bit too much LOL

Actually i think the only good thing they did was buff gattling but it was a little too much.

1 hour ago, Bogaxd said:

me when a 5000000000000000000000000 bullet weapon deals 50000000000000000000000000000000 damage per bullet

I mean it only made sense that it could be at least a little bit useful but the warm up time should be a little lower than in the first beta.

Sorel covered pretty much everything and most of the community seems to share the opinion that the betas were disapointing with the second one being worse than the first one. In general folk want surge back with a few things different, namely paywalls to go to hell and overpowered weapons( hermes and zeus) to follow it.

Edited by desafinado56