General Discussion

0.3 beta will coming in july ?

NorMan

If closed beta 3 goes well and they listened to us and reverted the game to what surge used to be with a few tweaks so a few of the weapons were less cancerous then it will go great.

• Like 6
22 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

If closed beta 3 goes well and they listened to us and reverted the game to what surge used to be with a few tweaks so a few of the weapons were less cancerous then it will go great.

This would be ideal. I really had minimal issues with surge balancing.

3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

This would be ideal. I really had minimal issues with surge balancing.

Honestly if I were in charge, I would have done the same thing they did where every weapon variant has the same stats, but I would have stuck very similarly to how Surge had weapons balanced, with tweaks obviously. If I remember right there were bazookas and grenades with like double the default Surge blast radius, it just felt so off. Same with how stats were distributed, it feels so strange not having the Steel Hammer be the run speed melee, like it only makes sense, but for some reason certain weapons were stat-swapped. I wish I had some influence on these decisions because although I know MV will be playable and fun, it won't be exactly what it should be, just like the goofy unlimited leveling system with no limit. Once that's in, it's likely final, so it's just going to look out of place forever. Another thing I worry about with things feeling off is content/cosmetic releases, I wish they'd only add the high effort and original cosmetics before the game took a strange turn and started adding out of place items like those goofy Dracula-G weapons or whatever and the stupid fiery military weapons... Like those just don't feel like they belong. Whenever the descriptions of items became "Manufactured by Phobos" or whatever, that's when I lost interest in purchasing anything new in Surge. You could just tell they were just pumping out low effort content to make a quick buck, I hope MVR is different.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Volt said:

Honestly if I were in charge, I would have done the same thing they did where every weapon variant has the same stats, but I would have stuck very similarly to how Surge had weapons balanced, with tweaks obviously. If I remember right there were bazookas and grenades with like double the default Surge blast radius, it just felt so off. Same with how stats were distributed, it feels so strange not having the Steel Hammer be the run speed melee, like it only makes sense, but for some reason certain weapons were stat-swapped. I wish I had some influence on these decisions because although I know MV will be playable and fun, it won't be exactly what it should be, just like the goofy unlimited leveling system with no limit. Once that's in, it's likely final, so it's just going to look out of place forever. Another thing I worry about with things feeling off is content/cosmetic releases, I wish they'd only add the high effort and original cosmetics before the game took a strange turn and started adding out of place items like those goofy Dracula-G weapons or whatever and the stupid fiery military weapons... Like those just don't feel like they belong. Whenever the descriptions of items became "Manufactured by Phobos" or whatever, that's when I lost interest in purchasing anything new in Surge. You could just tell they were just pumping out low effort content to make a quick buck, I hope MVR is different.

I honestly never had problems with certain weapons or sets feeling out of place, they are toys it makes sence certain companies would make toys with different styles and flavours. As for balance i never had many issues with surges balancing the issue was the paywalls but if you look at every weapon without the paywall there wasnt really much that was op. Mp weapons were always underpowered even without comparing them to rt or coupon weapons. So if they brought them more towards the realm of capsule weapons it wouldnt be that big of an issue, within reason some of these capsule weapons had problems, plenty of the snipers just zoomed in almost instantly, meaning there wasnt much of a reason to ever pull out a rifle because why bother pepper down someone at medium range when you can just one shot them. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers also had a bit of a balancing problem but not as big as snipers or hermes and zeus, but they were still a bit too powerful in the sense that it didnt feel like they had any sort of downside to using them, no slow rocket speed or swap speed or blast radious. As for the rest of the weapons they were fine, stronger than mp weapons by a fair ammount because mp weapons were underpowered and that was by choice they wanted you spending money on more powerful weapons.

• Like 1