General Discussion

Inventory space and other related issues

Sorel

So I just answered in a topic and I started going a bit off track talking about inventory space and I said why wait and not make a post rn about it. I wanna see more oppinions on this and maybe someone who knows how game design works can explain to me whether it is even possible to make more inventory space or not. I believe it would naturally be logical and fair to be able to have enough space in infentory to fit every single iteam in the game if you wish to have it. I am kind of a perfectionist and also a person who likes to colect rare iteams so I don't rly like giving up on certain weapons and sets even if they are bad (which was the case in mv, some weapons u just had to make a colection, not to ever use them as they were awful). On top of that, 1000 space in inventory barely fits all the chlotes I want and if this game stays alive a long time, at some point we will all have inventory space problems.

Also i'd like a bit of a inventory management update to give us the posibility to move iteams around in another order if we want, or have them listed based on alphabetical order or by aquiring date like it is, or by sets, or by characters.U get what i am saying

And even though i started this to talk about inventory space i now find other issues, for example being ablt to lock certain iteams, in some games where it is possible to sell iteams or use them in ways that might get rid of them you can lock them so u have to unlock them before selling them, trading them, combining them etc. It would be an ideea to have a lock so that you can't accidentally sell iteams of value, it has happened to me and it happens to everyone ESPECIALLY WHEN SPINNING CAPSULES BCS DUE TO SPACE PROBLEMS U HAVE TO KEEP SELLING USELESS STUFF AND U END UP SELLING GOOD STUFF IF U ARE TOO RUSHY. Also it might be a good anti acc haking ideea to have pasword lock for inventory in general or some iteams, regarding having them sold, combined or traded so that if ur acc gets hacked somehow they can't sell ur stuff (for the ones that don't know this is a thing that actually happened even back in mv idk if it will be possible to steal accs on mvr but this is a thing to keep in mind). Also hope that if that happens in the future we can easily work out acc ubans and getting all the iteams back if possible cause that is anyone's nightmare and giving back everything shouldn't be a question, at least if we are talking about hacking cause i don't think people will get scammed.

Too mucb chattering as always, SRY T,T.

4 hours ago, BioWarz said:

I remember I asked GM Levi some time ago about trading, they said that the MVR Team has no plans to implement any sort of trading/steam market

That's a shame, the trading system is the only way to give up on bonus iteams you have, or rafe iteams you have to get other stuff that you like or that is nit available for the moment. Hope they actually consider that bcs that makes rarity of the iteams not important. They will be sinking in a big hole with no p2w and no trading system at all. Without any of that i barely feel the need to buy anything😅. At least that is a normal need bcs some people don't have the funds to huy some iteams while they are on capsule machine or shop and they might have money to trade afterwards, it rly messes up the balance.

I think that they are trying to avoid people to pay for weapons, and with that i mean a trade in which you give a weapon, and the return is 20€ or something like that. Back in the old days i had some good offers with money on the table for rare weapons, and i trully think that is a mistake. Maybe there is a way to do it propperly, but now i dont believe it.
Also a hasty trade sistem make people pay for the weapons in cash, instead of trying to get them from the capsule....Why would you buy Rt to have a chance of get them, if you can make an offer to a guy that has it already? Maybe the guy got it from 5€ on rt or even from a free coin and he could sell it for 10/15€. 
That doesnt mean i dont agree with you, i believe trade sistem would be nice to give value to the weapons, but it needs some time to work. The game should be stablised to make it work as it should do. Being a TRADE sistem, not a market place where you can buy everything with just money.

Back to the post point 😂. I would love to have a chance to upgrade the slots on my inventory doing missions or just leveling up. I see paying rt for more space a nonsense as it doesnt really chance your game, only allows you to have more stuff. However inventory shouldnt be infinite. But they could create a "Bag of clothes" or something like that. An item that saves parts of the same set (hp/run).
Or an "accesory box" where you can fit 3/5 acessories. There are multiple options that could be cool to be made.
The point is, how could you get it?
They could make it purchasable for mp, a few rt, achievements or missions, thats up to them.

32 minutes ago, xAlvarø said:

I think that they are trying to avoid people to pay for weapons, and with that i mean a trade in which you give a weapon, and the return is 20€ or something like that. Back in the old days i had some good offers with money on the table for rare weapons, and i trully think that is a mistake. Maybe there is a way to do it propperly, but now i dont believe it.
Also a hasty trade sistem make people pay for the weapons in cash, instead of trying to get them from the capsule....Why would you buy Rt to have a chance of get them, if you can make an offer to a guy that has it already? Maybe the guy got it from 5€ on rt or even from a free coin and he could sell it for 10/15€. 
That doesnt mean i dont agree with you, i believe trade sistem would be nice to give value to the weapons, but it needs some time to work. The game should be stablised to make it work as it should do. Being a TRADE sistem, not a market place where you can buy everything with just money.

Back to the post point 😂. I would love to have a chance to upgrade the slots on my inventory doing missions or just leveling up. I see paying rt for more space a nonsense as it doesnt really chance your game, only allows you to have more stuff. However inventory shouldnt be infinite. But they could create a "Bag of clothes" or something like that. An item that saves parts of the same set (hp/run).
Or an "accesory box" where you can fit 3/5 acessories. There are multiple options that could be cool to be made.
The point is, how could you get it?
They could make it purchasable for mp, a few rt, achievements or missions, thats up to them.

I think the main reason people wouldn't trade weapons for cash is bcs of scams. Someone has to do the first step and no one will want to risk it, does the weapon come first and money after or vice versa. And considering the game is on steam they could easily make a steam shop option to sell safely in that case. Does it benefir them? no bcs the money doesn't go to them but as u can see they are making a lot of choices that do not benefit them.

I mean, it's far more entertaining to spin capsules than buy iteams but buying them with money directly may be a good option for not wasting time and to secure an item u absolutely love, so a steam shop wouldn't be that bad either. But trading system i believe is crucial, how else do you get iteams that will never be added again or that are added to the cpasule collection only on holydays. And what if u don't have money at the time they are in the capsule collection and wait one year and u again have no money to try for them, that's why trading system exists. That way when u get 2 of the same iteam u keep it for trading later, u give up iteams you may not need that much for iteams you need. 

I do agree with the fact that you should get more basic space, but comsidering how much funds they are losing already, making invetory enlarging free or with mp would be very bad and it doesn make sense to cost, it does in other games too. Also i didn't say infinite, but i believe that the inventory should be made to fit all of the parts and weapons in the game if u want to have all of them. And it can only benefit them.

• Like 1

Everything you're asking about is very much possible, and I think they'd be great additions to the game. Capping the inventory space should really not be a thing, it should at the very least be increased quite a bit, the default should probably be closer to 200 at the bare minimum, I feel like in the beta it was 80? Not sure. Inventory expansions should be available in the shop with MP/RT options, but the majority of players shouldn't really need to purchase them, the default capacity should be enough for most people.

The sorting feature is definitely something we do need also, an alphabetical sort at the very least would be great. Sorting by MP/RT and duration (unlimited, 7 days, etc) would be nice too but I'm not sure how complex they'd want to go.

Locking items and/or favoriting them would be amazing also, almost being able to "pin" items to the top of your inventory or something, and making sure they aren't able to be deleted or sold sounds great. I remember the pain of selling all the extra capsule and hammer items and accidentally selling something I didn't mean to. An extra warning on selling something unlimited would be nice as well.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, BioWarz said:

Another inventory addition I think could be useful are folders. You could sort, arrange and collate your items however you wanted in more concise and organized ways. This may also make the UI/Layout of the inventory a bit complicated though

Yeah, just wanted to teply that it is a lot more work to go to folders than just remember where the iteam is, even in 1000 iteams i can esily find some iteams from memory. The biggest point i wanted to make in this post was that i wish for a lot more inventory space.

1 hour ago, BioWarz said:

Fair enough, but I don't see any harm in this being added anyway. Some people may not have this item muscle memory, or might just enjoy another form of orginization. There are (although inventory space is one of the biggest issues) a lot of quality-of-life imrpovements that can be made to the inventory system, so I thought it would be appropiate to suggest an idea that could work well

I didn't mean it in the way that it was not apreciated, but all this people come with ideas, maybe most of the actually good, and saying that it would do no harm, but in essence what we need to understand when making demands and suggesting things for the earlt steps of the game we should be realistic and realize that they took like 5 years to change the stats of the weapons. Adding something experimental and tottaly new to the game involves them developing that system, wasting time and resources. So considering that they don't even bother assigning a larger staff to the game, the possibilities are small. That's why in the post I asked if it's possible and anybody who knows about game design can confirm that it's possible. All ideas are valid and at one point most of them are usable, and if people don't like them so be it, they should be able to deactivate them from the settings. I was highlighting something that didn't really need any furthure development, the enlargement of inventory cap and the basic inventory space which is excruciatingly small. But of course, all ideas are usable at some point if enough people need them as new features.