General Discussion

Amelia sketch! (And also rant)

Zissy

Hellooooo~! I wanna discuss something and its about the missed opportunities about the character (outside of the OG5)

If there's anything im still pissed and bitter about MVS its the lack of knox and C.H.I.P sets........aaaand also how the other characters basically got the end of the stick.

What do i mean by that? The other characters didn't get that much sets as much as the OG 5 did.

And its literally so easy to come up with sets for them, anyone with a creative brain can come up with ORIGINAL SETS! Like each character in MVS has their own uniqueness and charm to them and thats what makes them stand out and different. But then of course they got lazy with the other characters, just look at Amelia and Sophitia.

Why didn't they make more original sets for them when its so easy? Theres so many fashion styles the possibilities are endless but nooooo they just slapped in a naomi set and called it a day. Basically like a copy and pasted.

Dont get me started on simon and sharkill because they got it even worse, especially sharkill..at least simon has some original sets but sharkill only has that ugly recolour and him shirtless.

And that also got me thinking, if they aren't gonna pay or even add any effort then why did they bother making a character in the first place? The other characters are a wasted potential..i could go on and on but i dont wanna make this post unreadable so have this Amelia sketch i did, i wish i could finish it but i have classes today 

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night! ヾ⁠(⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠*⁠)⁠ノ

IMG_5361.PNG

• Like 3

I feel like when they released then ew characters they didnt have or wanted to use resources on making new sets for them, honestly i dont expect that to change once microvolts comes out. Although some elven sets would look amazing for our lovely elf or even a guillie suit since those use folliage and greenary, its perfect. Nice drawing too, face reminds me of a mix of skadii and mudrock from arknights. You could do more of these maybe even come up with some designs or draw ideas from peoples comments, i say this mostly becausei  wanna see her in a guillie suit. Ill give you a hug for it.

My friends and I often talk about the idea of simply removing the "extra" figures until a decent amount of cosmetics could be made for them, Simon/$harkill/Amelia/Sophitia, all just don't really feel right tbh. They feel rushed in all honesty. I'd love for the game to simply just be Naomi, Pandora, Knox, CHIP, and Kai. At least for a little while, it'd be a lot simpler and I honestly don't think many people used a lot of the "DLC figures", they were not nearly as popular as the rest.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Volt said:

My friends and I often talk about the idea of simply removing the "extra" figures until a decent amount of cosmetics could be made for them, Simon/$harkill/Amelia/Sophitia, all just don't really feel right tbh. They feel rushed in all honesty. I'd love for the game to simply just be Naomi, Pandora, Knox, CHIP, and Kai. At least for a little while, it'd be a lot simpler and I honestly don't think many people used a lot of the "DLC figures", they were not nearly as popular as the rest.

Simon was used quite a lot when it was first introduced because of the ridiculous ammount of explosion and bullet resistance it gave you.

6 hours ago, Zissy said:

Why didn't they make more original sets for them when its so easy? Theres so many fashion styles the possibilities are endless but nooooo they just slapped in a naomi set and called it a day. Basically like a copy and pasted.

Dont get me started on simon and sharkill because they got it even worse, especially sharkill..at least simon has some original sets but sharkill only has that ugly recolour and him shirtless.

And that also got me thinking, if they aren't gonna pay or even add any effort then why did they bother making a character in the first place?

Quick cash grab, I also wouldn't say they got lazy but they were running out of budget to handle employing people with original concepts. Remember that they started porting over arms races weapons and JP sets at the end of MVS because of this. It's not "super easy" to make concepts for sets that people will generally enjoy, there's quite afew sets that got shafted because nobody cared about them (like the oil barrel chip set). Sure we can make "easy" pretty concepts but we're also not working for a company that needs to sell said concepts to a large playerbase. And majority of the time, from what I've seen in other games, people who say "I'll buy that!" never actually buy it. 

To put it simply, they didn't get lazy, they ran out of budget and eventually couldn't keep employing graphic designers I assume, which is why towards the end we got reskins and why we were able to get new content (like the OP ability sets) but having them be reskins basically. It feels like the graphic designers were the first to be let go.

21 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Quick cash grab, I also wouldn't say they got lazy but they were running out of budget to handle employing people with original concepts. Remember that they started porting over arms races weapons and JP sets at the end of MVS because of this. It's not "super easy" to make concepts for sets that people will generally enjoy, there's quite afew sets that got shafted because nobody cared about them (like the oil barrel chip set). Sure we can make "easy" pretty concepts but we're also not working for a company that needs to sell said concepts to a large playerbase. And majority of the time, from what I've seen in other games, people who say "I'll buy that!" never actually buy it. 

To put it simply, they didn't get lazy, they ran out of budget and eventually couldn't keep employing graphic designers I assume, which is why towards the end we got reskins and why we were able to get new content (like the OP ability sets) but having them be reskins basically. It feels like the graphic designers were the first to be let go.

Good point, but im still bitter about it. They probably gonna remove the extra figures when the games out (thats what i think anyways) 

Knowing that MVS is a small game with a small community i could understand why they'd cut corners.

But if its a quick crash grab then why bother going far and beyond to make new characters if they just quick cash? They could just make sets for the OG 5 im sure some people would buy it.

If they do intend to remove the extra figures..no one would probably care because they aren't as memorable as the OG5, sure some people would be upset but thats about it.

What a shame though... D '

4 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

Simon was used quite a lot when it was first introduced because of the ridiculous ammount of explosion and bullet resistance it gave you.

I actually loved playing Simon, out of all the "DLC figures" he was by far my favorite. His Raven set was far more detailed than like any other set in the game and I thought it was so cool, I like his voice a lot more than the others too. I still used CHIP like 90% of the time though.

5 hours ago, Volt said:

I actually loved playing Simon, out of all the "DLC figures" he was by far my favorite. His Raven set was far more detailed than like any other set in the game and I thought it was so cool, I like his voice a lot more than the others too. I still used CHIP like 90% of the time though.

Simon was pretty cool, his demon set was also pretty nice. Sophitia was cute but just ended up becoming naomi 2. Amelia was butt ugly (sorry lol) and sharkill pretty much didn't exist.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Simon was pretty cool, his demon set was also pretty nice. Sophitia was cute but just ended up becoming naomi 2. Amelia was butt ugly (sorry lol) and sharkill pretty much didn't exist.

Second to that but sophi jesus had some nice badonkers, pretty round dohoonkabhankoloos, the best hungolomghnonoloughongous in the game. I need sleep

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, desafinado56 said:

Second to that but sophi jesus had some nice badonkers, pretty round dohoonkabhankoloos, the best hungolomghnonoloughongous in the game. I need sleep

🤨 

I fully comprehend your dismay at the lack of creative potential for characters outside the OG5 in Microvolts. It's regrettable to note that some characters did not receive as many sets as the OG 5, despite their unique characteristics and charm that set them apart from the rest. The missed opportunities for original and creative sets for these characters are indeed unfortunate.

It is a source of disappointment to realize that the developers did not put forth the necessary effort to create more sets for these characters. The extensive range of fashion styles available would have provided countless opportunities to develop unique designs that would highlight the individuality of each character. The absence of additional sets, particularly for characters such as Simon and Sharkill, is a lamentable occurrence.

One should take into consideration that developing additional sets can be a time-consuming and resource-intensive process. It is plausible that the developers were compelled to prioritize other aspects of the game, leading to fewer sets for certain characters. Nevertheless, it is understandable that some players feel let down by this.

Furthermore, I appreciate the artwork that you contributed, specifically the Amelia sketch. It is evident that you possess remarkable artistic skills, and your effort to provide original content is commendable.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this matter. I hope that your day or night goes splendidly!

- sent on my Apple iPhone 4S

• Like 1
3 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

FtZh0MxXwAQtma2.jpg

9 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

gr45gt45g.jpeg