General Discussion

News about updates and changes

OGSapphire

I know this topic is repeated a lot by the community but we need some news even if they are new, old, good, bad and so on we need to know what you guys are really doing, the team needs to announce something about changes and updates we will comment if its good or bad & the team will think about it, we are really trying to help you guys i know its hard to communicate with us because of different timelines but atleast theres something. If the silent treatment goes further till the next beta and we will have the same thing as the last 2 close betas(just some changes of numbers on weapons), there will be less people actually interested in this game even the veterans of the game. I for one am trying to come up with new concepts of maps, others are thinking and doing new skins & concepts aswell, theres a topic about it and if i say so myself theres some really good concepts there. About the gamemodes there really arent many that you could add but we can suggest them and you guys will try to make them but i didnt really see any of the staff team really talking about this, a reply is good enough(i saw a reply from GM Levi some time ago that we wouldnt be too suprised about the new changes but it doesnt really matter, all that matters is that we know your doing something and are not giving us false hope).

We all know the team is busy but it isnt that much work to write something that the added, removed or even changed something and make an announcement it doesnt matter if its big or small we just need something so we know that were going to see this game release and not be sold to another company or die completely.

P.S : Sorry if my english is bad.

Edited by Sapphire
  • Like 3

It's funny cuz it could make the process so much faster if they told us what they changed BEFORE betas, that way we can tell them if it's good or not. They could run polls, ask for feedback, and ask what should change before they test another beta.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thing is for them to give us feedback they would have to pile more work on leo which as far as we know is the only person working on the game. Were yet to see anyone else talk to us since microvolts the account is leos alt account and the gm one is his second personality manifesting in an account.

Theres ryan aswell, i actually saw the list on the forum of staff and there more than 5 but we dont know the whole team so we cant say anything about that.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's funny cuz it could make the process so much faster if they told us what they changed BEFORE betas, that way we can tell them if it's good or not. They could run polls, ask for feedback, and ask what should change before they test another beta.

This is spot on, I wish they'd do this. I said in a previous post that it only took ~3 hours of gameplay to find the strongest weapons and all the weapons that were too weak/need a rework. I bet the same could be done without even pushing a new beta phase, just looking at the stats of some of these weapons is wild. Non-balance changes would be even easier to criticize, though I think they do a great job in every other field besides balance.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Volt said:

This is spot on, I wish they'd do this. I said in a previous post that it only took ~3 hours of gameplay to find the strongest weapons and all the weapons that were too weak/need a rework. I bet the same could be done without even pushing a new beta phase, just looking at the stats of some of these weapons is wild. Non-balance changes would be even easier to criticize, though I think they do a great job in every other field besides balance.

They couldve done this in the previous close betas but they preferred to do it after the close betas ended, it wouldve been better if they did in the same close betas and maybe make them longer, in total of 4 weeks both betas one beta consisting of 2 weeks and the other the same with polls each 2-3 days or everyday.

Edited by Sapphire
13 hours ago, Sapphire said:

They couldve done this in the previous close betas but they preferred to do it after the close betas ended, it wouldve been better if they did in the same close betas and maybe make them longer, in total of 4 weeks both betas one beta consisting of 2 weeks and the other the same with polls each 2-3 days or everyday.

I'd really prefer like 2 betas per month, each lasting a week, and detailing their philosophy of the changes, along with communicating during the betas, and after to talk about what's change and their priorities now. It shouldn't take 3 betas to get a good balance, at this rate I'm going to be very sad if it's not at least good. I genuinely think if they went back to the old Microvolts Surge stats of the shop weapons and tweaked them slightly for balance and variety that it would be absolutely amazing. I think they're almost trying too hard, balancing isn't exactly easy, but it shouldn't take so long, what you need is a strong philosophy and consistency, all of which can be basically perfected using math and ratios. I'd do anything to help them more but it seems they don't want outside help. I hope it turns out well, I really do, but I've done everything I can already.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, Volt said:

I'd really prefer like 2 betas per month, each lasting a week, and detailing their philosophy of the changes, along with communicating during the betas, and after to talk about what's change and their priorities now. It shouldn't take 3 betas to get a good balance, at this rate I'm going to be very sad if it's not at least good. I genuinely think if they went back to the old Microvolts Surge stats of the shop weapons and tweaked them slightly for balance and variety that it would be absolutely amazing. I think they're almost trying too hard, balancing isn't exactly easy, but it shouldn't take so long, what you need is a strong philosophy and consistency, all of which can be basically perfected using math and ratios. I'd do anything to help them more but it seems they don't want outside help. I hope it turns out well, I really do, but I've done everything I can already.

With you in regards to surge. The game itself was fine the main issue were paywalls but if you looked at the whole game without minding prices it was kinda well balanced.
If they started a big beta that lasted longer than a week and made changes as things went this could be going at a much smoother pace, as opposed to leaving us in the dark for two months to change a couple numbers.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

With you in regards to surge. The game itself was fine the main issue were paywalls but if you looked at the whole game without minding prices it was kinda well balanced.
If they started a big beta that lasted longer than a week and made changes as things went this could be going at a much smoother pace, as opposed to leaving us in the dark for two months to change a couple numbers.

Yeah Surge really wasn't too bad in terms of balancing of the base weapons, and I don't see these developers straying away from the 3 standard weapon variants were weapon class. If they just took those and tweaked them slightly I think it'd be great, if they don't have those numbers I'm sure someone does, sw1ndle probably. The problem with Surge is that basically every paid item was stronger than any MP item in many ways, some getting extreme like certain god weapons, which obviously makes no sense and is P2W and has no place in a modern game.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Volt said:

Yeah Surge really wasn't too bad in terms of balancing of the base weapons, and I don't see these developers straying away from the 3 standard weapon variants were weapon class. If they just took those and tweaked them slightly I think it'd be great, if they don't have those numbers I'm sure someone does, sw1ndle probably. The problem with Surge is that basically every paid item was stronger than any MP item in many ways, some getting extreme like certain god weapons, which obviously makes no sense and is P2W and has no place in a modern game.

Pretty well said, I just hope they take it into account.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Volt said:

Thats the thing 3 weapons per class just doesnt sit well. I would prefer if they were to grab every single weapon from the capsule divide it in half where one half have stats and the other are skins, more work but games need variety as far as weapons go even if its a small difference. 
Rt weapons were all better than mp ones that was by design to sell them but if you look at their stats alone they werent overpowered so balancing weapons around rt stats wouldnt be bad they were fine as long as the upgrade system is changed to something that doesnt have a ton of paywalls.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

Thats the thing 3 weapons per class just doesnt sit well. I would prefer if they were to grab every single weapon from the capsule divide it in half where one half have stats and the other are skins, more work but games need variety as far as weapons go even if its a small difference. 
Rt weapons were all better than mp ones that was by design to sell them but if you look at their stats alone they werent overpowered so balancing weapons around rt stats wouldnt be bad they were fine as long as the upgrade system is changed to something that doesnt have a ton of paywalls.

The upgrade system alone should be enough variety, never in MV's history were there weapons where there wasn't a clear option as to what stat would be the best, upgrading should be interesting and lead to a large variety of viable combinations. I'd be completely open for a few other "variants", as it's very possible to create more variety while keeping it balanced. Special series of weapons or something that are especially interesting, like a rifle with very slow fire rate, yet extremely high damage and accuracy. I think god weapons would be really cool to have unique stats if they ever bring them back.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

The upgrade system alone should be enough variety, never in MV's history were there weapons where there wasn't a clear option as to what stat would be the best, upgrading should be interesting and lead to a large variety of viable combinations. I'd be completely open for a few other "variants", as it's very possible to create more variety while keeping it balanced. Special series of weapons or something that are especially interesting, like a rifle with very slow fire rate, yet extremely high damage and accuracy. I think god weapons would be really cool to have unique stats if they ever bring them back.

Thats part of the idea but for example for rifles if they were to draw a line bwteen pepper and ak and put every other weapon in between those two it would be pretty nice, also ignore the weapons actualy stats what i meant with that example is the way they worked, pepper being accurate and fast firing but having little damage while the ak being the opposite. However the idea of having series of weapons that function differently, like auto shotties would be nice and if they are found to be too annoying restrict them to certain gamemodes. The old movic was hardly problematic in zombies.

• Like 2