General Discussion

Community behavior

Greetings!

The topic's goal is to raise awareness by mentioning community issues and solutions as an approach to evade any future conflicts among players.

The players' behavior is an essential element to success. The worse the behavior, the more problems arise, and eventually, the lack of order effects will spread around the community. Stating laws to maintain order is undoubtedly mandatory. Luckily, I have played the game for several years, and as a result, I have become aware of the common problems most players will experience.

Vote kicks:

I suggest automatic vote kicks initiated by a system against players with strange behavior, for instance, killing more than five players with a melee weapon in a second.

Encourage players to consider saving their votes for a chance when faced with true rule breakers rather than rivals, by limiting the number of votes a player can initiate per day.

No-killing: problems usually arise in rooms where players shouldn't be fighting against each other. Non-compliance will promote hatred among the pers, resulting in cursing and insults in the chat.

Solution: make use of the existing game mode where dying is impossible and modify it to reward players with points based on the time they stayed active in the room.

Cross-teaming: such behavior causes an imbalance in teams besides prolonging the duration of the match.

Solution: declare rules to condemn such behavior.

Conditionally titled rooms:

Titles like CSD, no-kill, no tank. Just as with the previous situation, non-compliance may lead to vote kicks.

Solution: provide a statement that clarifies whether conditionally titled rooms should be adhered to.

While the developers are busy with technical issues, let's improve the environment for our new players and create the community we've all wanted during our childhood experience. Since we have no clue whether the existing staff team played the previous versions of Microvolts, it might be wise to let them know the most common issues they'll experience with this community.

You are welcome to take part in this conversation.

Edited by SeaWasp
  • Like 6

MV community is TRASH and TOXIC 

90% of player are ready to use CHEAT and GMs cannot ban him BECAUSE they're buying RT for $$

Edited by NorMan

I have to agree with your ideas, though with the automatic kick it could bring probems if implemented wrong. The main problem though is that even though it has been 5 years people havent changed a thing, they havent grown up. People dont understand that a good game starts with a good community. You got killed ? Turn that into a positive, you still have room to improve. Someone is abusing exploit or overpowered items ? Show them that youre capable of beating a stronger foe with worse equipment. Someone being an ass and calling you names ? Dont lower yourself to their level, simply mute them. Its time that we show that we have grown a bit and put asside pride and let the community be a friendly and welcoming place.

Edited by desafinado56
  • Like 2

Solution: make use of the existing game mode where dying is impossible and modify it to reward players with points based on the time they stayed active in the room.

Wouldn't this cause people to afk farm in rooms and hold spots?

But otherwise I agree with alot of this.

Edited by Tanooki
2 hours ago, SeaWasp said:

I suggest automatic vote kicks initiated by a system against players with strange behavior, for instance, killing more than five players with a melee weapon in a second.

Exceptions shouldn't be treated as rules. It's much more efficient to add server-side checks for strange behaviors like that.

Encourage players to consider saving their votes for a chance when faced with true rule breakers rather than rivals, by limiting the number of votes a player can initiate per day.

Agreed, but that number should be somewhat dynamic. There isn't a magic number that will fit players who play 1h/day and players who play 10h/day.

No-killing: problems usually arise in rooms where players shouldn't be fighting against each other. Non-compliance will promote hatred among the pers, resulting in cursing and insults in the chat.

The square mode (plaza) is made for that. I see no point in rewarding players for "playing" it, though.

Conditionally titled rooms:

Titles like CSD, no-kill, no tank. Just as with the previous situation, non-compliance may lead to vote kicks.

Solution: provide a statement that clarifies whether conditionally titled rooms should be adhered to.

The best solution for that would be "room templates/rules", since those titles leave room for interpretation. Some players think you can use accessories on CSD, others think golden-god weapons are allowed on "non-god" rooms, etc. Sure, we can explain what you can or can't use, but new players would have no idea what those titles mean, since they wouldn't bother reading the forum before trying the game.
Having templates would be visual for every player on the room, and if they have any item that does not match the rules, it would be changed to the default item in-game.

Overall, good points, though IMO some need dev work to be well-handled.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NorMan said:

MV community is TRASH and TOXIC 

Creating a more suitable environment for the game to succeed is necessary. Our community is not limited to the old player base, so the percentage you mentioned should significantly decrease when new players participate. 

Thank you for taking a part in this conversation.

Edited by SeaWasp
6 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

I have to agree with your ideas, though with the automatic kick it could bring probems if implemented wrong.

You are right, the developers should determine the variable parameters for each case correctly before building a rule for automated vote-kicks.

Edited by SeaWasp
4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wouldn't this cause people to afk farm in rooms and hold spots?

But otherwise I agree with alot of this.

Players were already doing this behavior either by putting a weight on the keyboard or moving forward -in-game then clicking "alt+tab".
"AFK" players usually get killed and benefit other players by improving their kill/death ratio through illegitimate kills.
My suggestion won't stop players from being AFK. If the developers fail to overcome such technical exploits, reports sent by players or staff interference will be required.

3 hours ago, Tipico said:

Agreed, but that number should be somewhat dynamic. There isn't a magic number that will fit players who play 1h/day and players who play 10h/day.

It won't be possible to find the right amount for each player. On the contrary, it can be possible to grant different numbers based on the account levels. The mentioned approach seems better than setting a vote-kick fine of 100MP as an attempt to reduce false kicks.

3 hours ago, Tipico said:

The square mode (plaza) is made for that. I see no point in rewarding players for "playing" it, though.

A few MP points should be enough as a reward for such activity. EXP points shouldn't be rewarded. 
Time is one's most valuable element. Believe it or not, a portion of players are ready to spend a considerable amount of their time in such rooms. The more players are online, the better the statistical ranking, leading to a larger player base.

Thank you for taking part in this conversation. Your opinions are valued.

maybe its just me, but ive always liked having rooms to hang out and chat- its considered part mmo, right?

i feel like time in the game should be rewarded, even if its an extremely small amount- if its a very small amount, it wouldnt be appealing to afk on?

Edited by Count Bleck
8 hours ago, Count Bleck said:

i feel like time in the game should be rewarded, even if its an extremely small amount- if its a very small amount, it wouldnt be appealing to afk on?

That's the message I'm trying to deliver, even if the rewarded points are limited to a few MP.

8 hours ago, Count Bleck said:

maybe its just me, but ive always liked having rooms to hang out and chat- its considered part mmo, right?

For the time being, a few players are unaware of the problems that will occur. Let's wait until the game is released. Maybe then some players will reconsider their opinion.