General Discussion

question for beta testers

K3GKU

Soo there was a thread with an ingame screenshot in which I saw that the player had "2440 HP"

Since i mostly played microvolts when there was 1000 max hp (not counting HP equipment)

I wanted to ask if they kept (from the microvolts surge) the bonuses that gave you defence against ammo/rockets etc.

Even today you can chose if players should have 1000/1500/2000 hp max without parts, I think it was an option in the beta too, but they will probably add it to the official release. U probably played very early in the game bcs in mv, I think even before surge, players had 2000 hp without parts. Now, they have added bonus hp for some characters, as it was in mv, but i think they gave bonus hp in tutorial, i was bamboozled by it too, but seeing how we didn't have that bonus after the tutorial i think it was just for that stage of the game. But the parts' stats were very broken. I did not like the beta that much bcs of the parts and their stats mainly.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sorel said:

Even today you can chose if players should have 1000/1500/2000 hp max without parts, I think it was an option in the beta too, but they will probably add it to the official release. U probably played very early in the game bcs in mv, I think even before surge, players had 2000 hp without parts. Now, they have added bonus hp for some characters, as it was in mv, but i think they gave bonus hp in tutorial, i was bamboozled by it too, but seeing how we didn't have that bonus after the tutorial i think it was just for that stage of the game. But the parts' stats were very broken. I did not like the beta that much bcs of the parts and their stats mainly.

yea, i played microvolts in 2011-2013, since i cna't post links from youtube, try to search for "microvolts nation cup - romania vs brazil"

that video was in 2012 and as u can see there was 1k max hp (+bonus hp from equipment)

there were also not so many "god weapons" (i think they were introduced in that capsule thing in microvolts surge?)

3 hours ago, K3GKU said:

I wanted to ask if they kept (from the microvolts surge) the bonuses that gave you defence against ammo/rockets etc.

Yeah, they're still in the game. They also changed the basic character hp to ~2300(not sure if it was a bug or not  but if you bought nonupgraded parts from the shop you'd have 2000hp). You could also upgrade parts(from lvl 0 to 1 and choose between hp-ms and bullet armor-explosive armor).

2 hours ago, Avero said:

Yeah, they're still in the game. They also changed the basic character hp to ~2300(not sure if it was a bug or not  but if you bought nonupgraded parts from the shop you'd have 2000hp). You could also upgrade parts(from lvl 0 to 1 and choose between hp-ms and bullet armor-explosive armor).

Yeah the basic parts you automatically have, have stats

Ever since the "Surge" update for Microvolts back in late 2013, all characters have a base HP of 2000, instead of 1000.

22 hours ago, K3GKU said:

Soo there was a thread with an ingame screenshot in which I saw that the player had "2440 HP"

Since i mostly played microvolts when there was 1000 max hp (not counting HP equipment)

Yeah but in a different way. Now basic outfits do have stats HP, speed, ammo and bullet resistence. 2320 is 'default' HP for beta they might change back to 2000, but we will see. We had 1000 HP max (with basic only) til Surge update was came out, they swap it to 2000 HP as default as well as different stats such as Naomi got more speed, Knox have more HP with 80 and Simon have more bullet resistence.

if you go further back there was also 100 hp max and stats according to the default health, health shouldn't be much of a issue as long as weapon stats are balanced for that, i would rather say run speed to be balanced and be just part of bonus from parts not as character basic stat.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sw1ndle said:

if you go further back there was also 100 hp max and stats according to the default health, health shouldn't be much of a issue as long as weapon stats are balanced for that, i would rather say run speed to be balanced and be just part of bonus from parts not as character basic stat.

Damn, beat me to it! (Must have been strange going from 100 to 1000 though)

Edited by Spiffy
Spelling mistake