General Discussion

Unpopular opinion

Boryte

So I've seen lots of old players complaining about the new system. About weapons etc, they want to revert everything to the way it was. I think that's a major problem and limits the game from updating and attracting a new player base.
Let's be real, most of the old players are no longer competitive, we've played this game for a decade and most are out of touch what really attracts the new player base.
MicroVolts was an amazing game as it was yes, for 2012. But it's been a decade now. A lot has changed, especially in gaming. Gaming as a whole has evolved and most of the new playerbase won't find MicroVolts appealing if it stays the same as it was a decade ago.

I'm just saying that yes, we should suggest new things but I think people who suggest things just to revert to old changes shouldn't be listened to.
The development team listens to the community and passionatiely works on the project as we have seen. It's important we have faith in their development and ideas.

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Boryte said:

most of the old players are no longer competitive

I found MV attractive for its uniqueness in appearance, mechanics, characters and the music rather than the TPS factor of killing other players to assert dominance, but that doesn't matter because it's subjective. So, personally, I don't find this conclusion valid because it's more about how you play the game, there always will be players like that. Heck, I think probably there is still some old MV players who like to assert competitiveness for some reason right here.

But I see your point, I would like MV's back-end to be modernized to fit the new potential players the new decade has to offer. Of course they would fail if they only try to sell their game to the old MV players with old metagame systems and frustrating experience to new players.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, miwafoxl said:

I found MV attractive for its uniqueness in appearance, mechanics, characters and the music rather than the TPS factor of killing other players to assert dominance, but that doesn't matter because it's subjective. So, personally, I don't find this conclusion valid because it's more about how you play the game, there always will be players like that. Heck, I think probably there is still some old MV players who like to assert competitiveness for some reason right here.

But I see your point, I would like MV's back-end to be modernized to fit the new potential players the new decade has to offer. Of course they would fail if they only try to sell their game to the old MV players with old metagame systems and frustrating experience to new players.

I second this, sure the game needs to be more modern, but it's a toy game based around toys. Alot of the old UI and sounds fit the art style, the direction it's going now in terms of visuals seems more like CoD which doesn't fit the cartoony nature of the game. I'm all for new changes if they fit the game's style! The old UI was also way more intuitive and easier to understand, at least imo.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I second this, sure the game needs to be more modern, but it's a toy game based around toys. Alot of the old UI and sounds fit the art style, the direction it's going now in terms of visuals seems more like CoD which doesn't fit the cartoony nature of the game. I'm all for new changes if they fit the game's style! The old UI was also way more intuitive and easier to understand, at least imo.

Yes yes, I agree. These kinds of things really really fits very naturally in MV and I love it. I was talking more about the back-end of the game such as weapon stats, players speed and all this stuff "under the table" that would be nice if was modernized to create more fair opportunities to fight against other players, especially for new players who doesn't know nothing and just want to have some fun.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, miwafoxl said:

Never said anything about changing the core features and mechanics of the game but there are ton of people complaining about change how zolo is now kw and kw is bombard. They're making a scene about it while it's literally just skin change. 

I agree that they should try to keep the theme to fit toyish feeling if that's the word. 

• Haha 1