General Discussion

We need moderators, and can we apply?

Tanooki

It seems people are going to start advertising cheat programs (they already started), and I've seen plenty of people being rude to each other and being toxic without getting warnings. I was wondering if I, and maybe afew others can apply for moderator on the forums? The devs are already busy as is and shouldn't use their time to moderate the forums but instead focus on the game. We need active and respected people to be moderating to make sure the forum is kept clean and without cheaters and people "trolling".

I just want to nip this in the bud before it becomes an issue (cheaters start spamming), how do you guys feel about it? Can any devs respond when they can?

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It seems people are going to start advertising cheat programs (they already started), and I've seen plenty of people being rude to each other and being toxic without getting warnings. I was wondering if I, and maybe afew others can apply for moderator on the forums? The devs are already busy as is and shouldn't use their time to moderate the forums but instead focus on the game. We need active and respected people to be moderating to make sure the forum is kept clean and without cheaters and people "trolling".

I just want to nip this in the bud before it becomes an issue (cheaters start spamming), how do you guys feel about it? Can any devs respond when they can?

about toxic peoples this will only be resolved in the final version of the game, where there will be specific people (moderators) working to give the punishments. Not necessary now, because the beta has another objective and many players are testing cheats, bugs and exploits to helping developers to patched this, so that in the future there will be no more violations in the final phase of the project.

4 minutes ago, simple said:

about toxic peoples this will only be resolved in the final version of the game, where there will be specific people (moderators) working to give the punishments. Not necessary now, because the beta has another objective and many players are testing cheats, bugs and exploits to helping developers to patched this, so that in the future there will be no more violations in the final phase of the project.

I fail to see how getting forum moderators will slow down or affect beta testing at all. We've already gotten most feedback, and we're going to need moderation in general due to the lack of any management on forum activity. Getting active moderators makes their jobs easier, not hinder it.

I'd like to help as well. Ever since that guy advertised his damn cheat, I always see ppl accusing one another. Happened to me as well. 

Not to mention ppl hardcore flaming others and insulting. .

Like ㅡ it's getting annoying at this point.

Edited by Angel
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Angel said:

I'd like to help as well. Ever since that guy advertised his damn cheat, I always see ppl accusing one another. Happened to me as well. 

Not to mention ppl hardcore flaming others and insulting. .

Like ㅡ it's getting annoying at this point.

It's getting silly at this point honestly.

15 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It's getting silly at this point honestly.

For real. I don't wanna call out anyone but Fuchsia, X1X1 and dreaming were annoying me as hell today with accusations. . .

I literally had a 9 hour sleep for once after a month of 1-2h sleep only. 

Sorry I was more aware of my surroundings and had better aim than usual I guess. Jesus christ.

Sorry but I'm annoyed as hell.

48 minutes ago, Angel said:

For real. I don't wanna call out anyone but Fuchsia, X1X1 and dreaming were annoying me as hell today with accusations. . .

I literally had a 9 hour sleep for once after a month of 1-2h sleep only. 

Sorry I was more aware of my surroundings and had better aim than usual I guess. Jesus christ.

Sorry but I'm annoyed as hell.

This is what happens when cheaters are allowed to run around unpunished, then defended on the forums, everyone ends up attacking each other. :c False accusations and blaming the wrong people etc..

Edited by Tanooki
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

This is what happens when cheaters are allowed to run around unpunished, then defended on the forums, everyone ends up attacking each other. :c False accusations and blaming the wrong people etc..

Yep. 

Apparently my movement was weird and not "pro like" for my aim. 

But like ㅡ Aim has nothing to do with movement. 

18 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Is it just the forum you want to apply to or are you trying to get the same perks as the old MOD team from surge where they can also moderate in-game? 

I really believe they won't open applications since their other game titles also don't have moderators from what I've seen. I hope they change that for MV but as of now it doesn't look like its on the table, least for closed beta. We'd just have to endure it and bring it up as feedback anytime the devs post.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SpectralWolfeh said:

Is it just the forum you want to apply to or are you trying to get the same perks as the old MOD team from surge where they can also moderate in-game? 

I really believe they won't open applications since their other game titles also don't have moderators from what I've seen. I hope they change that for MV but as of now it doesn't look like its on the table, least for closed beta. We'd just have to endure it and bring it up as feedback anytime the devs post.

Just the forum, I don't think they'd have active moderators ingame, and I doubt I'd even be one of them unless by chance or if people wanted that. I honestly just want to be able to help and fix up the forum in ways they can't due to being busy and having different time zones. I see alot of things people want, and even the image / linking issue, but they aren't fixing it and all it would take is some moderators to help them out.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Game Forums Should be clean of toxic players and hack advertizing . I personally remember the first years of MV the forums were amazingly active and friendly. So i tottaly agree with your suggestion. We need Forum Moderators ASAP.

radio_34.png

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, VRock said:

I don't know if that cheat advert is still there but, considering how many cheaters have been ecountered. . .I don't think they're banning people.

😕

Edited by Angel
  • Sad 1

+1 for Ingame Mods Not Forum Mods 

Theres already a report feature for posts just report the posts and they should take it down unless its just their for show.

Edited by KiritoAims
27 minutes ago, KiritoAims said:

+1 for Ingame Mods Not Forum Mods 

Theres already a report feature for posts just report the posts and they should take it down unless its just their for show.

Having a lackluster report feature doesn't make up for the lack of moderation. And there can be both, I never understood why alot of people think things have to be black and white, you can have both, it's not either or, y'know?

Edited by Tanooki

They will probably recruit staff when the game officially opens but lets hope its sooner or the devs will play/watch the suspicious ones and ban them. If they would add a report system it would be kinda useless since the xigncode isnt that good, they would need one like BattleEye imo but they dont have the budget for it yet as they said.

Edited by Sapphire
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Sapphire said:

They will probably recruit staff when the game officially opens but lets hope its sooner or the devs will play/watch the suspicious ones and ban them. If they would add a report system it would be kinda useless since the xigncode isnt that good, they would need one like BattleEye imo but they dont have the budget for it yet as they said.

That seems feasible actually, and makes sense.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:10 PM, Tanooki said:

Having a lackluster report feature doesn't make up for the lack of moderation. And there can be both, I never understood why alot of people think things have to be black and white, you can have both, it's not either or, y'know?

We're still in beta, they have alot of work ahead. They haven't even pushed forward any information about moderation/staff yet. Calm yourself down, they can't do 400 things in the same time.

• Confused 1

I'd love to apply as a moderator or something, anything to help out. I'm trying to give as much feedback as I can to do so, but it's clear that we need some help in-game also. I was called so many horrible things in this beta alone, just blatant harassment, and I knew there wasn't a single developer/moderator in game to ban them or deal with the situation. It was quite sad playing my childhood game for the first time in 5 years and being called profanities and just horrible, disgusting words...

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Micro said:

I'd love to apply as a moderator or something, anything to help out. I'm trying to give as much feedback as I can to do so, but it's clear that we need some help in-game also. I was called so many horrible things in this beta alone, just blatant harassment, and I knew there wasn't a single developer/moderator in game to ban them or deal with the situation. It was quite sad playing my childhood game for the first time in 5 years and being called profanities and just horrible, disgusting words...

That's what I'm saying! Just being able to help would be nice, and the devs wouldn't have to worry too much about forum management and stuff.