General Discussion

We're currently in a beta stalemate (devs please read this)

Tanooki

So as of now, Leo, Ryan, and the owner of the MICROVOLTS account, have been reading and acknowledging feedback. This is great! But, now  we're at a stalemate for various reasons.

1. We've already provided all the feedback necessary to cover most of the games issues. This means we either need more testers, or more things to test. (or both)

2. Things have come to their attention, great, now we're in the waiting phase, the devs need to start working on some patches (I know it's only been 2 days, I'm not rushing it) and the sooner we get updates / fixes, the sooner we can work on feedback again.

3. The beta may have to be public, or may need at least 1000 - 2000 more keys distributed. At the moment there's no way to test how many players the server can handle, and it could be a nightmare if an official release gets servers overloaded because they had no experience with overloads during the beta. This alongside the fact that people can't find games anymore to test makes it hard to play the game. This can also be tested with, you guessed it, EU servers. (there's also a steam linked email bug, please fix that for the players who can't recieve keys because they generate an inaccessible email when they linked their steam acct, or give keys to active players on the forum)

4. Again, we need new modes, this isn't about us being eager to play the game, it's about us needing things to test. We don't know if boss battle is buggy, we don't know if the bomb battle glitches still exist, we don't know if arms race has the damage scaling bug where weapons did pre-surge damage (very weak).

5. A roadmap / update thread from the devs would be very helpful for communication. They can have a thread where they constantly update what they're working on, planning to fix, and have acknowledged, this could also prevent repeat questions, threads, and posts. Making it easier to submit new feedback.

Leo, Ryan, and the rest of the team, if you read this, please consider these DURING the current beta test. I don't know how much work you guys are doing right now, maybe alot, maybe alittle, and I understand how intimidating all of this is considering you guys have no real experience with MV....but us as players are only trying to help and make the game as good as it used to be. I've seen Leo deflect some of the positive feedback in some threads, sounding abit stubborn and refusing some of the changes ALOT of people have been asking for, but please try to have abit more of an open mind. I'm not trying to insult the devs, I understand it's hard, but alot of us have a general idea, based on feedback, how we want the game to play out.

And to everyone else reading this, please try to keep this thread bumped up, or if the devs could sticky it that would be great, we need to ensure direct contact with them as much as we can and keep them aware of not only the issues with the CBT, but also with communication and the forum. They've been communicating alot, and let's make sure they stay with this positive outlook on the game and community.

Cheers, let's try to keep this game alive, it's gunna be hard but we can do it. At the moment, we're waiting on the devs, so hopefully they're doing their best!

sorry for the wall of text :x

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
46 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So as of now, Leo, Ryan, and the owner of the MICROVOLTS account, have been reading and acknowledging feedback. This is great! But, now  we're at a stalemate for various reasons.

1. We've already provided all the feedback necessary to cover most of the games issues. This means we either need more testers, or more things to test. (or both)

2. Things have come to their attention, great, now we're in the waiting phase, the devs need to start working on some patches (I know it's only been 2 days, I'm not rushing it) and the sooner we get updates / fixes, the sooner we can work on feedback again.

3. The beta may have to be public, or may need at least 1000 - 2000 more keys distributed. At the moment there's no way to test how many players the server can handle, and it could be a nightmare if an official release gets servers overloaded because they had no experience with overloads during the beta. This alongside the fact that people can't find games anymore to test makes it hard to play the game. This can also be tested with, you guessed it, EU servers. (there's also a steam linked email bug, please fix that for the players who can't recieve keys because they generate an inaccessible email when they linked their steam acct, or give keys to active players on the forum)

4. Again, we need new modes, this isn't about us being eager to play the game, it's about us needing things to test. We don't know if boss battle is buggy, we don't know if the bomb battle glitches still exist, we don't know if arms race has the damage scaling bug where weapons did pre-surge damage (very weak).

5. A roadmap / update thread from the devs would be very helpful for communication. They can have a thread where they constantly update what they're working on, planning to fix, and have acknowledged, this could also prevent repeat questions, threads, and posts. Making it easier to submit new feedback.

Leo, Ryan, and the rest of the team, if you read this, please consider these DURING the current beta test. I don't know how much work you guys are doing right now, maybe alot, maybe alittle, and I understand how intimidating all of this is considering you guys have no real experience with MV....but us as players are only trying to help and make the game as good as it used to be. I've seen Leo deflect some of the positive feedback in some threads, sounding abit stubborn and refusing some of the changes ALOT of people have been asking for, but please try to have abit more of an open mind. I'm not trying to insult the devs, I understand it's hard, but alot of us have a general idea, based on feedback, how we want the game to play out.

And to everyone else reading this, please try to keep this thread bumped up, or if the devs could sticky it that would be great, we need to ensure direct contact with them as much as we can and keep them aware of not only the issues with the CBT, but also with communication and the forum. They've been communicating alot, and let's make sure they stay with this positive outlook on the game and community.

Cheers, let's try to keep this game alive, it's gunna be hard but we can do it. At the moment, we're waiting on the devs, so hopefully they're doing their best!

I think your third opinion is wrong. As you said we are in closed beta and there is no need to test the overload thing. When the developers find the progress of the game satisfactory, they can change the game status to open beta and check the server status in the open beta.

So what i try to say, for now dont over think about server capacity, there are already lot things to needs improved or changed and i think there is a lot more of them but we still cant find it. Lets focus on this. (❁´◡`❁)

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, GodStep said:

I think your third opinion is wrong. As you said we are in closed beta and there is no need to test the overload thing. When the developers find the progress of the game satisfactory, they can change the game status to open beta and check the server status in the open beta.

So what i try to say, for now dont over think about server capacity, there are already lot things to needs improved or changed and i think there is a lot more of them but we still cant find it. Lets focus on this. (❁´◡`❁)

It's not a main focus, but it's something I want them to be aware of. They seem to not have much experience with microvolts, so I just want them to be prepared incase things head south. Considering how many people want to play the game but havent gotten keys, when official service starts, servers can probably crash which could turn people off to wanting to play more if it becomes a frequent thing. It's not an issue now, and there are more important issues, but we shouldn't shrug it off regardless. Everything needs to be addressed, we can't pick and choose which things to prioritize, that's only up to the devs.

Edited by Tanooki

mans completely right. personally I have been waiting for this game to release since masangsoft bought the rights to it, but unfortunately I didn't receive a key to the closed beta.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

These kind of posts put a lot of pressure on the team as they are already aware of all the issues you mentioned above. Leo said that it's not their first online game they launched so rest assured that they have a specific roadmap to launch and every step must be considered carefully. All you can do now + other testers is wait for a patch and announcement of introducing new features/game modes etc. 

They were probably well aware that there were lots of bugs scattered everywhere so one clear option was to split the game into tiny chunks instead of getting flooded with bugs and angry rants complaining about the amount of bugs(the rants came anyway..). 

Some of the changes that Leo dodged are probably considered crucial in game economics or they don't have the financial capital yet to do them. Remember that how much the dev team would like to upgrade certain aspects, there's always someone above who has to approve the time and money spent doing that.  

Last point I will make is that them sharing roadmaps would be kind of cool, but at a company level that takes a lot of resources and probably also has internal implications.(Some things could be sensible and not worth sharing with users).

Don't get me wrong, I was part of original Microvolts CB so I am looking forward for this, but we got to remember it takes resources to launch and maintain a game and resources aren't free 🙂

12 minutes ago, Kimblee said:

These kind of posts put a lot of pressure on the team as they are already aware of all the issues you mentioned above. Leo said that it's not their first online game they launched so rest assured that they have a specific roadmap to launch and every step must be considered carefully. All you can do now + other testers is wait for a patch and announcement of introducing new features/game modes etc. 

They were probably well aware that there were lots of bugs scattered everywhere so one clear option was to split the game into tiny chunks instead of getting flooded with bugs and angry rants complaining about the amount of bugs(the rants came anyway..). 

Some of the changes that Leo dodged are probably considered crucial in game economics or they don't have the financial capital yet to do them. Remember that how much the dev team would like to upgrade certain aspects, there's always someone above who has to approve the time and money spent doing that.  

Last point I will make is that them sharing roadmaps would be kind of cool, but at a company level that takes a lot of resources and probably also has internal implications.(Some things could be sensible and not worth sharing with users).

Don't get me wrong, I was part of original Microvolts CB so I am looking forward for this, but we got to remember it takes resources to launch and maintain a game and resources aren't free 🙂

If you read the post, I am already aware of the pressure they have to endure. But I've done the research into the other games they ran, and they don't exactly have the best reviews, which is why I'm taking this abit more seriously. I understand that they're people, hell, I've defended them a number of times because people kept attacking them, but we can't be too passive about it.

Please don't take words out of my post and make it seem like I'm pressuring the developers, I've mentioned many times for them to take their time on this, and that I understand the situation fully. I know you're trying to look out for them, but so am I, we're on the same side! 

Also about finances, I'm aware they don't have alot money it seems, but again, I'm not rushing them, just making them aware of all our complaints. I didn't formulate this thread based on my own takes, or to pressure them, I did it just to summarize everyone's feelings from what I've seen on the forum.

Edited by Tanooki

12 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

If you read the post, I am already aware of the pressure they have to endure. But I've done the research into the other games they ran, and they don't exactly have the best reviews, which is why I'm taking this abit more seriously. I understand that they're people, hell, I've defended them a number of times because people kept attacking them, but we can't be too passive about it.

Please don't take words out of my post and make it seem like I'm pressuring the developers, I've mentioned many times for them to take their time on this, and that I understand the situation fully. I know you're trying to look out for them, but so am I, we're on the same side! 

Also about finances, I'm aware they don't have alot money it seems, but again, I'm not rushing them, just making them aware of all our complaints. I didn't formulate this thread based on my own takes, or to pressure them, I did it just to summarize everyone's feelings from what I've seen on the forum.

Also sorry if that post seems aggressive, wasn't my intention! Just realized how sarcastic / mean I look but I didn't mean to come across that way.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Also sorry if that post seems aggressive, wasn't my intention! Just realized how sarcastic / mean I look but I didn't mean to come across that way.

I wouldn't say it sounded aggressive, but demandinglol. I believe the game is in safe hands with Leo and his team. 😄

Edited by Kimblee
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kimblee said:

I wouldn't say it sounded aggressive, but demandinglol. I believe the game is in safe hands with Leo and his team. 😄

I do too, don't worry!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I do too, don't worry!

Btw I read everything and from a strategic point of view I think the community is the only reason they bought and worked towards relaunching the game. As far as I remember game ended on bad reputation so for them it's a high risk to invest a lot of money in the game, but with lower risks and a pleased community there is hope.

I am inside the game industry and I am trying to find logic behind their actions so to speak. As a regular user/player it's harded to understand the business process.

I'm not targeting you; just leaving it up here for anyone that might read it lol.

Edited by Kimblee
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

goofy ah fourms

spacer.png

Edited by KiritoAims
Finally was able to post my opinion had to post a screenshot because it kept giving forbidden 403 been trying to post this for 4 hours now.

I've been checking in every couple of weeks since 2018, its insane to me to check back and see that the official website is changed and theres actually a select lucky few that get to experience the game!

I hope theres more keys to be given out, can't wait to play this game again!

On 9/1/2022 at 7:07 PM, Lou said:

I've been checking in every couple of weeks since 2018, its insane to me to check back and see that the official website is changed and theres actually a select lucky few that get to experience the game!

I hope theres more keys to be given out, can't wait to play this game again!

When the official site changed I thought I was losing my mind!