General Discussion

The Anti-Cheat system.

Boryte

Hello everyone, so I'm aware the game didn't even open yet. But I know y'all remember the cheating problem MicroVolts had back in the day. If the game will really have competitive ranked system then it's very important that cheating is reduced as much as possible.
The previous anti-cheat of MicroVolts (xigncode3) didn't do this. It was extremely easy to bypass.
I think the admins of MicroVolts should really look into integrating an anti-cheat system into the game. Now it doesn't need to be on the level of Vanguard from Valorant. Since I'm aware Riot is a multi-billion dollar company. But there are decent anti-cheat systems out there that'd help eliminate cheaters quite a bit. 
One of the ideas is EAC, which is also a kernel anti-cheat and they offer integration to online games.

Other idea is having a simple server-sided anti-cheat to take care of blatant cheaters. Since MicroVolts is made in gamebryo and gamebryo is made of C++ that is definitely possible. C++ has a good potential for prediction based anti-cheats. I think even valorant has simple server-side anticheat alongside Vanguard. To stop spinbotters, speed/fly hackers etc. Everything that's extremely blatant. I'd be down to help with this if any of the admins of MicroVolts is interested!

Edited by Boryte

AS the name implies easy anti cheat is easy to get around, im yet to play a game that uses this that doesnt have a massive hacker problem. SO using that solves absolutly nothing.

18 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

AS the name implies easy anti cheat is easy to get around, im yet to play a game that uses this that doesnt have a massive hacker problem. SO using that solves absolutly nothing.

I think you are overexaggerating. Easy-AntiCheat is definitely not perfect, far from it but it definitely works and detects vast majority of free cheats and most paid ones. Ofc bypasses exist, but that's why it's crucial to have active moderating community as well that will help control the competitive integrity of the game.

The ammount of people complaining about how bad it is is astonishing and ive had first hand impressions on how bad it could be. Take ironsight for example, it keeps getting waves of hackers to the point it made me quit becausei  was sick of having to deal with match after match of perfect accuracy always headshot cheaters. Using eac is better than nothing but they could try to do something on their own before using an anti cheat that plenty of people have seen isnt that great.

On 8/29/2022 at 10:08 PM, desafinado56 said:

The ammount of people complaining about how bad it is is astonishing and ive had first hand impressions on how bad it could be. Take ironsight for example, it keeps getting waves of hackers to the point it made me quit becausei  was sick of having to deal with match after match of perfect accuracy always headshot cheaters. Using eac is better than nothing but they could try to do something on their own before using an anti cheat that plenty of people have seen isnt that great.

They will use XignCode3. Hopefully, latest and full version. It's a decent anti-cheat, still kernel based but not as good as EAC, BEAC or Vanguard. But still a decent choice.

Well, my windows memory integrity check is broken thanks to this XignCode3, they shouldn't be using XignCode3 at all. S4 League had it and was horrible, it was like having nothing.

image.png.298bdc6d064d0995fe60587b06dee841.pngimage.png.37735dcb39090f4976010d105c5807a6.png

Edited by Sontopo
  • 2 weeks later...

Well back then i didn't notice anything but now that i read some comments and forums about xigncode... Welllll...
Itss prettty bad.

Some of the comments: 

"-it invades you privacy and then sent these stadistics to a random Chinese company without your consent-
-if such attacks are found; it would essentially give full control of your PC to attackers.

-It has been reported that the XIGNCODE will continue to run regardless if you have game running, or even have any game installed

-The bottom line is, Xigncode gathers and submits data with poor security measures"

Since i have no idea what they can use instead of xigncode so i cant really add my opinion except that its sounds bad what they say...

BUT whats ur opinion guys? 🤔

On 9/22/2022 at 12:33 AM, Anesydora said:

Well back then i didn't notice anything but now that i read some comments and forums about xigncode... Welllll...
Itss prettty bad.

Some of the comments: 

"-it invades you privacy and then sent these stadistics to a random Chinese company without your consent-
-if such attacks are found; it would essentially give full control of your PC to attackers.

-It has been reported that the XIGNCODE will continue to run regardless if you have game running, or even have any game installed

-The bottom line is, Xigncode gathers and submits data with poor security measures"

Since i have no idea what they can use instead of xigncode so i cant really add my opinion except that its sounds bad what they say...

BUT whats ur opinion guys? 🤔

This is the case for old versions of XignCode3. The latest updated version doesn't have this issue 

• Like 1
On 9/21/2022 at 10:33 PM, Anesydora said:

"-it invades you privacy and then sent these statistics to a random Chinese company without your consent-

Don't most apps do this anyway?